Bought a Nebulizer, but could somebody explain how to use it proper ?

Motif

I bought it cause I catched a cold and still have some issues, but also for catching covid.

whst could I nebulize in it and how much do I need to put in? And how often should it be used?

Simply salt will have positive effect ?

is hydrogen peroxide really safe to use for that?

What about eucalyptus?

I‘m scared of using too much

jasieltego

Not much help but I'm also interested.
I've heard of people using hydrogen peroxide.
Dr. Mercola had a protocol for it.
Also heard of people using iodine I believe and also methylene blue. Once again, I've never tried it. I'm also interested and will wait on some replies

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hypertonic saline is already adopted prophylactically to manage cases of influenza, bronchiolitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, and other respiratory disorders. A spray is sufficient for the upper airways, while a nebulizer is needed to reach the lungs.
085D1569-4097-4484-984B-DE7346934DD9.jpeg

From this thread:
This is for making hypertonic saline. I would personally start with distilled water if making this for use in a nebulizer. 3 ml in the cup is a good first dose to gauge your reaction.

Mechanisms and applications of hypertonic saline

Perry Staltic

I've done the Mercola H2O2. Tried to upload the video, but failed. I've added 10 ppm colloidal silver to it. Just make sure whatever you nebulize is normalized saline (I think that's what they call it). Jet nebulizers are supposedly better than the little handhelds, but I guess those work.

Tigertyger

My mom had pneumonia 5 years ago and was put on antibiotics and steroids but only continued to get worse even after a full round of both. She started oxygen and it also made her get worse, she was getting frail and losing weight. I got a hold of a nebulizer and did iodine and it instantly made her start to cough up mucus and have relief. Also professional formula makes a homeopathic pneumonia drops that help her immensely. You can find the iodine protocol if you look up Dr. Mark Sircus.

md_a

My mom had pneumonia 5 years ago and was put on antibiotics and steroids but only continued to get worse even after a full round of both. She started oxygen and it also made her get worse, she was getting frail and losing weight. I got a hold of a nebulizer and did iodine and it instantly made her start to cough up mucus and have relief. Also professional formula makes a homeopathic pneumonia drops that help her immensely. You can find the iodine protocol if you look up Dr. Mark Sircus.
“One of the best-known free radical scavenging substances that has been widely used as a drug is iodide. It has been used to treat asthma, parasites, syphilis, cancer, Graves’ disease, periodontal disease, and arteriosclerosis. Diseases that produce tissue overgrowth associated with inflammation--granulomas--have been treated with iodides, and although the iodide doesn’t necessarily kill the germ, it does help to break down and remove the granuloma. Leprosy and syphilis were among the diseases involving granulomas* that were treated in this way. In the case of tuberculosis, it has been suggested that iodides combine with unsaturated fatty acids which inhibit proteolytic enzymes, and thus allow for the removal of the abnormal tissue.

In experimental animals, iodide clearly delays the appearance of cataracts. (Buchberger, et al., 199l.)

Inflammation, edema, and free radical production are closely linked, and are produced by most things that interfere with energy production.

Endotoxin, produced by bacteria, mainly in the intestine, disrupts energy production, and promotes maladaptive inflammation. The wide spectrum of benefit that iodide has, especially in diseases with an inflammatory component, suggests first that it protects tissue by blocking free radical damage, but it also suggests the possibility that it might specifically protect against endotoxin.”

The simplest way to visualize the effect of carbon dioxide on mucopolysaccharides is to think of its action as an expectorant, in which it decreases the viscosity of bronchial mucus, allowing it to be reabsorbed or expelled. Since iodide also has a long history of use as an expectorant, we should compare the effects of carbon dioxide and carbonic acid with the effects of iodide in other situations.

The sea cucumber has been used to study the physical properties of connective tissue, and it has been found that certain salts tend to soften the connective tissues, but that iodide doesn't. The well-established use of iodide to resolve granulomas, even when it doesn't eliminate the infectious agent, might suggest that it is protecting against something which is disrupting the connective tissue structure. The only publications I have seen that presented clear evidence of the disappearance of arteriosclerosis involved treatment with iodides.

In the retina, blood vessels can be seen to return to their normal appearance following a course of iodide treatment. Besides its possible direct effects on the mucins, iodide might help to eliminate calcium from the walls of blood vessels, since calcium iodide is very soluble. In aging, connective tissue becomes hardened by chemical cross-linking of the large molecules. If amino groups are well saturated with carbon dioxide, this type of reaction should be inhibited (Carbon dioxide also inhibits the production of free radicals, which are involved in some types of cross-linking reactions.) The waterlogged condition seen during shock or stress in blood vessels, lungs, and other organs, and the edema of the brain and cataracts of the lenses that follow metabolic impairments of various sorts, seem to involve the uptake of "free" water, at the same time that "bound" (unfreezable) water is lost.

Carbon dioxide seems to promote the retention of bound water, and protects against the edematous conditions. The swelling of muscles during hypoxic stress probably represents the basic process, in which lactic acid and pH increase, while C02, is lost. - Ray Peat `MUCUS, MUCINS, AND MYOPIA`

Large doses of vitamin A and potassium iodide have been used separately and together to promote general immunity, also to treat fungus infections; I suspect that an effect of iodide is to protect against the toxicity of unsaturated fatty acids. - Ray Peat `IMMUNITY, HORMONES and YEAST INFECTION`

Zpol

Here's a quick explanation...
(I would start at 1% dilution of hydrogen peroxide personally, keeping in mind the saline alone is beneficial)

OP
M

Motif

Thx everyone.

Will get more into how to dose everything

TNT

I nebulize 500-750-mg of glutathione per day. Add a pinch of baking soda to neutralize the pH. I recommend Designs for Health glutathione powder, which you can get at us.fullscript.com/welcome/healing -- you have to create an account before you can see what they have. It's not cheap, but it lasts a really long time, and everything on that website is 25% off retail, but you can't see prices until you create an account.

miquelangeles

I've done the Mercola H2O2. Tried to upload the video, but failed. I've added 10 ppm colloidal silver to it. Just make sure whatever you nebulize is normalized saline (I think that's what they call it). Jet nebulizers are supposedly better than the little handhelds, but I guess those work.

I tried the Mercola H2O2, sodium bicarbonate alone, sodium bicarbonate + magnesium sulfate, plain saline, and recently I tried 10 ppm colloidal silver.
By far the most impressive was colloidal silver. (I haven't tried iodine because I'm mildly hyper).
There are reports of people with CF and COPD going from 90-93 to 99 oxygen saturation following colloidal silver nebulization once or twice a day.

Case report of a 12-year-old boy with severe CF complications who was referred for heart–lung transplant assessment.

the family discovered websites promoting colloidal silver for CF and purchased the product from their local health food shop. They independently commenced 2.5 mL b.i.d. of the solution in July 2006. Over the next three months the patient achieved a sustained improvement in symptoms, which persisted following weaning from oral steroids, nebulized antibiotics and regular asthma medications. He has continued rhDNase treatment. FEV1 peaked at 60% (Figure 1). The family declined transplant assessment. He remained well for a year, enjoying a skiing holiday, full participation in school rugby matches and significant improvements in his golf handicap.

Inaut

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Decided to dry a drop of lugols, a drop of sski and a touch of baking soda in 10cc of water. Probably overdid the amount of iodine/dide but i can say that within 10 minutes of nebulizing, the sore throat was gone. I really like nebulizing now :thumbup

Tigertyger

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Decided to dry a drop of lugols, a drop of sski and a touch of baking soda in 10cc of water. Probably overdid the amount of iodine/dide but i can say that within 10 minutes of nebulizing, the sore throat was gone. I really like nebulizing now :thumbup
That's great! I keep iodine on had to nebulize if I started to feel unwell.

Last edited:

Beastmode

Here's a quick explanation...
(I would start at 1% dilution of hydrogen peroxide personally, keeping in mind the saline alone is beneficial)

Me:
Would nebulizing a food graded hydrogen peroxide or anything else you recommended good for overall health and/or acute treatment?

Peat:
Blood has a capacity to remove a certain amount of H2O2, but that capacity is very limited, and beyond that it is very toxic.

Probably why he never recommends it and suggest 4% saline or lidocaine instead for nebulization.

Tigertyger

Me:
Would nebulizing a food graded hydrogen peroxide or anything else you recommended good for overall health and/or acute treatment?

Peat:
Blood has a capacity to remove a certain amount of H2O2, but that capacity is very limited, and beyond that it is very toxic.

Probably why he never recommends it and suggest 4% saline or lidocaine instead for nebulization.
That's interesting. I wonder what Ray Peat think of Dr. Mark Sircus protocol nebulizing a few drops of iodine?

Perry Staltic

Me:

Peat:

Very non-specific. Nebulized H2O2 is not injected into the blood. It's affect would be at the epithelial layer of the respiratory tract, where I imagine most of it is neutralized before getting to the blood

Beastmode

Very non-specific. Nebulized H2O2 is not injected into the blood. It's affect would be at the epithelial layer of the respiratory tract, where I imagine most of it is neutralized before getting to the blood
Email him yourself for more clarity. Whenever I've asked about using it, he seems to move towards other recommendations. Maybe he considers it a stressor on the lungs and there's much safer options to consider.

Perry Staltic

Email him yourself for more clarity. Whenever I've asked about using it, he seems to move towards other recommendations. Maybe he considers it a stressor on the lungs and there's much safer options to consider.

Dr Peat is not an MD. In things like this I give more weight to people with clinical experience. Dr. Mercola said it's the best thing he's ever seen for respiratory ailments.

Beastmode

Dr Peat is not an MD. In things like this I give more weight to people with clinical experience. Dr. Mercola said it's the best thing he's ever seen for respiratory ailments.

I've followed Dr. Mercola since 2001. He also suggest melatonin, ozone therapy, krill oil, vitamin d capsules with sunflower oil in them.

Clinical experience carries very little weight here. He has way more marketing experience than clinical.

Mercola was instrumental years ago to getting some alternative approaches out to the masses, but not all alternative approaches are ideal.

Do your thing. I was just sharing Peat's response to the use of it.

Perry Staltic

Clinical experience carries very little weight here.

Clinical experience is the only thing that matters. If the research says one thing and clinical experience shows the opposite why follow the research which many times is manipulated and just flat out wrong.

I would really like to hear from @nejdev if olive leaf extract helped his condition. Based on research Dgrouf (PhD, not a clinician) on twitter insisted that OLE was the cure-all for covid and long covid. I'd like to see if @nejdev experienced that, or if DGrouf was just blowing smoke up the @ss.

nejdev

Clinical experience is the only thing that matters. If the research says one thing and clinical experience shows the opposite why follow the research which many times is manipulated and just flat out wrong.

I would really like to hear from @nejdev if olive leaf extract helped his condition. Based on research Dgrouf (PhD, not a clinician) on twitter insisted that OLE was the cure-all for covid and long covid. I'd like to see if @nejdev experienced that, or if DGrouf was just blowing smoke up the @ss.
@Perry Staltic took it for a few weeks, didn’t do anything for me unfortunately. According to Ray I need to bring my TSH levels down.

The thing that has helped the most for me is antihistamines (Famotidin and Loratadine). I recently started taking natto-serra as I’ve heard other long haulers having some success with it (for microclotting). I’m on day three and it seems to have improved my fatigue and SpO2.

Would be happy to continue reporting on progress if others are interested. Next up is thyroid meds, trying to get some here in Sweden is a pain in the **** - doctors aren’t big on doling out meds and according to the Swedes my latest TSH measurement (3.3) is “completely normal.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals