I took TUDCA with alcohol, am I in danger?

Arclight

HELP NEEDED! I took TUDCA yesterday, and an hour afterwards I had two drinks, without reflecting on that this should never be combined. How bad is this going to hurt me? Should I seek immediate medical help or something?
I just realised I read long ago it is adviced to absolutely not drink after TUDCVa consumtion, but I had totally forgot it.

Jessie

No, you shouldn't seek emergency help. The liver is a highly resilient organ, just be mindful of this combination for future reference. The main problem is when someone takes TUDCA and has a "night of drinking," not two drinks, lol.

Just time it better next time. If you plan on drinking, skip TUDCA that day, and take it the next morning as part of your recovery.

cs3000

something to be aware of ,
its safe in an acidic stomach but acts as a carcinogen if the stomach is high pH

this one https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/301564959.pdf says "glycoconjugated and tauroconjugated bile acids are precipitated and, therefore, inactivated at pH <4 and 2 respectively" -
Glycochenodeoxycholic Acid - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics Effect of gastric pH on bile acids that have entered the stomach as a result of duodenogastric reflux - In a normal person with a gastric pH in the 1 to 3 range (a), the bile acids are inactivated by precipitation. In the partially acid suppressed state commonly present in patients on acid suppressive drugs (b), the gastric pH is in the 3 to 6 range and bile acid metabolites are in the soluble, un-ionized state where they have been shown to enter Barrett epithelial cells and induce carcinogenesis

In a patient with normal gastric acidity in the 1 to 3 pH range, bile acids precipitate into harmless insoluble molecules (Fig. 10.25). At a pH above 6, the bile acids remain in an ionized form, which precludes their entry into cells. Between a pH of 3 and 6, the bile acids and their metabolites are converted to un-ionized soluble molecules that can penetrate cell membranes and enter epithelial cells.

Acid suppression, particularly when it is incomplete as in the vast majority of patients who take these medications, both over the counter and prescribed, has the effect of increasing gastric pH into the critical 3 to 6 pH range where it promotes the generation of carcinogenic molecules from the endogenous bile acids when these are present in the stomach.

so shouldn't be any direct harm to the stomach from bile acids in typical stomach pH. but can cause direct harm if stomach is more alkali >3 pH. & indirectly if works to lower acidity too.

in terms of SIBO it should be a benefit by most mouse studies at least but so far for me results have been mixed,
is a risk to stomach pH u could try betain HCL with it

Back in the day they used to use it in sword wounds to help healing / prevent infections

jmparret

I just cured my SIBO with enteric coated peppermint oil. Only took a few days but fixing my low stomach acid is taking longer. I take Bentaine HCL, Potassium Citrate and salt, along with apple cider vinegar.

Thank you for this information, I may have to adjust my Tudca dosage.

Joe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals