Fruit Dessert to Replace Ice Cream to Lower Fat

Velve921

I currently do ice cream with dark chocolate and hard cheese before bed as it helps me sleep. What would be a good fruit dessert that could be a replacement for the ice cream that would be satisfying? I want it to be low fat before bed time but tastes absolultely delicious!

Maybe a fruity ice replacement?

tara

I find homemade fruit salad with just a little cream delicious.
Last night the kids got fruit salad and vanilla custard - can be made with low fat milk, and still feel really satisfying.
Or you could try making smoothies with fruit, milk, honey or sugar. If you add just enough cream to make them delicious, you could probably still be eating quite a bit less cream than in the icecream.
Fruit juice jelly.
Homemade lowish-fat cheesecake with stewed fruit or fruit salad.
Variations made by blending fresh cheese (cottage cheese/farmers cheese/greek yogurt), fresh or stewed fruit, gelatine, sugar. You can make up a batch and cut yourself a piece each night - should keep a few days, but probably freezable, too, if you want to make more ahead of time.

tara

Ba
Ewlevy1 said:
post 106141 What fruit do you like to put in smoothies?
Bananas and berries, mango, pineapple, dates.
Bananas, and pineapple may be a bit high in serotonin for lots of regular consumption for those of us who are susceptible. I think mango may not be great in large quantities every day. Berries I let the seeds settle to the bottom.
Could add in collagen hydrolysate if you wanted.
I don't have these every day, but now and then for variety, and the kids like them from time to time too - mostly berries or bananas with milk. One of them likes extra sugar/cream/icecream.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

I was about to ask you about pinapple and bananas and affect on serotonin levels. I tried a little banana in my smoothie last night and woke up pretty tired. I am for sure susceptible to serotonin.

I did not use berries but that makes sense as a tasty flavor. Last night I tried:

Papaya
Gelatin
Whole Milk
Orange Juice
Banana

I wish peaches, blood oranges, and apricots were in season!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals