Indicators Of T3 Vs T3/T4 Supplementation Combinations

Tarmander

Why do you like to include that bit of NDT in the morning as opposed to just soley using tyromix?
I used to be on all NDT, then I slowly added in tyromix and lessened the NDT...not sure why I am here but it feels right.

cyclops

I used to be on all NDT, then I slowly added in tyromix and lessened the NDT...not sure why I am here but it feels right.

Cool. Maybe you feel like you get a slightly different effect from the NDT then from the tyromix.

Tarmander

Cool. Maybe you feel like you get a slightly different effect from the NDT then from the tyromix.
oh definitely. When I first started doing tyromix it was really intense...kind of too much. So it was a grandual increase...if I drop the NDT and go with just tyromix, it is even more T3

Fletcher

I do better (at the moment) on a T4/T3 mix than on T3 alone. I've read T4 can help bring down TSH so that may be the reason why. My TSH is now below 0.9 (began at 2.5 or so).

OP
L

Luckytype

I do better (at the moment) on a T4/T3 mix than on T3 alone. I've read T4 can help bring down TSH so that may be the reason why. My TSH is now below 0.9 (began at 2.5 or so).
@Fletcher what stuff have you tried prior to this current mix youre on?

Fletcher

I tried NDT only, then T3 only, T3 + NDT, and now Tyromix (day) + NDT (night).

cyclops

If someone was NOT getting any temperature increase or effect from t3 only (doses of 4-8mgs in Tyronene), but gets great effects and increase in temp from a t4/t3 combo (dose of 6mg/3m as in 1 drop of Tyromix) can this usually reliably tell us something specific about them?

benaoao

This should actually be a sticky for all the wannabe thyroid doctors “because doctors are all quacks and endos are terrible nowadays”.

A scientific review of the topic wouldn’t hurt - anyone willing to take thyroid drugs should print both and read them a number of times and bring them to their favorite endo.

https://www.nahypothyroidism.org/wp...-Its-Impact-on-TSH-and-Metabolic-Activity.pdf

@cyclops what you’re describing is the typical negative feedback seen in t3 (ab)users. The combo was in your case and at that specific time period, the most adapted strategy - which obviously felt right.

Getting married to a drug therapy, a supplementation/lifting/eating routine, are common mistakes. Something that was fine 2 months ago might totally crush the same person now. Something that was absurd 2 months ago might be the most adapted now. There’s a constant need for rethinking, reassessing, being objective, leaving the ego on the side.