Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

tara

Birdie

On my bed, it looks like the original wooden bed slats are sagging, not the ones I had made to do the incline.

Sheila

Greetings,

We have now been trialling this for about a month, from 10cm - 17.5cm elevation and are, completely sold. Not that there is anything to buy, if you have either bricks or blocks of wood to hand - just make sure your bed is sound structurally first - place desired block/brick height under the bed-head feet and sleep. My beloved husband is definitely standing straighter, his lower back pain has gone, and we both have more energy and are less tired and recover quicker (than we are used to doing) after weeks of strenuous tree planting after using this sleeping position. In many years of work in the natural health arena, I have never seen anything deliver such results so swiftly. Maybe you have to be a bit older and creakier to benefit!

If there is a caveat, I would say that we rushed to 17.5cm (our 5 degree incline) too quickly (after 5 days) and had to 'go back down' for a bit due to my discomfort (soreness before fully waking) and this might be to do with the comparatively more sluggish lymphatics of a female, not sure. Spider veins are definitely receding and general digestion and elimination, whilst already reasonable, have improved too.

So an unusually positive, no-real-downside thumbs up from Sheila, that will make a change and I didn't mention sulphates even once.
Best regards to all
Sheila

Xisca

I'd like to think raising your headboard actually works, but I've never seen any real research findings that even discuss it.
Just try it, it is so easy!

Xisca

sorry i misunderstood the concept ^^ i thought it was only ment to raise your head. now it makes sense. but what is the theory behind it? sometimes when i dont feel very well i want to lay down flat on the floor and after a while it gets better. so i find my circulation improves when i lie down. when you incline the bed i think it would be harder for your heart to pump against the gravity?

Read on the nexus article listed, it is the reverse, due to where the heart is! It is hard to remember you have to read it, or just belive others figured out and there is no problem, the reverse.
I found it helped for waking up with less nose congestion and less lymphatic stagnation. My eyes are better in the morning.

Birdie

Greetings,

We have now been trialling this for about a month, from 10cm - 17.5cm elevation and are, completely sold. Not that there is anything to buy, if you have either bricks or blocks of wood to hand - just make sure your bed is sound structurally first - place desired block/brick height under the bed-head feet and sleep. My beloved husband is definitely standing straighter, his lower back pain has gone, and we both have more energy and are less tired and recover quicker (than we are used to doing) after weeks of strenuous tree planting after using this sleeping position. In many years of work in the natural health arena, I have never seen anything deliver such results so swiftly. Maybe you have to be a bit older and creakier to benefit!

If there is a caveat, I would say that we rushed to 17.5cm (our 5 degree incline) too quickly (after 5 days) and had to 'go back down' for a bit due to my discomfort (soreness before fully waking) and this might be to do with the comparatively more sluggish lymphatics of a female, not sure. Spider veins are definitely receding and general digestion and elimination, whilst already reasonable, have improved too.

So an unusually positive, no-real-downside thumbs up from Sheila, that will make a change and I didn't mention sulphates even once.
Best regards to all
Sheila
Thanks so much Sheila. Will send this to a friend I'm trying to convince. Take care, Birdie

tankasnowgod

But experience shows that when legs are tired and swollen and if veins are swollen the inclined position (standing, sitting etc,) makes it worse and if we elevate legs - it helps. So i can't imagine why it could be different with inclined bed o_O
Maybe someone with circulation problems have already tried inclined bed and could share experience with it....

Well, if you are standing or sitting, it is different than lying in an inclined bed. Both Sitting and Standing can cut off circulation, due to pressure points. Personally, before IBT, I found walking to be the ultimate aid to circulation. Cold Hands and Feet would warm up in 10 minutes or so. Not only do you have the benefit of movement and being vertical, but you aren't putting constant pressure on one point. This is why you can see so many videos of people standing for long periods passing out (like ROTC training, Weddings, and such). They forget to shift their weight. I have found that lying in an inclined bed for 10 minutes or so to have the same effect on hands and feet that walking does.

IBT is a way to get the benefits of gravity for circulation while at rest, and not putting pressure on a small area of your body (your feet or tailbone).

tankasnowgod

Okay, I have been doing Inclined Bed Therapy for 2 weeks now, and really like it. Apparently, in the first few weeks or so, you can have transient aches and pains, and some swelling. I have indeed gotten some minor aches (in my back), and this is likely due to the slight traction. But, those aches are similar to a day after weight lifting..... almost a pleasant soreness. I'm sure this is due to the slight traction.

Circulation has been awesome. My body is warmer all over when I wake up in the morning, especially hands and feet. This was a bit of an issue before. I think, over time, I will be able to get off all thyroid medication, with just occasional use, not daily. Digestion has also improved, albeit slightly. I've also noticed I've been dreaming more over these two weeks, including one very vivid dream. My joints also seem better lubricated. Especially my right knee. I was beginning to worry about it a bit, but it seems much more functional now.

Really excited about this. Will update in a few weeks, and some take up to 4 weeks or so to adapt.

tankasnowgod

Fletcher has a bunch of pics of animals sleeping head up on hills. But it could be argued that it is safer to sleep that way, head higher to spot for predators.

In addition to this point, that animals do sleep inclined when given a choice, keep in mind that us humans walk around on two legs, not four. So, we are likely to get more benefits from sleeping inclined than a dog, cat, horse, goat, or cow. Same way a 400ft California Redwood makes better use of gravity than does a 1 inch blade of grass.

vulture

Okay, I have been doing Inclined Bed Therapy for 2 weeks now, and really like it. Apparently, in the first few weeks or so, you can have transient aches and pains, and some swelling. I have indeed gotten some minor aches (in my back), and this is likely due to the slight traction. But, those aches are similar to a day after weight lifting..... almost a pleasant soreness. I'm sure this is due to the slight traction.

Circulation has been awesome. My body is warmer all over when I wake up in the morning, especially hands and feet. This was a bit of an issue before. I think, over time, I will be able to get off all thyroid medication, with just occasional use, not daily. Digestion has also improved, albeit slightly. I've also noticed I've been dreaming more over these two weeks, including one very vivid dream. My joints also seem better lubricated. Especially my right knee. I was beginning to worry about it a bit, but it seems much more functional now.

Really excited about this. Will update in a few weeks, and some take up to 4 weeks or so to adapt.
I'd appreciate your further feedback on IBT. I also have cold hands and feet

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I'd appreciate your further feedback on IBT. I also have cold hands and feet
Im 2 months in with a 6" incline and like others have nothing but good things to report. Nothing really life altering but just some subtle improvements.
- less back pain and stiffness
- warmer hands and feet (usually have cold hands/feet too)
- much less nasal congestion and easier breathing
- more rested and less waking during night
- finally stopped sliding down the bed
- darker more concentrated urine. I think Fletcher mentioned that you may need to drink more water as the increased circulation increases body evaporation.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

By the way, if any of you have a Pulse Oximeter, this testimonial is really interesting. Apparently, his oxygen saturation improved quite a bit after two weeks.

IWishIWasRich

Aren't vivid dreams suppose to not be good? I heard that vivid dreams are just tiring you when it happens, I dont remember the details but something along the lines of you not being in real "rest mode"

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Okay, after reading this thread and considering my sinus issues, I decided to try inclined bed therapy again. I started last night and woke with no aches or swelling. One of my inner ears has lots of fluid on a recurring basis that I hope this will solve or at least make less irritating.

I will also be monitoring my spider veins for improvements.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

tankasnowgod

Aren't vivid dreams suppose to not be good? I heard that vivid dreams are just tiring you when it happens, I dont remember the details but something along the lines of you not being in real "rest mode"

Well, I've only had one vivid dream since starting, but I woke up felling pretty refreshed that day. Personally I hope for more.

tankasnowgod

So, on Friday, I got a blister on my foot. Medium sized, annoying, not really painful, probably from doing some walking at the beach. I bandaged it, and after two nights of IBT, 90% of the fluid is drained. This is 36 hours later. Thanks to the bandage, I know it didn't burst. It's a pretty minor thing, but it is another indicator that circulation has improved, and goes to Fletcher's claims that all healing is accelerated and improved.

Anyway, still going good, still like sleeping inclined. Most of the transient aches of the adaptation period have gone away.

vulture

Okay, after reading this thread and considering my sinus issues, I decided to try inclined bed therapy again. I started last night and woke with no aches or swelling. One of my inner ears has lots of fluid on a recurring basis that I hope this will solve or at least make less irritating.

I will also be monitoring my spider veins for improvements.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.
I'm pretty interested on your spider veins evolution on IBT

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals