Progesterone dosage for male cancer/chemo

Peachy

Hello! I’d love to get a few opinions on a good starting dose of progesterone for a male in his 70s with metastatic cancer (bladder-spine). He’s on palliative chemo.

Hoping to counteract neurotoxicity of chemo, plus get the calming, healing benefits of progesterone.

I don’t have a say in the treatment plan. Trust me I’ve tried. But he’s entrusting me with the nutrition side of things.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Currently he’s getting carboplatin and gemcitibine. I think he’s halfway through with about 5 more rounds to go.

OP
Peachy

Peachy

Funny that you mention that. His hearing has gone downhill (even before chemo). I think he was on cisplatin but they took him off for this reason. I wonder if sodium thiosulfate is helpful for other chemos. I’ll look into it. Thanks.

Gadsie

Funny that you mention that. His hearing has gone downhill (even before chemo). I think he was on cisplatin but they took him off for this reason. I wonder if sodium thiosulfate is helpful for other chemos. I’ll look into it. Thanks.
I'm no oncologist but I think all platinum based chemos have the same effects and I think the protective substances will be the same as well

OP
Peachy

Peachy

I’m reading it 100% does. I passed this onto them. Thank you!