Low T 27 Male

OP
D

danks010101

Yup, I think the liver certainly is part of the puzzle, I'm going to keep using TUDCA and add in Taurine too amongst other things. I'd like to see my ALT get below 50 at least.

Hypothyroidism is another suspect for sure, will be mentioning this to the GP next time I see her.

My father had high liver enzymes and my grandmother is hypothyroid so possible genetic vulnerability there.

I have had an ultrasound and been diagnosed with NAFLD

EnergeticLeo

It's going to fill up anyone's androgens as long as it's taken transdermally in high enough quantities.

I add large oral quantities to it as I am estrogen deficient and it fills those estrogenic pathways nicely too.
Why is transdermal less likely to convert to estrogen than oral? Just here to learn!
And what approx. levels of transdermal DHEA are you talking about? e.g. for a classic low T, high estrogen, over-stressed young male.

Santosh

Why is transdermal less likely to convert to estrogen than oral? Just here to learn!
And what approx. levels of transdermal DHEA are you talking about? e.g. for a classic low T, high estrogen, over-stressed young male.

Haidut posted the reason why it goes the androgenic route transdermally, you would have to look for the thread to know the exact reason.

What levels ? Enough that your symptoms resolve.

OP
D

danks010101

No real update other than I've completely stopped taking SSRI (Zoloft/sertraline)

My irritability has increased again due to it but I feel it was just masking and numbing me anyway.

GP has not contacted me since before Christmas so I'll be looking to see what the next steps are after figuring out my free and total test levels were that of a 90 year old.

Last edited:
OP
D

danks010101

1673205086931.png

OP
D

danks010101

UPDATE:
Latest bloods are in.

Managed to get Free T4 and a few other bits tested but will need to see endo to get further Thyroid tests done.

Thyroid function test
Serum TSH level 6.0 mu/L [0.27 - 4.2]; Above high reference limit
Serum free T4 level 15.1 pmol/L [12.0 - 22.0]

Serum triglyceride levels
Serum triglyceride levels 1.8 mmol/L [0.6 - 1.9]

Serum lipid levels
Serum cholesterol level 4.7 mmol/L
Serum HDL cholesterol level 1.0 mmol/L
Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio 4.7
Serum non high density lipoprotein cholesterol level 3.7 mmol/L

Serum prolactin level 503 mu/L [< 700.0];
Please note: 95% of female patients will have a prolactin result of <5
00 mIU/L and 95% of male patients will have a prolactin results of
<325 mIU/L. Results of 500 - 700 mIU/L for female patients and 325 - 7
00 mIU/L for male patients are rarely pathological and are likely due
to thestress of venepuncture.

Honestly not really sure what to make of these tests, will be speaking to GP on 6th of Feb

Jessie

Did your T levels ever get any better?

I see your TSH and Prolactin are elevated, but I don't think that's hypo enough for T to fall under 200ng. That's a pretty bad reading.

Honestly, at your age, being closer to 30 than 20, you should probably just stick with TRT.

You should definitely work on your thyroid and get that prolactin down, though. It may make marginal improvements in your T, but more so your SHBG. Which is important for systemic health.

OP
D

danks010101

Did your T levels ever get any better?

I see your TSH and Prolactin are elevated, but I don't think that's hypo enough for T to fall under 200ng. That's a pretty bad reading.

Honestly, at your age, being closer to 30 than 20, you should probably just stick with TRT.

You should definitely work on your thyroid and get that prolactin down, though. It may make marginal improvements in your T, but more so your SHBG. Which is important for systemic health.
I haven't been tested for my testosterone since December, I've been referred to the endocrinologist for further investigation.

I'm curious about the SHBG, mine was 20 which is on the low end, is it better to have it a bit higher?

OP
D

danks010101

That TSH level indicates serious hypothyroidism to me.
I guess I need to get my free T3 tested too but I've always woken cold around 96F with all the usual hypo symptoms, tried tyromix but I couldn't get the symptoms or temperature up.

Jessie

I haven't been tested for my testosterone since December, I've been referred to the endocrinologist for further investigation.

I'm curious about the SHBG, mine was 20 which is on the low end, is it better to have it a bit higher?
I think on the high end of normal would probably be best. Low SHBG spells trouble for liver health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals