If sugar is health promoting, why does it cause tooth sensitivity/ pain? And why does Calcium stop it?

Vanset

I wonder, would apple juice be better for teeth than OJ since it contains very little citric acid?
edit: just checked, it doesn't matter

Last edited:

Vanset

Related, lots of different opinions:

aniciete

My teeth were and are much better on a animal product + starch diet. I still have sugar from whole fruits just in much smaller quantities. My teeth looked terrible on a high dairy, low meat, high sugar diet. Had a high calcium to phosphate which made no difference and k2 never did anything positive.

RealNeat

The teeth are meant to brushed throughout the day, people don't seem to understand this. Just like one should be washing their hands (at the very least to rid of the myriad of toxins found in our modern environment) even if "germs are good for you."

Traditional people of many areas used chew sticks and would regularly swirl them around and dislodge food and brush off plaque. My Somalian friends have them hanging out their mouths like toothpicks and cigarettes along with stuffed in their short pockets, all day. Many of them have fluorosis but besides that their breath and teeth are always pristine.

People go from keto, which takes less dental effort at first with detriment in the long run (from constant stress metabolism), to high carb which requires more effort up front (especially if starch is a staple) with overall health improvement in the long run.

Acid is terrible for teeth, I know many low carb folks who ruined their teeth with ACV, and unripe fruit will do the same, which is probably over 90% of what most of the US consumes.

Miswak is the best dental hack, if it's too primal for you blotting brushes (which result in some similar results) exist.

RealNeat

All sugar will ferment during digestion, producing a byproduct of alchohol from the bacteria which decompose it. This alcohol is then used by the body to expunge/polish stored metals (similar to hydrogen peroxide) in tissues which puts them into circulation.

Metals have an affinity for the brain and nervous system due to the concentration and types of minerals housed in the brain which allow for electrical firing of neurons.

Because of this affinity, they are pushed towards the brain, and the brain will attempt to detox these metals through the gumline. If there's not enough calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and/or magnesium to bind to these metals coming through the gumline, they'll corrode the teeth.

The increased bacterial counts of candida (as one example) found in the mouth of someone with poor dental health are the result of a lack of major minerals. Those bacteria show up as damage control to deal with the excessively acidic, mostly metal, compounds that are showing up on the teeth.

Simply put again, sugar and alcohol will cause metal detox and the gumline is a major receiver of such detox.
Any references?

from constant stress metabolism
Sounds like a mantra. I do bloods every month or so. And improvements are evident since the beginning of my LC/keto, 2 years by the way.

The teeth are meant to brushed throughout the day,
There's probably something to this. Whenever I briefly brush with clay (montmorillonite or illite) after drinking a canned beverage or consuming starch, I don't have any undesirable sensations on the teeth.
Any references?
Gum And Tooth Disease contains some of it.

The rest has to be searched out on

aajonus.online

or other lectures posted elsewhere, where they can be found. Aajonus has said what I printed before many times.

I learned just now that he believes stored medical drugs being detoxed are also a part of the problem of gum disease.

Sorry to be vague, but I assure you that the only better source for this is to copy/paste a bunch of Q&A transcripts which you can quickly find yourself on the above site.

RealNeat

Sounds like a mantra. I do bloods every month or so. And improvements are evident since the beginning of my LC/keto, 2 years by the way.
2 years is nothing. It's not mantra it's physiology, if after 10 years you are at peak health, (I'm not wishing you ill health) then I will consider the possibilities.

2 years is nothing. It's not mantra it's physiology, if after 10 years you are at peak health, (I'm not wishing you ill health) then I will consider the possibilities.
I'm yet to see lab confirmed improvements on RPF style diet even short-term.

artist

Yeah imo there’s no way to make sugar a staple for probably most people, certainly myself, and not have some significant issues eventually. I can’t handle starch either so I wind up eating pretty high fat and this is fine for me it seems. Acidity is a huge issue too— orange juice at the beginning of my ~Peat journey (8 years ago now lol) basically destroyed my perfect teeth, I had tons of gumline cavities that had to be filled and a couple that weren’t filled that threaten to worsen to this day. No extractions or anything though. B careful

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals