How to take cyproheptadine for weight gain?

Peater503

I got a box of 30 pills, 4mg each pill. Not sure how to take them most optimally for weight gain. Am taking 5 per day currently, one every 90 minutes. Seeing slight results already, makes me want to increase the dose to 6 or 7, but I don't wanna overdo it.

(If you know any other weight gain/appetite stimulant supplements, please do comment them, I'm willing to try anything)

wzuo

20mg daily? that's huge dose. I'm taking only 1mg twice a day and it allowed me to gain weight from ~75kg to 90kg

OP
P

Peater503

20mg daily? that's huge dose. I'm taking only 1mg twice a day and it allowed me to gain weight from ~75kg to 90kg
Wow, nice.

So 20mg daily is a lot? I just read the instructions that came with package and it says take 1-3 pills per day, max 5, so I just went straight for 5.

No crazy appetite stimulation, only very slightly, and also very slight weight increase (since one week of use) which I'm very happy with already since I'm not losing weight.

OP
P

Peater503

I‘d sleep 24 hours a day if I took that dose
After going off that dose I now sleep 12 hours a night lol, waking up rested as hell though

Good lesson for me to research what Peaters say about dosage in the future instead of looking at the dosing instructions that come with the package lol. Will be getting back on it with 1mg a day soon (I cannot be bothered to cut each 4mg pill into 8 pieces to get the 0.5 mg pieces 😂). Most likely won't be seeing any weight gain since 20mg didn't even do that much of a difference, but hey at least I sleep better.

wzuo

It takes some time to gain a weight on Cypro. It's not instant. It works by stimulating appetite but it's not a huge difference in appetite. So even if you'll get 500 kcal more every day it will take some time to gain weight.
I split periactine into 4 pieces and taking piece in the morning and before sleep. Before it I was unable to sleep whole night without waking up despite trying many other methods. It's great to feel rested after sleep.
Imagine being allergic and trying to solve that with recommended dose of cypro. You'll never wake up properly

OP
P

Peater503

It takes some time to gain a weight on Cypro. It's not instant. It works by stimulating appetite but it's not a huge difference in appetite. So even if you'll get 500 kcal more every day it will take some time to gain weight.
I split periactine into 4 pieces and taking piece in the morning and before sleep. Before it I was unable to sleep whole night without waking up despite trying many other methods. It's great to feel rested after sleep.
Imagine being allergic and trying to solve that with recommended dose of cypro. You'll never wake up properly
Yeah. I wonder though why it doesn't have such a sedating effect on me. Sure, I felt ever so slightly more drowsy but at 20mg daily for a week I thought I would be struggling to keep my eyes open, given that most people say they feel that effect after just 2-4mg.

Yeah. I wonder though why it doesn't have such a sedating effect on me. Sure, I felt ever so slightly more drowsy but at 20mg daily for a week I thought I would be struggling to keep my eyes open, given that most people say they feel that effect after just 2-4mg.
I don’t feel any sleepier on 6 mg. either. I was wondering what is the best location to apply it? I have used the crook of elbow and veins of wrist & hands.

OP
P

Peater503

I don’t feel any sleepier on 6 mg. either. I was wondering what is the best location to apply it? I have used the crook of elbow and veins of wrist & hands.
Oh, there is a topical version too? Honestly no idea what the best location would be to apply it 🤔

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals