I Can Feel My Heart Beating And My Pulse When I'm Sat Still - Is This Normal And What Could It Mean?

Tenacity

Sometimes, yeah. Sometimes it pounds when I stand up.
A little increase is normal, below 15 beats. Higher than that and you may have POTS. Either way, I think a pounding heart indicates some sympathetic hyperactivity.

Mauritio

I might be due to elevated adrenaline. Do you suffer from anxiety, insomnia or other adrenaline related symptoms?

OP
T
I might be due to elevated adrenaline. Do you suffer from anxiety, insomnia or other adrenaline related symptoms?

Yes, still get anxiety and cold hands and feet sometimes, even when I've been eating well etc. and should otherwise be warm.

EXCarni Lady

Sounds like hyperadrenaline to me,I had this issue from 1996 until the year 2000 when I was on raw primal diet. I can't believe I lived for years like this, I had extreme insomnia, heart beat, rapid pulse, when I tried to sleep and not very successfully, I went into my closet, I became afraid of the cold, the dark, I would go running at night or road cycling to try and burn off all the (high crotisol/adrenaline)I had. Then one day it dawned on me what was going on, I went to see a classical homeopath and from that day on, I changed my diet (marginally better to a cooked paleo one) I gained weight (I was so thin). I am unsure how I survived those years, I could not sit still and used to rock back and forth.

SB4

I have had this for years and still have it. Check out POTS as this seems to be the case for me. How to get rid of it is much more difficult it seems. Though things can manage it.

Mauritio

Yes, still get anxiety and cold hands and feet sometimes, even when I've been eating well etc. and should otherwise be warm.
Yep I kind of have the same . Especially after food . I found an adrenaline blocker propranolol completely takes away the symptoms ,even what I thought of as endotoxin symptoms like flushed face after food. I don't think they're good taken long term though.
That's why I ordered clonidine ,it seems to be a more friendly adrenaline blocker...

Mauritio

Sounds like hyperadrenaline to me,I had this issue from 1996 until the year 2000 when I was on raw primal diet. I can't believe I lived for years like this, I had extreme insomnia, heart beat, rapid pulse, when I tried to sleep and not very successfully, I went into my closet, I became afraid of the cold, the dark, I would go running at night or road cycling to try and burn off all the (high crotisol/adrenaline)I had. Then one day it dawned on me what was going on, I went to see a classical homeopath and from that day on, I changed my diet (marginally better to a cooked paleo one) I gained weight (I was so thin). I am unsure how I survived those years, I could not sit still and used to rock back and forth.
So how did you get rid of it?

Ashoka

How do you feel otherwise? I've had this, and similar to @EXCarni Lady, in my case it was probably due to really high levels of adrenaline, being chronically unwell, and deeply anxious, stressed (and thin). But that is an extreme state. Or it could be POTS or something else.

Mauritio

maillol

Are you taking high amounts of B vitamins? That causes a noticeable heartbeat for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals