Dean

I've never tried the Bob's Red Mill dry milk. I've been using a generic dry milk that does have added vitamins without issue, so far. I've been using 2 cups a day for a few weeks now. Organic Valley non fat dry milk is another one that doesn't have added vitamins, yet it doesn't agree with me for some reason. I've been unable to find a skim or low-fat "fresh" milk at any store that doesn't have added vitamins. I always thought it was mandated. The fact that they don't have to do it, yet all do, is infuriating.

OP
S

sm1693

Dean said:
I always thought it was mandated. The fact that they don't have to do it, yet all do, is infuriating.

Yes sir, I totally agree with you. However, the tide is turning. Here in Austin, the most natural milks are constantly replenished and then immediately sold out. Industry eventually will follow the money and catch on. The vitamin-adding process costs milk producers a lot of money, so once it has caught on that people prefer to not have this, it will only be a relief to those companies to save some coin on it.

Dean said:
I've been using a generic dry milk that does have added vitamins without issue, so far.

This is a very useful factoid and probably means that they add the vitamins after the milk has been dried and so they can use dry powder vitamins without the need for emulsifiers. Sweet.

pepsi

I wonder if this had anything to do with my constipation from milk. I was drinking 2% milk from a regular grocery store for months and I had the worst constipation. I had to take cascara on my days off from work. Then I read a post about a fat free experiment and I thought I would try it so I started drinking fat free milk instead. Wow, no more constipation, on the first day I noticed it, and I am regular everyday now.

I cant figure out what the difference is, but maybe it has to do with the emulsifiers in the milk. The milk is the same brand. I wonder if this fat free milk has more or less emulsifiers than the 2%.

Anyway, if the emulsifiers are that bad, I dont think Peat would be recommending so much milk. We should ask him or there might be something in the email section. I remember one time somebody asked him if bad OJ is better than none, and he said yes bad OJ(with pulp and from concentrate) will be more beneficial than drinking none at all.

Dean

Peat doesn't warn people completely off vitamin added milk, other than to say that many people are bothered by the emulsifiers. He pretty much says to drink whatever milk you can tolerate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom