I'm 27 Male And I Just Bought Progesterone

johnwester130

ideally, take it with testosterone

I don't know the ratio, maybe 100mg progesterone to 1mg testosterone could be experimented with

jitsmonkey

Progesterone is the best thing I've ever used. When I was a kid, every year that I grew older, I would look back on my behavior a year ago and think "Wow, I was an idiot back then." That stopped when I graduated high school. But when I used progesterone for basically 3/4ths of a year (starting in fall 2017 and ending in April of this year), that brain development happened again. I think progesterone is the most important hormone for brain growth/protection and overall development of personality.

It's been 4 months since I've used progesterone, and I can feel myself degenerating because I think my natural production of it is very low... I might go buy some more even though I had to stop using it due to symptoms of reversal of puberty after using massive doses for months and start using it at more moderate doses so that I don't antagonize androgens...

Really helps my verbal fluency too, I wouldn't have written the rambling mess I've written above a few months ago when I was using progesterone...

Also to jitsmonkey, Ray himself uses progesterone regularly, and from personal experience, pregnenolone doesn't come close to progesterone in it's effects on brain/personality development, no matter how high a dose you use.

I sound like a freaking drug addict, but there is nothing in the world that comes close to progesterone for me.

@Iampofred I have been corresponding with Ray for 20 years I'm aware that he uses Progesterone that's like telling someone Michael Jordan is a Basketball player. I too am a male and use progesterone.

I'll repeat.... The thread title is from a 27 year old male.
Ray has over and over and over again recommended Pregnenolone as a first stop BEFORE Progesterone.
This is so basic its silly.

I respond much better to progesterone as well, yet how I respond is irrelevant.

as I also said...
Ignoring Ray Peat's advice on the Ray Peat Forum is pretty much a pastime
Rock on.

lampofred

@Iampofred I have been corresponding with Ray for 20 years I'm aware that he uses Progesterone that's like telling someone Michael Jordan is a Basketball player. I too am a male and use progesterone.

I'll repeat.... The thread title is from a 27 year old male.
Ray has over and over and over again recommended Pregnenolone as a first stop BEFORE Progesterone.
This is so basic its silly.

I respond much better to progesterone as well, yet how I respond is irrelevant.

as I also said...
Ignoring Ray Peat's advice on the Ray Peat Forum is pretty much a pastime
Rock on.

I'm not disagreeing with you in general that people on this forum do a lot of things that aren't recommended by Peat (myself included). But although he doesn't recommend progesterone use for males, he says that progesterone even for men is perfectly safe aside from a temporary neutralization of testosterone if used in excess and that testosterone will come right back once progesterone use is stopped. OP, if brain is more important than balls for you, then progesterone use is good. I do agree with you, jitsmonkey, that Peat is warning that progesterone shifts the brain/balls ratio in favor of the former if used to excess and that pregnenolone will increase the function of both equally instead of shutting one off at the benefit of the other.

Tenacity

@jitsmonkey Peat has also said that there are no high-quality pregnenolone supplements on the market. So what is one to do? Take neither? I've had correspondence with Ray about progesterone and he said it's helpful for short-term use (with the added note that using large amounts for too long a time period will antagonise testosterone).

lampofred

@jitsmonkey Peat has also said that there are no high-quality pregnenolone supplements on the market. So what is one to do? Take neither? I've had correspondence with Ray about progesterone and he said it's helpful for short-term use (with the added note that using large amounts for too long a time period will antagonise testosterone).

When did he say this? Was this after HealthNatura's pregnenolone came out?

jitsmonkey

I'm not disagreeing with you in general that people on this forum do a lot of things that aren't recommended by Peat (myself included). But although he doesn't recommend progesterone use for males, he says that progesterone even for men is perfectly safe aside from a temporary neutralization of testosterone if used in excess and that testosterone will come right back once progesterone use is stopped. OP, if brain is more important than balls for you, then progesterone use is good. I do agree with you, jitsmonkey, that Peat is warning that progesterone shifts the brain/balls ratio in favor of the former if used to excess and that pregnenolone will increase the function of both equally instead of shutting one off at the benefit of the other.

Actually its simpler than that.
He outright recommends young men start with Pregnenolone to see how they respond.
Doesn't matter what the reason.
I'm simply stating clearly and emphatically what Ray would tell this young man.
Doing a round of Pregnenolone is cheap, easy, safe, etc.... not a single reason not to do it first
unless the person who asked is broke and already has the Progesterone or they are in crisis.
Simple.

Herbie

I think the confusion is that the older generation do not understand the levels of stress and degeneration that is occurring for the younger generation, the younger generation are pioneering new ways and this is a good example.

jitsmonkey

I am not telling you nor anyone else what to do
I am simply telling you what the man has said dozens of times in response to the same question.
You can do whatever you like.
as I previously said. I use progesterone myself however I am not a young man (don't tell that Benjamin B guy)
If my son (who is a young man) asked me (or ray) I'd tell him same.
Try a couple weeks of pregnenolone track your pulse/temp/mood and see how you do
if it doesn't help then a trial of progesterone may be in order.
Unless there's a crisis/emergency going SLOW is your friend when it comes to these things.
But again in RPF fashion lets just do it all as fast as we can and stay confused AF.

jitsmonkey

I think the confusion is that the older generation do not understand the levels of stress and degeneration that is occurring for the younger generation, the younger generation are pioneering new ways and this is a good example.

I think your observation would be accurate IF the advice was for young men NOT to take progesterone
However that is NOT the recommendation.

Rock on bruh.

Herbie

I think your observation would be accurate IF the advice was for young men NOT to take progesterone
However that is NOT the recommendation.

Rock on bruh.

Have you asked the OP if he already tried pregnenolone before he purchased the progesterone?

jitsmonkey

Have you asked the OP if he already tried pregnenolone before he purchased the progesterone?

No I didn't, he'd have to pay me to ask him questions.
Ray's advice (and what I've said now 3 times) is the same regardless of what has transpired previous.
If he's already tried preg before then jolly good for him I bet he's smart enough to know what's next and even how to pass go and collect $200 now.

lampofred

Ray's advice (and what I've said now 3 times) is the same regardless of what has transpired previous.
If he's already tried preg before then jolly good for him I bet he's smart enough to know how to pass go and collect $200 now.

Wish he would have had to pay you to get the honor of you posting on his thread

Reasonable advice but so condescending

jitsmonkey

If he's already tried preg before then jolly good for him I bet he's smart enough to know what's next and even how to pass go and collect $200 now.

Just for the record...
I'm trolling you. We can be done if u like.
I already given the OP the info he needs.

Herbie

lol

jitsmonkey

Wish he would have had to pay you to get the honor of you posting on his thread

Reasonable advice but so condescending

Actually I'm being condescending to you and the other bloke who seem to have reading comprehension issues.
What I said was simple and both of you managed to be confused by it.
But as I said
Rock. On. No need to do anything Ray would recommend.
#AnarchyRPF

lampofred

Actually I'm being condescending to you and the other bloke who seem to have reading comprehension issues.
What I said was simple and both of you managed to be confused by it.
But as I said
Rock. On. No need to do anything Ray would recommend.
#AnarchyRPF

Your very first post which wasn't in reply to either me or Benjamin had the sarcastic "But heck this is the Ray Peat forum, ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations is a way of life. Rock on bruh." But I'm not really trying to get into get into one of those lame online arguments though so sorry if anything I said offended you, and yeah I agree pregnenolone is a better first step for young men over progesterone.