Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

A Queen size bed is raised 7" to achieve five degrees, so you adding an additional inch should be fine. I have had reports from people who have increased the angle and some find it does improve their conditions more, though this could be coincidental or it might have additional benefits in some conditions. We used a higher elevation for people with spinal cord injury to aid damaged nerves to reconnect and though this may sound simplistic, we did see some amazing reponses in complete spinal cord injury (2 years post injury without any recovery of sensation or function )
Thanks again; truly amazing results in so many areas.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Initially there is a detox effect, where sediment including metals migrates towards the kidneys and ultimate excretion through bladder. This migration of sediment would also alter our circulation. Could this be what your observing?
I am not sure but would love it if the detox effect would be another great benefit to IBT. Has anyone to your knowledge confirmed this with a before and after blood or urine test for heavy metals? I imagine that this is due to improved circulation that may mobilize stored metals.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
1) I like many other have noticed a darker more cloudy urine from IBT.
@Jennifer says the that cloudy urine contains a lot more of the bad stuff that should be filtering out. She can probably explain it better then me though.

I am not sure but would love it if the detox effect would be another great benefit to IBT. Has anyone to your knowledge confirmed this with a before and after blood or urine test for heavy metals? I imagine that this is due to improved circulation that may mobilize stored metals.

This test is certainly worthwhile, though a luxury I haven't experience or had reported back.

Urine density test was the best I could achieve, using a simply hydrometer, but very interesting in that head down bed rest produced urine density close to water for my wife and I. IBT increased urine density over that of normal daily activity and flat bed rest.
Heavy metals are more likely to end up in the bladder when sleeping inclined, liberated by improved circulation. Picture the kidneys as the goal in a pin ball game and the balls as heavy metals.

At London International inventions fair 2007, I set up a tubular circulation system using a drip feed bag to introduce red coloured salt water into the top of an intricate system to represent arterial flow and venous return. A bladder wash bag filled with clean water represented the kidneys with a tube flowing in through a T junction and cleaner water flowing out to a catheter bag also filled with water. People, including Dr's Scientists, inventors and the public were invited to drip feed salt solution over 2 days exhibiting. It showed how density changes drives the circulation and how our kidneys excrete salts, metals and other waste in the urine. The catheter bag eventually became too full with coloured salt solution and water, so the drainage tap came in handy for releasing the salt solution in the same way we visit the toilet.

I won a gold award for the beds I exhibited and for the science inside the elaborate tubular circulation system.

Last edited:

tfcjesse

@andrewkfletcher for IBT, do you recommend a certain sleeping position over any other? Back, side, or alternating throughout the night as necessary?

Last edited:
Alternating posture is ideal, even if only for short periods. Essential for relieving pressure points, whether on a flat bed or inclined. It also helps to move food through the intestines, avoiding constipation and blockages.

tankasnowgod

Just completed the medical survey on IBT that was listed on this forum. I'm at the one month mark.

My results are very positive, overall. I have been sleeping better at night, have noticed an improvement in cold hands and feet, and am more awake in the mornings, and seem to have more energy. Waking temps have consistently been 98.6, with no signs of running on adrenaline during the night. I have also noticed some improvement in some longer term aches and pains. The results are amazing, considering it is such a cheap and easy thing to implement.

I will certainly be continuing to sleep this way. I've had keratosis pilaris for as long as I can remember, and while it has gotten better with age (and sunlight), I will be monitoring that in the coming months to see if it improves.

keratosis pilaris
This will be interesting for sure. Some skin conditions have respond well to IBT including scarlatina, psoriasis, old scar tissue. My son had a serious burn on his leg after flaming fat was thrown on him when it caught fire. His healing was complete with little evidence of the event to be found.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

just recommended IBT to a friend of a friend with late stage renal failure. She is refusing dialysis or a transplant and has been on a long journey of medical hide and seek to find a cure. Will report back in a couple of months if anything has improved.

@andrewkfletcher , any thoughts/suggestions I could pass along?

btw if this were a just world you would have been given the Nobel for this.

The experiment I set up at the London International Inventions fair 1997, showed that dense salt solution was effectively removed at the bottom of a circulation system akin to our own, set up to show how drips of coloured salt solution from a bag migrate down through the tubes, causing circulation on the ascending and descending sides, representing arterial and venous blood flow. It worked perfectly over 3 days, tested hundreds of times by visitors. The salty water, coloured with food dye was observed to flow right to the bottom of the bladder wash bag, where cleaner water exited into a catheter bag (final rinse) and the remaining coloured water settled, with clean water exiting. This is in essence how dialysis works, with dense substances migrating through a dialysis tube in a bath of clean water. Gravity is providing this function, though pressure from our bloodflow is what pushes the blood into the machine.

My Father was given hours to live, he was in a coma and according to his Doctors, he had multiple organ failure due to advanced pancreatic cancer that had spread to his liver and elsewhere. He was in a coma with thick oxidised tar like urine, obviously blood. His legs were severely swollen and his skin yellow. Most of which had occurred while on a flat hospital bed.

After a long tiresome battle, his bed was placed at a five degree angle, to humour me more than an acceptance of the logic. I stood guard, because each nurse that attended Dad would put it down flat again. Eventually placing a sign to warn staff not to interfere with his bed.

What we saw within hours amazed everyone. First his urine began to run clear and yellow. Then his massive legs shrank as his catheter was removing litres of fluid with ease. He woke from his coma and within days was walking around the ward reciting to everyone his poems and telling jokes.

Everyone was absolutely astonished by his recovery. He had a stent implanted to relive pressure on his bile duct from the tunour, which would eventually claim him after 8 months of good life. He even came down on holiday with my brother

End of life Aids patients in Africa have also responded to IBT.

Now there are going to be changes in urine output. Stronger urine, may be cloudy initially as the effects take place. May be much denser as I suspect your friend will have more toxins in her body that will need to be flushed out.

Another case history was that of Roger Kirk, who had a kidney transplant and it was failing rapidly and needed to be removed. His Dr said; Your renal function is being restored at 10% per month, what have you done differently?

Does this mean the kidneys will regenerate or does it mean that the angle of the body determines how much waste we can remove from our blood?

Hello everyone, hello Andrew,

You have heard from me in the FAQ, I said since I have had an incredible tachycardia that sent me to the hospital in the middle of the night I was scared of everything that could cause that another time, so I confessed having not slept very well the first night with my bed raised 6 inches I put it flat again for the next night. On the other hand, I thought it was a pity not to try inclinedbedtherapy because I was so scared about my heart. So I raised my bed again but only 3 inches. Maybe it seems very little, yes and no because there is already an improvement in the tingling I have in my hands when sleeping on my right or left side. But for me, the most incredible and inexplicable is that for at least ten years my urine was incredibly foamy, so much so that in January this year I went to a hospital asking to check proteinuria because I know foamy urine is a sign of protein in urine which is a serious problem with the kidneys. I cannot say it was obsessive but since so many years I was frustrated not to know what it was? I talked to some doctors no one took it seriously so in January I made a few pictures with my telephone to show the doctor, before asking for checking for proteinuria, telling look it seems I drink some liquid soap to have such a foam in my urine. After the analyses, nothing, no protein at all in my urine.

After 3 days of inclining my bed no more foam at all nothing/nothing! As I said it was foamy like that for at least a decade, never ever there was no foam in my urine, not one single day. Today for the first time in so many years no foam anymore? Absolutely nothing, I have not the smallest beginning of an explanation but however, I consider that as probably something positive because it is surely abnormal to have so much foam in one's urine. But how on earth it stop totally and almost immediately after raising the bed is a mystery?

Georges Beaujea
Thailand
TH.gif

Lutzzy

Very interesting, a sister-in-law was given the same remedy for acid reflux, they put a brick under the top of the bed to create the head raised angle. Not long ago I read an article about requiring pillows to raise the head in jewish hospitals......One country doctor told her sister in law that her back pain was from kidneys not having enough fat around them to stand all day and do hair...to go to work at another job....Wonder if that would have helped her to continue doing her job she loved without pain in the back from kidneys? My ears or brain aways tunes in on kidneys I have a friend on dialysis 3 times a week. She was feeling awful after her
treatments and had to go home early one day due to storms and felt better after the short treatment...I guess they charge by the hour for treatments and did not want to give her less suctioning out despite her telling them she was washed out after treatments and her blood pressure was bottoming out...Another patient for life treatment. lately they have been bugging her with vaccines. She will not take a vaccine. She was a jail nurse for years, she said she will take two weeks to die if they withhold treatments because she will not vaccinate.

tankasnowgod

Just recently noticed another improvement. I used to have, dry, rough skin on my elbows. I know that's pretty common, and it didn't really bother me. Sometimes, it would seem to get extra chapped and crack, and would notice a bit of extra pain.

Well, I just recently noticed that the skin on my elbows was more hydrated and smooth, after this month plus of IBT. It's a pretty small thing, but if the benefits keep on stacking up like this, I will happily take them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It's a pretty small thing, but if the benefits keep on stacking up like this, I will happily take them.
Nothing small about that.

#Winning

Check finger nails for half moons, smoothness, ridges, brittleness for comparisons as the months pass. Hair can also change colour, usually darker than pre ibt, texture, shine, and reduced losses,have also been reported. Examine any old scars, photograph if possible as they tend to smooth out and become barely visible. Sight prescriptions are also useful to determine changes. Symptoms / changes to monitor while using inclined bed therapy (IBT) Parameters - Inclined Bed Therapy IBT - Restore & Support Your Health

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals