Ideal body temperature?

Connor888

I know that the ideal day time body temperature is 98.6 usually in someone who has a healthy metabolism, but what about at various other times of the day? What waking temperature is 'normal' for you, and does it fluctuate much throughout the day/evening?

Personally, my oral temperature during the day fluctuates. I am often between 37.2 - 36.7c during the day - & sometimes as low as 36.3c when I am about to go to bed. But not always.

Thanks.

Jennifer

What waking temperature is 'normal' for you, and does it fluctuate much throughout the day/evening?

My waking temp is typically 98.2° (36.8°) and the only time I see a change in my daytime/evening temp is right after I’ve consumed something cooling like ice cream, but my temp rebounds within 15 minutes or so.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

My waking temp is typically 98.2° (36.8°) and the only time I see a change in my daytime/evening temp is right after I’ve consumed something cooling like ice cream, but my temp rebounds within 15 minutes or so.
Yeah I think thats normal. I think temperature fluctuations immediately after eating are physiologically impossible to avoid.

So your temperature before you rise in the morning is 36.8c, and you maintain that all day normally?

Jennifer

@Connor888, yes, my temp before I rise is 36.8° and my daytime/evening temp averages 37.2°.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

@Connor888, yes, my temp before I rise is 36.8° and my daytime/evening temp averages 37.2°.
Thanks. Thats interesting. How do you take your temperature usually, and are you taking any supplements or hormone? My temperatures look quite different to yours

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Connor888. :) I usually take my temp orally but sometimes also rectally to compare, and I supplement thyroid (TyroMix) and vitamin D3.

exile

97.8-98.2 is the parameters Broda Barnes established for a waking temp under the armpit. He found less than that highly suggests hypothyroid while more than that usually points to an overactive thyroid or infection.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

97.8-98.2 is the parameters Broda Barnes established for a waking temp under the armpit. He found less than that highly suggests hypothyroid while more than that usually points to an overactive thyroid or infection.
Thanks. The internet says axillary temps are lower than oral by 0.3 - 0.6c which is quite a lot. I may have to compare the two some time because I only take my temps orally.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

You’re welcome, @Connor888. :) I usually take my temp orally but sometimes also rectally to compare, and I supplement thyroid (TyroMix) and vitamin D3.
By the way, do you prefer to get your D3 from lanolin, or vegan sources like Lichen? I wonder if one is more effective than the other for maintaining good levels.

exile

Thanks. The internet says axillary temps are lower than oral by 0.3 - 0.6c which is quite a lot. I may have to compare the two some time because I only take my temps orally.

Yeah I wish he would listed oral temp in his book too, but only listed under the arm and once listed rectal. I just use an a glass one under the arm in the morning.

Jennifer

By the way, do you prefer to get your D3 from lanolin, or vegan sources like Lichen? I wonder if one is more effective than the other for maintaining good levels.

I question the allergenicity of lichen-based D3 for someone with my history of plant allergies so I use vitamin D3 from lanolin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals