Low T 27 Male

danks010101

Just recently got a set of blood test results in - some improvements in my ALT (improved by 20 points) which was good to see compared to previous tests after using TUDCA for a month but a further decrease in my serum testosterone.... Wondering if this is why I'm feeling so weak, unmotivated and depressesd/anxious.

Serum sex hormone binding globulin level 20 nmol/L [15.0 - 64.0]

Serum testosterone level 6.6 nmol/L [8.0 - 31.0] (190 ng/dL)

Age related adult male testosterone reference ranges given; Below low reference limit

LH/FSH

Serum LH level 3 u/L [1.0 - 8.0]

Serum follicle stimulating hormone level 2 u/L [1.0 - 7.0]

Liver function tests

Serum total protein level 67 g/L [60.0 - 80.0]
Serum albumin level 38 g/L [35.0 - 50.0]
Serum globulin level 29 g/L
Serum alkaline phosphatase level 97 u/L [30.0 - 130.0]
Serum alanine aminotransferase level 61 u/L [< 50.0]; Above high reference limit
Serum total bilirubin level 4 umol/L [< 21.0]

I've been referred to the endocrinologist but I'm struggling to understand the meaning of these results, would be great if I could get some insight before I chat to them about treatment options etc.

N

Ned Nederlander

Testosterone is Incredibly low. Well into the hypogonadal category. It‘s almost unbelievable that a man in his 20’s could have a TT level of 190.

The endo will probably either prescribe something like clomid with HCG or TRT. Don’t do the clomid/HCG therapy.

Are you fat? Do you use recreational drugs or drink a lot? Have you ever done any PED’s, including SARMS? These things can all tank TT levels.

Lifting weights, losing weight if you’re fat, eating eggs and saturated fats, limiting alcohol consumption, etc can all potentially increase testosterone naturally.

Your case is something else though. Ive heard plenty of 20 somethings presenting with levels in the 300’s and 400’s, but 190 is incredible.

If it were me, and my levels were that low and wouldn’t increase after trying the natural remedies above, I would probably just get on TRT. It will be difficult to function as a man with levels that low.

OP
D

danks010101

Testosterone is Incredibly low. Well into the hypogonadal category. It‘s almost unbelievable that a man in his 20’s could have a TT level of 190.

The endo will probably either prescribe something like clomid with HCG or TRT. Don’t do the clomid/HCG therapy.

Are you fat? Do you use recreational drugs or drink a lot? Have you ever done any PED’s, including SARMS? These things can all tank TT levels.

Lifting weights, losing weight if you’re fat, eating eggs and saturated fats, limiting alcohol consumption, etc can all potentially increase testosterone naturally.

Your case is something else though. Ive heard plenty of 20 somethings presenting with levels in the 300’s and 400’s, but 190 is incredible.

If it were me, and my levels were that low and wouldn’t increase after trying the natural remedies above, I would probably just get on TRT. It will be difficult to function as a man with levels that low.

Yeah it seems kinda ****88. My TT was 400 last time it was checked which is still low but not this bad.

I have been on Sertralline 100-150mg (Zoloft) which has helped a bit with my irritability but it could very well be pushing my already borderline levels further down. Now that my GP has seen my testosterone results I'll be weening myself off of the SSRIs that don't really fix my depression anyway just mask the feelings a bit.

I don't do gym/exercise I just insanely irritable trying to do something fun such as soccer/football, get extremely angry if the other team scores against us - low resillience to stress...

I was naturally very athletic and high performer when I was in my teens, doing weights at the gym etc.

I have never taken anabolic steroids/sarms, I have smoked pot from 15-19 years old 1-3 times a week on average, quite possibly related too, never done anything hardcore like coke or heroine etc.

I don't drink alcohol regularly at all average is basically 0 units per week, only during christmas time do I drink somewhat decent amount but my liver will start telling me to stop (uncomfortable mild pain in the liver region)

I have taken Pansterone at the recommended dose before as well as Tyromix with varying results.

OP
D

danks010101

I am 252lbs and 6 feet tall. Had a lot of weight gain past few years stretch marks on stomach and all. Extremely difficult to loose even consuming low calories

N

Ned Nederlander

I am 252lbs and 6 feet tall. Had a lot of weight gain past few years stretch marks on stomach and all. Extremely difficult to loose even consuming low calories

You’re pretty overweight. Excess fat tissue lowers testosterone by increasing the aromatase enzyme, which converts more of your testosterone to estrogen.

I am generally skeptical when most say that they are not losing weight while in a caloric deficit. It’s very easy to underestimate your actual caloric intake.

My suggestion would be to get some Thyroid labs done too if you can just to see where you’re at as far as thyroid function.

Lose weight: slight caloric deficit (250 - 500 calories under maintenance). Lift weights three times a week if possible. Eat enough protein and mostly unprocessed foods (beef, eggs, boiled potatoes, fruit, etc.). Limit alcohol to once a week.

OP
D

danks010101

You’re pretty overweight. Excess fat tissue lowers testosterone by increasing the aromatase enzyme, which converts more of your testosterone to estrogen.

I am generally skeptical when most say that they are not losing weight while in a caloric deficit. It’s very easy to underestimate your actual caloric intake.

My suggestion would be to get some Thyroid labs done too if you can just to see where you’re at as far as thyroid function.

Lose weight: slight caloric deficit (250 - 500 calories under maintenance). Lift weights three times a week if possible. Eat enough protein and mostly unprocessed foods (beef, eggs, boiled potatoes, fruit, etc.). Limit alcohol to once a week.
Maybe yeah, I never bother eating breakfast (0 appetite) and have a small lunch / normal dinner but it could still be a calorie surplus if my metabolism is ***t.

I will mention to GP about getting thyroid bloods done because I've only had TSH which was 2.48 and in the past a long time ago it was 3.3 but that's still in range so it never went further

N

Ned Nederlander

Exercise in reasonable amounts, especially strength training, can also improve metabolism and thyroid function. Are you active at all?

Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle will have quite a few negative effects, mentally, physically including lower metabolic rate, etc.

HighT

Maybe yeah, I never bother eating breakfast (0 appetite) and have a small lunch / normal dinner but it could still be a calorie surplus if my metabolism is ***t.
Start eating 4-5-6 meals a day. If you have to force feed in the morning, do it. Of course do wieghts, sprints,martial art. If you eat just 1 and a half meals a day you are slowing your metabolism and the body think there is no food therefore convert everything into fat thus more estrogen less T

OP
D

danks010101

Exercise in reasonable amounts, especially strength training, can also improve metabolism and thyroid function. Are you active at all?

Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle will have quite a few negative effects, mentally, physically including lower metabolic rate, etc.

I spend time in my cabin outside in the garden so I do a good amount of walking to and from the main house, played football/soccer for a while too but no weights as I just get dizzy/fatigued. Even when I lifted heaviest weights I could I still struggled with ED and low energy/libido.

I would say I'm sedentary for sure but I make sure to not sit down longer than 30 mins at a time

OP
D

danks010101

Start eating 4-5-6 meals a day. If you have to force feed in the morning, do it. Of course do wieghts, sprints,martial art. If you eat just 1 and a half meals a day you are slowing your metabolism and the body think there is no food therefore convert everything into fat thus more estrogen less T

I can definitely start getting into the habit of eating early and more frequently, I did used to drink a lot of milk and honey and eat things such as liver and oysters once a week. Ray Peat type foods seemed good in theory but in practice I generally just felt cold and developed further constipation lowering starch and stuff.

When I'm healthier with a functioning metabolism am sure it'd be different.

HighT

I did used to drink a lot of milk and honey and eat things such as liver and oysters once a week. Ray Peat type foods seemed good in theory but in practice I generally just felt cold and developed further constipation lowering starch and stuff.
Milk shouldn't make you cold but the opposite. Drink it hot though. What stuff are you basically eating? Did you make carrot sallad? How often you play football?

but no weights as I just get dizzy/fatigued.
Maybe is cause you don't get the required nutrients for that.

Jonk

Things to maybe look into is digestion and vitamin D. I don't recommend laxatives per se but what I've noticed in myself is that when I have a relatively clear intestine I regain my ability to stay out in the sun. I don't react very well to vitamin d supplementation but feel really good after using tanning bed/getting sun exposure. If I'm constipated -> leads to agitation and extreme sun/heat/exercise intolerance. I like this article by Hans Amato concerning vit d and digestion. Low vit d, hypothyroidism and bad digestion often go hand in hand, also leading to several nutrient deficiencies. Not saying this is your case just some general thoughts.
I don't do gym/exercise I just insanely irritable trying to do something fun such as soccer/football,
Sounds like endotoxin, maybe increasing nitric oxide and other nasty stuff. Again, I would check vitamin d and digestion. Also maybe check if you have any specific foods you react negatively to. Mike Fave on the Energy Balance podcast describes how he lost a lot of weight only by quitting dairy.

That's at least some "low hanging fruits" to consider. Zinc or zinc carnosine might also help temporarily to increase exercise tolerance by reducing exercise induced endotoxemia.

Santosh

Just recently got a set of blood test results in - some improvements in my ALT (improved by 20 points) which was good to see compared to previous tests after using TUDCA for a month but a further decrease in my serum testosterone.... Wondering if this is why I'm feeling so weak, unmotivated and depressesd/anxious.

Age related adult male testosterone reference ranges given; Below low reference limit

LH/FSH

Liver function tests

Serum alanine aminotransferase level 61 u/L [< 50.0]; Above high reference limit

I've been referred to the endocrinologist but I'm struggling to understand the meaning of these results, would be great if I could get some insight before I chat to them about treatment options etc.

The first hormone therapy you should try before T is high dose DHEA both orally and transdermally.

It will fill in all your androgens unlike testosterone and you will feel really good.

Supplementing T is a little short-sighted and incomplete.

N

Ned Nederlander

The first hormone therapy you should try before T is high dose DHEA both orally and transdermally.

It will fill in all your androgens unlike testosterone and you will feel really good.

Supplementing T is a little short-sighted and incomplete.

You think DHEA is going to fill up the androgens of someone in their 20’s?

Santosh

You think DHEA is going to fill up the androgens of someone in their 20’s?

It's going to fill up anyone's androgens as long as it's taken transdermally in high enough quantities.

I add large oral quantities to it as I am estrogen deficient and it fills those estrogenic pathways nicely too.

Hans

Forum Supporter

LH/FSH

Liver function tests

Liver issues can lead to low SHBG and your ALT was high, indicating liver issues. Liver issues can also lead to low T3 due to impaired conversion. Low LH and FSH could be a result of low T3.

GreekDemiGod

Liver issues can lead to low SHBG and your ALT was high, indicating liver issues. Liver issues can also lead to low T3 due to impaired conversion. Low LH and FSH could be a result of low T3.
This is also the case for me. High liver enzymes, diagnosed with liver steatosis. I also poorly convert T4 to T3.
And my SHBG has been at the bottom range last time I tested, a sign that “peating” harmed my liver.

youngsinatra

This is also the case for me. High liver enzymes, diagnosed with liver steatosis. I also poorly convert T4 to T3.
And my SHBG has been at the bottom range last time I tested, a sign that “peating” harmed my liver.
Yeah the liver is central to the health of the whole body.

After I severely damaged my liver my fT3, fT4 also dropped from high range to the lower middle range and I noticed a big drop in libido too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals