Only 1% milk, iron, progesterone, and DHEA for male during puberty?

baccheion

Any issues with progesterone + DHEA supplementation for a male during puberty? What's the youngest age to start each?

1.5 oz/lb 1% milk
Iron
Progesterone
DHEA

Does low PUFA lower fertility/attractiveness among males? What about progesterone?

How much progesterone during teens? 5-15 mg? DHEA?

Last edited:

redsun

Any issues with progesterone + DHEA supplementation for a male during puberty? What's the youngest age to start each?

1.5 oz/lb 1% milk
Iron
Progesterone
DHEA

Does low PUFA lower fertility/attractiveness among males? What about progesterone?

A teenage male doesn't need to take any hormones. His body makes the most it will ever make in its lifetime. But its all dependent on him eating a well-rounded diet with enough calories and not restricting foods. Iron rich foods will help increase hormones further but again, any teenager, male or female, needs the typical wide variety of foods. And why you would think to give a growing male progesterone especially is beyond me. This or supplementing any hormone will be harmful.

Natural foods containing PUFA should not be strictly avoided for teenagers.

OP
B

baccheion

A teenage male doesn't need to take any hormones. His body makes the most it will ever make in its lifetime. But its all dependent on him eating a well-rounded diet with enough calories and not restricting foods. Iron rich foods will help increase hormones further but again, any teenager, male or female, needs the typical wide variety of foods. And why you would think to give a growing male progesterone especially is beyond me. This or supplementing any hormone will be harmful.

Natural foods containing PUFA should not be strictly avoided for teenagers.
That's why I am asking. Regardless of needing or not, what are positive/negative effects? For example, would it be bad to take progesterone/DHEA? Why?

K

Kayaker

That's why I am asking. Regardless of needing or not, what are positive/negative effects? For example, would it be bad to take progesterone/DHEA? Why?
Doubtful. It's just throwing away money. Keep the teen's TSH minimized and nutrients sufficient, and teach him a thing or two about survival in this brave, new world instead of worrying about such silly matters.

johnwester130

1.5 oz/lb 1% milk
Iron
Progesterone
DHEA

Your post makes absolutely no sense

What has the milk got to with it?
and the iron?

Are you suggesting that as the only foods and supplements to take?

cupofcoffee

just make sure to eat a lot of proteins, nutrients and calories.

I'd avoid taking hormones until much later in life (if you're healthy you might even not need them at all)

Edit. Didn't read the title well, JFL of course it's not okay to drink only milk It should common sense

Last edited:

DonLore

1.5 oz/lb 1% milk
Iron
Progesterone
DHEA

Why the **** would anyone feed milk only diet to anyone? At the very least add some meat and fruit there

K

Kayaker

Why the **** would anyone feed milk only diet to anyone? At the very least add some meat and fruit there
I think I understand. The person only wants to feed the boy milk, and starve him so he drinks more. She is concerned about maximizing his attractiveness. I imagine a boy given progesterone will grow up to become prettier, and that this would be preferable in this case, as opposed to a masculine man. Fertility was also asked about, which suggests that their relationship isn't familial. The OP has obviously never fed a child food before, yet asks about a boy who is hitting puberty, so it may be an orphan who lost his parents due to the pandemic.

Brandin

It might not be enjoyable but if you add vit b3, manganese and a bit of iron you actually got a really good diet. Wouldnt hurt addong some oysters for copper. I think this person is thinking purely out of a grpwth perspective not out of joy devouring food.

OP
B

baccheion

Your post makes absolutely no sense

What has the milk got to with it?
and the iron?

Are you suggesting that as the only foods and supplements to take?
Yeah. I am mainly wondering about the effects of progesterone (+ DHEA) during puberty. Upsides and downsides. Would they stunt linear growth or something? Masculinization? I am just unclear.

ursidae

I think I understand. The person only wants to feed the boy milk, and starve him so he drinks more. She is concerned about maximizing his attractiveness. I imagine a boy given progesterone will grow up to become prettier, and that this would be preferable in this case, as opposed to a masculine man. Fertility was also asked about, which suggests that their relationship isn't familial. The OP has obviously never fed a child food before, yet asks about a boy who is hitting puberty, so it may be an orphan who lost his parents due to the pandemic.
I believe OP is a male

mrchibbs

Yeah. I am mainly wondering about the effects of progesterone (+ DHEA) during puberty. Upsides and downsides. Would they stunt linear growth or something? Masculinization? I am just unclear.

No downside, but probably not necessary unless there's some signs of suboptimal hormonal production.

I would suspect as Ray has written about it before, that a short course of progesterone+DHEA (say in 3-5:1 ratios) for 2-3 months can permanently stimulate higher endogenous synthesis. Pregnenolone + thyroid is probably an even better option for young men.

So it shouldn't have to be permanent, and would be down the list of priorities.

Emphasizing optimal sleep, consumption of nutritious foods like eggs, liver, shellfish, meat, getting loads of sunshine, having healthy sexual relationships, playing sports, maintaining a vibrant social life etc.

All those things are more important than taking extra prog/dhea/testosterone/dht etc.

DonLore

It might not be enjoyable but if you add vit b3, manganese and a bit of iron you actually got a really good diet. Wouldnt hurt addong some oysters for copper. I think this person is thinking purely out of a grpwth perspective not out of joy devouring food.
Yeah well, maybe in some cases a period of milk only wouldnt be the worst idea but in puberty, I think the risk of developing a serious eating disorder is already too much and I think there still is a risk of deficiences if nothing else is eaten. We dont yet even know all the nutrients there are, and what if the milk would lack some mineral if the soil is depleted? We crave a variety of foods for reason. But yes, (quality) milk is a cheap and really nutritious food.

OP
B

baccheion

No downside, but probably not necessary unless there's some signs of suboptimal hormonal production.

I would suspect as Ray has written about it before, that a short course of progesterone+DHEA (say in 3-5:1 ratios) for 2-3 months can permanently stimulate higher endogenous synthesis. Pregnenolone + thyroid is probably an even better option for young men.

So it shouldn't have to be permanent, and would be down the list of priorities.

Emphasizing optimal sleep, consumption of nutritious foods like eggs, liver, shellfish, meat, getting loads of sunshine, having healthy sexual relationships, playing sports, maintaining a vibrant social life etc.

All those things are more important than taking extra prog/dhea/testosterone/dht etc.
How much of each? DHEA so young doesn't (prematurely) seal growth plates?

mrchibbs

How much of each? DHEA so young doesn't (prematurely) seal growth plates?
Quite the contrary, there are reports of people growing with DHEA supplementation in their 40s.

Just a little bit. Say 10mg of progesterone and 2mg of DHEA daily but it's all experimentation and individuality.

OP
B

baccheion

Quite the contrary, there are reports of people growing with DHEA supplementation in their 40s.

Just a little bit. Say 10mg of progesterone and 2mg of DHEA daily but it's all experimentation and individuality.
What reports? Where?

How does that dose change with age? For example, teenager vs. 30s.

Elast1c

Nobody commenting on the iron? Wouldn't suggest it as American diet has plenty. Just eating pasta or toast and meat or liver/oysters seems plenty. Afaik even European grain has decent iron.

Last edited:

Elast1c

Um orphans under covid? Well I'm responding regarding iron which reacts with EFA'S to create free radical reactions in excess. Interesting "related" issue. I wouldn't take it but people have a responsibility to watch out for themselves so yeah research up things yourselves. Regarding iron Ray has made remarks so I'm unsure why it would even be unexpected to say since most diets have mandated iron supply in the food it's probably sufficient.

....or the kid is an orphan

Then it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals