I'm 27 Male And I Just Bought Progesterone

Herbie

3mgs on the lips per day see how it goes, its been advised to take 10-15mgs for 10 days then stop, the concern is antagonising androgens, can be taken with dhea to help mitigate this risk. last week I took around 100mgs of progest e out of curiosity.

Tenacity

For overall health and well-being
I think 3-15 mg a day makes sense in the absence of any degenerative condition or troubling symptoms, perhaps only using it when stressed. Your response to an amount of progesterone is dependent on your current state of health, so go slowly when increasing the dose. Peat says the first dose should never exceed 15mg. Have you read Peat's writings on progesterone?

tara

Andman

3mgs on the lips per day see how it goes, its been advised to take 10-15mgs for 10 days then stop, the concern is antagonising androgens, can be taken with dhea to help mitigate this risk. last week I took around 100mgs of progest e out of curiosity.

so what was it like to use that much? any benefits?

Herbie

so what was it like to use that much? any benefits?

I got very relaxed, kind of drunken state, was laughing a lot then couldn't stay awake.

I felt very calm the next week, sleeping deeper, voice got deeper, felt more refreshed after the working week, impacted libido for 2 days but then back to normal.

Andman

I got very relaxed, kind of drunken state, was laughing a lot then couldn't stay awake.

I felt very calm the next week, sleeping deeper, voice got deeper, felt more refreshed after the working week, impacted libido for 2 days but then back to normal.

sounds good to me! :D

tara

last week I took around 100mgs of progest e out of curiosity.

Glad that went well for you.
For anyone wanting to avoid extreme or potentially dangerous sedation, the risk can apparently be mitigated by taking multiple smaller doses on gums spaced out by 15 mins or so. That way there' be a limit to how far you'd go. (Not commenting on longer term risks/benefits, just the immediate sedation.)

Herbie

Glad that went well for you.
For anyone wanting to avoid extreme or potentially dangerous sedation, the risk can apparently be mitigated by taking multiple smaller doses on gums spaced out by 15 mins or so. That way there' be a limit to how far you'd go. (Not commenting on longer term risks/benefits, just the immediate sedation.)

Whats the danger and risk of sedation? do you mean operating machinery?

tara

Whats the danger and risk of sedation? do you mean operating machinery?
Sounds like you didn't go too far for your circumstances. I imagine operating machinery could be an issue. But more extremely, IIRC if you anaesthetise and sedate too far you can start to shut down some body functions. Maybe 100mg isn't going to do that to most people, but it obviously did have quite a strong effect on you, and some people might get a stronger effect - it can vary a lot from person to person.

I'm female, so I'd expect to naturally have more of it in my system anyway, and to tolerate higher doses. When I wanted to try a larger amount - at least 100mg - to see if I could stop a migraine, after only using smaller doses before, I split it and took it at intervals just to make sure I didn't massively overdo it. (I got so I just wanted to stay lying down and not move for quite a while, but it didn't stop the migraine.)

IIRC, Peat suggested 10mg doses at 10 min intervals could be safe when extreme circumstances warranted higher dose. Once you know your tolerance, you may be able to take bigger jumps.

Herbie

Sounds like you didn't go too far for your circumstances. I imagine operating machinery could be an issue. But more extremely, IIRC if you anaesthetise and sedate too far you can start to shut down some body functions. Maybe 100mg isn't going to do that to most people, but it obviously did have quite a strong effect on you, and some people might get a stronger effect - it can vary a lot from person to person.

I'm female, so I'd expect to naturally have more of it in my system anyway, and to tolerate higher doses. When I wanted to try a larger amount - at least 100mg - to see if I could stop a migraine, after only using smaller doses before, I split it and took it at intervals just to make sure I didn't massively overdo it. (I got so I just wanted to stay lying down and not move for quite a while, but it didn't stop the migraine.)

IIRC, Peat suggested 10mg doses at 10 min intervals could be safe when extreme circumstances warranted higher dose. Once you know your tolerance, you may be able to take bigger jumps.

Shutting down some body functions like breathing? lol.

When I said couldn't stay awake, I took it before bed and went to bed. I have listened to all of Rays recommendations on it, never heard of these dosages recommend and I remember he said he had an accident with it and had a large amount and he went to sleep.

I did it out of curiosity but I have taken half that before one time.

Tenacity

Shutting down some body functions like breathing? lol.

When I said couldn't stay awake, I took it before bed and went to bed. I have listened to all of Rays recommendations on it, never heard of these dosages recommend and I remember he said he had an accident with it and had a large amount and he went to sleep.

I did it out of curiosity but I have taken half that before one time.

How much progesterone does it take for you to achieve that 'drunken' state? Or have you only experimented with higher doses on that one occasion? I've taken up to 54mg so far for a degenerative condition yet haven't experienced even tiredness, so I was thinking about upping the dose.

vulture

How was your progesterone and androgen levels before using it?

Herbie

How much progesterone does it take for you to achieve that 'drunken' state? Or have you only experimented with higher doses on that one occasion? I've taken up to 54mg so far for a degenerative condition yet haven't experienced even tiredness, so I was thinking about upping the dose.

I took about 50mg one time and didn't get that drunken state but this time I did. Im only estimating 100mgs.

jitsmonkey

Ray has consistently over and over and over recommended pregnenolone as a first stop before progesterone for young men.
Especially if they are without serious illness.
But heck this is the Ray Peat forum, ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations is a way of life.
Rock on bruh.

lampofred

Progesterone is the best thing I've ever used. When I was a kid, every year that I grew older, I would look back on my behavior a year ago and think, "Wow, I was an idiot back then." That stopped when I graduated high school. But when I used progesterone for basically 3/4ths of a year (starting in fall 2017 and ending in April of this year), that brain development happened again. I think progesterone is the most important hormone for brain growth/protection and overall development of personality.

It's been 4 months since I've used progesterone, and I can feel myself degenerating because I think my natural production of it is very low... I might go buy some more even though I had to stop using it due to symptoms of reversal of puberty after using massive doses for months and start using it at more moderate doses so that I don't antagonize androgens...

Really helps my verbal fluency too, I wouldn't have written the rambling mess I've written above a few months ago when I was using progesterone...

Also to jitsmonkey, Ray himself uses progesterone regularly, and from personal experience, pregnenolone doesn't come close to progesterone in it's effects on brain/personality development, no matter how high a dose you use.

I sound like a freaking drug addict, but there is nothing in the world that comes close to progesterone for me.

Honestly, maybe one day I will go ahead and decide I want to become an androgynous, asexual being because it will give me the freedom to use progesterone ad libitum.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals