how to separate fat from milk?

pro marker

the only good quality milk i can get in the store is a full fat low pasteurized non homogenized milk. i am terribly intolerant to pasteurized milk, though its gotten a lot better after I started drinking low pasteurized milk. i usually let it sit outside for a day and then scoop off the fat that rises to the top. but still id like it to be even lower in fat. is there any way to remove more of the fat without heating the milk?? god I just want raw milk its impossible to get.

dukesbobby777

You can buy those milk fat remover/separator machines. I almost bought one a couple of years back.

boris

Yeah, there are some affordable cream separators available now.

If that is too expensive there are more economical methods.
You could enhance the "skimming from the top" method with a turkey baster.

Or you could pour your milk into one of those glass jars with a tap at the bottom.

Bingo

Does your milk come in plastic gallon jugs? I take the fat off milk all the time. Organize you jars or pitchers. Loosen the cap so you can take it off with one hand later. Use a very narrow knife to pierce a hole at the base of the jug about 1/2" up and right above the reinforced bottom of the jug. Twist the knife and remove it. The milk come out in a stream, which you aim into your jars. When you come to the cream line just up end the jug to put the cream in your cream jar. A deep sink makes this easier, but not essential. You get better at it with a bit of practice. The first time or two I made quote a mess.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ecstatichamster I'm Trying Separate Meals - Carbs Or Fat Not Both Diet 335
L Is Reconstitued Frozen OJ Concentrate Supposed To Separate? Fruit Juice 4
japanesedude How Long Should We Separate Supplements From ActivatedCharcoal? Activated Charcoal 10
L Lower Belly Fat, Oily Skin & Hair Loss... Female Issues 1
Jam Applying Peat Principles To Low-Carb High-Saturated Fat: Incredible Results Discussing Dietary Models 20
U Can sucrose make you fat? Sugar, Honey 11
E More Saturated fat seems to have cured my adhd + reduced my facial bloating. Diet 36
Mito Causal effects of relative fat, protein, and carbohydrate intake on chronic kidney disease Articles & Scientific Studies 8
M Low carb high fat (pre T3) VS high carb low fat (taking 3 drops of tyronene upon waking) Logs 7
Jam Mortality From Coronavirus Disease 2019 Increases With Unsaturated Fat and May Be Reduced by Early Calcium and Albumin Supplementation Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
Frankdee20 Low Fat versus Low Carb for Weight Loss ? Diet 49
ddjd why does saturated fat + carbs make me fat?? Ask For Help or Advice 53
Herbie Saturated fat protects alcoholics, so why not drink more? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 14
Q Antibiotics to improve digestion and fat absorption (c diff without toxins) Digestion 0
J High Saturated Fat/Cholesterol Causes Clogged Pores/Sebaceous Filaments Skin 7
Highserotonin90 Fat Loss And FAO Inibhitors Ask For Help or Advice 2
Hgreen56 Salt, Sugar, And Dietary Fat Trigger Opioids In The Brain Which Can Contribute To Overeating Diet 4
U What's Worse High Fat No Starch Or Low Fat Higher Starch? Diet 14
J Fat And "LOW" Estrogen/low Libido After Andro/pansterone/VitE Ask For Help or Advice 28
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 28
J The Low-Fat Era - A Big Fat Lie? Diet 5
Hgreen56 When Dietary Fat Intake Falls Below 10% Of Total Daily Calories, You’ll Still Gain Fat Diet 45
TheSir Saturated Fat Causes Heart Disease. If You Are Hypothyroid Fats 24
E Does Coffee Make You Fat And Anxious? Miscellaneous 12
Sscobalt High Carb Moderate Protein Low Fat? Diet 37
Lokzo 5-Amino-1MQ Increases Energy, Fat Loss & Strength Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
J How Much Dietary Fat Do You Actually Need For Hormones? Thyroid and Hormones 18
Yggr Body Fat Distribution Metabolism 4
J How Nutritious Is Animal FAT Really? Diet 9
A Visceral Fat Due To Impaired Metabolism/Fatty Liver Digestion 0
U High Fat Quality Goat Milk Or Low Fat Store Milk? Diet 9
Harryedgar Fat Loss, PUFA, Estrogen Detox And Increased Metabolism Weight 0
U Does Anybody Else Experience Significant Mood Changes On High (er) Fat Diet? Diet 27
Hgreen56 Eat No More That 1 Tsp Fat With A Meal To Prevent Inhibition Of The Oxidative Burning Of Sugar? Fats 1
Hans Fat Up The Health Benefits With Dairy Fat Articles & Scientific Studies 23
N Anti-Peat Saturated Fat TERRIBLE For Liver Health & Diabetes. Compared To PUFA Debate - Anti-Peat 140
md_a Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat - Iodine, Spider Veins, Oxalates, Fat Loss 2020-07-31 Jodellefit 0
Energizer Ray Peat Interview Get Fit With Jodelle - Iodine, Spider Veins, Oxalates, Fat Loss (July 31) Interviews 26
Harryedgar This Seems Weird! - Tryptophan Apparently Increases Fat Loss? Amino Acids 7
M Ray Peat Is Fine With Up To 30% Of Calories From Saturated Fat Macros & Micros 47
J Taking Fat Soluble Vitamins Supplements On The Same Days In The Week Or Separating Them Apart? Vitamins 2
meatbag High-protein Diet Reduces Hepatic Fat Than Low-protein Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Twohandsondeck Is The Fat Content Of Grain-fed Milk More Estrogen Than Grass-fed? Milk 0
Hgreen56 Rinsing Beef Reduced Fat Content But With Extra Oil Helps "suck" The Extra Fat Out Of The Beef? Diet 0
lvysaur Thymus Function: Higher In The Young/fat/female/Asian Scientific Studies 9
ScurveDream K2 Blend Won't Dissolve Properly In Fat Ask For Help or Advice 6
Cecilia L. Fat Loss - CorTinon 8:1 Weight 12
shine Question Regarding Fatty Acid Profile Of Low Fat Milk Milk 7
Jam MORTALITY FROM COVID-19 INCREASES WITH UNSATURATED FAT Scientific Studies 13
A Better Digestion On High Fat. Why? Digestion, Gut Flora 6