I Have Tried It All: T4, T3-only, T3/T4-combo, NDT. Here I Share What I Learned

What drug are you using to replace thyroid?

• T3

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • T4

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • T3+T4 (synthetic)

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • NDT

Votes: 31 26.5%

• Total voters

StrongMom

Both divided in 3 doses. Cynoplus.
This is an old post but I would like to ask... Divided in 3 doses means you take 20mcg T3 at once. Is that right? I suppose it is with meals. Didn't you get any negative effects? Some must be converted to rT3. I apologize this might have been answered in another post...

This is an old post but I would like to ask... Divided in 3 doses means you take 20mcg T3 at once. Is that right? I suppose it is with meals. Didn't you get any negative effects? Some must be converted to rT3. I apologize this might have been answered in another post...

No I didn't get any negative effects. rT3 comes from T4. There are other mechanisms that can prevent too much T3 from working, but those do not include the creation of rT3.

I like Dr Peat's ideas of taking a nibble of T3 during the day every hour or so and that's what I do. I would say 5 mcg or so, every hour or so.

I usually use Cynoplus though, which is T4 and T3 in a 4:1 ratio. I also use Tiromel sometimes, which is pure T3 in addition to the Cynoplus.

StrongMom

No I didn't get any negative effects. rT3 comes from T4. There are other mechanisms that can prevent too much T3 from working, but those do not include the creation of rT3.

I like Dr Peat's ideas of taking a nibble of T3 during the day every hour or so and that's what I do. I would say 5 mcg or so, every hour or so.

I usually use Cynoplus though, which is T4 and T3 in a 4:1 ratio. I also use Tiromel sometimes, which is pure T3 in addition to the Cynoplus.
Thank you! That's very helpful. I gave up many times in the past as I was making only a little progress with small amounts of T3/T4 and was scared to bump up a lot. Yours are very encouraging. I am starting from the beginning once again.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

I apologize for the website having been offline for almost a year. Some of you have asked me to put it back up.
Website is back up and running.

I share my articles about hormone replacement, supplements, and metabolic health here:

Link: Hormetheus.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals