İce Vest

What are the benefits of wearing an ice vest? In what situations is it useful?
I would imagine it could be beneficial for women dealing with hot flashes or to keep people who work in hot temperatures from having heat stroke. The only time I have heard Ray Peat talk about lowering temperature is for good sleep. So maybe wearing one before bedtime could be a good strategy?

Badger

Actually, getting cold can do a lot. Here's a sample from description of Ben Greenfield podcast where it's discussed:

-How cold affects the brain…43:00​

-Inflammation and immune system benefits of cold…49:50​

• Norepinephrine that's released inhibits many inflammatory pathways (TNF-α)
  • Also decreases macrophage inflammatory proteins (MIP-1), produced by immune cells, and can cause arthritis and other inflammatory-related conditions
  • Improves the integrity of the blood-brain barrier (BBB)
  • Doubles glutathione reductase, increases superoxide dismutase
  • Inhibits collagenase activity
  • Decreased pain response to injury

-The effects of cold on aging…53:15​

• Aging causes the production of immunosenescence
  • Increased lymphocyte numbers (white blood cells)
  • T-killer cells decrease naturally with age
  • Thymosin-α 1 peptide

-Cold's effects on fat loss…54:20​

Badger

Also, using Bing AI, I found these comments on cold from Joel Greene's "The Immunity Code" (which I have read):

"Here are some of the things I found about Joel Greene and his book "The Immunity Code" regarding using cold for health purposes:

- In his book, Greene describes a protocol called "The Two Day Core Pattern" that involves alternating between two types of days: a "cold day" and a "warm day". On the cold day, you expose yourself to cold temperatures (such as an ice bath or a cold shower) for 10 minutes in the morning and evening, eat foods that lower your body temperature (such as mint, cucumber, watermelon, etc.), and drink ice water throughout the day. On the warm day, you do the opposite: expose yourself to warm temperatures (such as a sauna or a hot bath) for 10 minutes in the morning and evening, eat foods that raise your body temperature (such as ginger, cinnamon, chili peppers, etc.), and drink warm water throughout the day. The purpose of this protocol is to create a "thermal shock" that stimulates your immune system, activates brown fat cells, improves blood flow, and enhances cellular repair¹.

- Greene also created another protocol called "The Daisy Cutter Diet" that involves eating only one type of food for each meal for three days. For example: breakfast - eggs; lunch - chicken; dinner - beef. The goal of this protocol is to rapidly recolonize your gut bacteria with beneficial strains that can improve your metabolism, immunity, inflammation, and mood. One of the benefits of this protocol is that it can increase your tolerance to cold by increasing your levels of butyrate-producing bacteria².

- Greene's book also discusses the importance of human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) for your gut health. HMOs are complex sugars found in human breast milk that act as prebiotics for certain types of bacteria in your gut. One of these bacteria is Akkermansia muciniphila (Akk), which can protect your gut lining from damage and inflammation. Akk can also increase your sensitivity to cold by activating brown fat cells and increasing energy expenditure³.

I hope this helps you learn more about Joel Greene's book "The Immunity Code" and how he uses cold for health purposes😊"

Source: Conversation with Bing, 3/12/2023
(1) The Two Day Core Pattern from Joel Greene's Immunity Code Book. The Two Day Core Pattern from Joel Greene's Immunity Code Book Accessed 3/12/2023.
(2) What is the Daisy Cutter Diet? - Layer Origin Nutrition. What is the Daisy Cutter Diet? Accessed 3/12/2023.
(3) Why They’re So Important For Your Gut - Cultured Food Life. HMOs and Bifidobacterium — Why They're So Important For Your Gut Accessed 3/12/2023.
(4) The Immunity Code: The New Paradigm for Immune Centric Health and .... Amazon product ASIN 057869140XView: https://www.amazon.com/Immunity-Code-Paradigm-Centric-Anti-Aging/dp/057869140X
(5) Anyone tried Joel Greene's Immunity Code? : r/Microbiome - reddit.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Microbiome/comments/s00xur/anyone_tried_joel_greenes_immunity_code/

Badger

If one does not have a bath tub to take a cold bath, I think this full body ice garment I found on Amazon would be just as good, or am I wrong?

Amazon product ASIN B07DPW2LDDView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPW2LDD/?coliid=I12V2HS6JKKT3D&colid=15QIK7JGHELNX&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals