Bacteria in Raw Milk

Pistachio

it does destroy enzymes but also cooks, denatures some of the protein which should make it more digestible, similar to cooked vs raw meat? also i thought theres no such thing as good bacteria, even good ones are actually bad, you should have a sterile gut?
I don't think cow's milk was ever designed to be pasteurized. Pasteurization is based on Louis Pasteur, a plagiarist and proponent of the bunk germ theory. Germ theory is what is propping up this fraudulent Covid narrative as well as the justification for pasteurization of milk. You see how it's all related?

Dr. B

I don't drink nut milk and i'd have to be honest i need to check the entire process chain for that type of product to know /decide wether it is "good" or not. But as TheBeard said theres usually ***t added to all the pufa nut milks. Something that i'd like to try tho is coconut milk and adding sugar or something else because the taste on its own is hard to get used to. They always combine it with additives and rice milk. Most brands do ...

Pasteurization from my experience is not as bad as advertised, tho i refuse to buy ultra heated milk. Taste usually tells me which milk is good for me and it also differentiates not just by processing but also brand.

I drank raw milk fresh from a farmer once and i'd have to agree ... it was amazing ... only a wierd feeling in my head afterwards concerned me. I didn't get the chance to drink something that good again to test if it is realy problematic or not.

Makes me wonder ... if there is a "traditional" way to "process" the milk to make it more nutritious/digestable like it is the case with nixtamalization, sourdough etc....
But perhaps drinking it raw is the traditional method (duh) ...
most raw milks I have tried have tasted great, from jersey cows and no symptoms. there was one i tried that gave odd estrogenic symptoms similar to what I got when using dhea/keto dhea! things like itchy scalp, seemingly even hair loss with repeated usage and itchy nipples!
but i think grass fed is extremely important, many farms will only grass feed them half the year. grass fed term legally only means its a 30% grass fed minimum... if it says 100% grass fed thats much better... many raw milk farms arent certified organic..

Ben.

most raw milks I have tried have tasted great, from jersey cows and no symptoms. there was one i tried that gave odd estrogenic symptoms similar to what I got when using dhea/keto dhea! things like itchy scalp, seemingly even hair loss with repeated usage and itchy nipples!
but i think grass fed is extremely important, many farms will only grass feed them half the year. grass fed term legally only means its a 30% grass fed minimum... if it says 100% grass fed thats much better... many raw milk farms arent certified organic..

If i'd find a farmer or a brand that sells milk from cows fed as naturally and species appropiate as possible (meaning mimicking the most natural and ideal food it would eat/find in the wild) while being able to guarantee and prooves that theres no pesticides, vaccines, antibiotics etc. in these animals or their food and sells the milk either fresh or pasteurized (without microfiltration etc.), then they would look at a life long customer. If that would be the case i coudln't care less about a organic seal.

Where i live the general milk quality is very good, but they still use "Kraftfutter" and alot of corn/soy and stuff like that, even if its organic, that just means that while it is still better than the non organic, in both cases the animals got soy. With the organic brand its just that the soy is "organic" too ... yaayyyyy ... i mean ... ugghhh...

Ofcourse the cows should be able to go out and graze most/all of the day, have a stressfree life with lots of sunshine and a good herd/social life. But i know from a financial standpoint this is not possible for the majority of the farmers... not their fault tho, its the flawed system humanity build over the last hundreds of years.

Dr. B

If i'd find a farmer or a brand that sells milk from cows fed as naturally and species appropiate as possible (meaning mimicking the most natural and ideal food it would eat/find in the wild) while being able to guarantee and prooves that theres no pesticides, vaccines, antibiotics etc. in these animals or their food and sells the milk either fresh or pasteurized (without microfiltration etc.), then they would look at a life long customer. If that would be the case i coudln't care less about a organic seal.

Where i live the general milk quality is very good, but they still use "Kraftfutter" and alot of corn/soy and stuff like that, even if its organic, that just means that while it is still better than the non organic, in both cases the animals got soy. With the organic brand its just that the soy is "organic" too ... yaayyyyy ... i mean ... ugghhh...

Ofcourse the cows should be able to go out and graze most/all of the day, have a stressfree life with lots of sunshine and a good herd/social life. But i know from a financial standpoint this is not possible for the majority of the farmers... not their fault tho, its the flawed system humanity build over the last hundreds of years.

Can usda organic cows be given vaccines?
they claim pesticide, antibiotic and hormone free. but no comment on vaccines.
shouldnt 100% grass fed mean the cows are free of soy, corn,etc?
i currentl use family farmstead brand milk. its at most whole foods and other organic stores on the east coast. its "low temp pasteurized", 100% A2, 100% grass fed, non homogenized whole milk. think its from jersey cows. tastes excellent, has a slight golden color to it instead of the milky white the holstein milk has.

the raw milk farms have you sign a contract. they can claim organic, grass fed, a2, hormone free etc but it seems there isnt as much enforcement for their product compared to a milk sold in grocery stores, which is certified organic etc

why are farmers not able to let the cows graze most the day from a financial standpoint?

Philomath

I really want to stick with raw milk due to increased nutritional profile/non denatured protein but I believe the bacteria present is too much for me. I get all the symptoms of bacterial overgrowth when I drink beyond a glass per day.... Hairy feeling tongue, bloat, constipation, nausea. I did remove some cream to make it around 2% fat. I don't get this feeling with pasteurized 2% Alexandre milk from Whole Foods but I don't love the idea of ultra pasteurized.

Any ideas on how to sterilize without pasteurizing? Couple drops of iodine? Drop of food grade H202?
I was thinking about how Wasabi was intentionally paired with Sushi to kill the bacteria found in raw fish. Could bactericidal terpines like Carveol, citronellol and geraniol be “paired” with raw milk...how about a drop of methylene blue or supplementing with monolaurin?

boris

it does destroy enzymes but also cooks, denatures some of the protein which should make it more digestible, similar to cooked vs raw meat? also i thought theres no such thing as good bacteria, even good ones are actually bad, you should have a sterile gut?

There is a lot of misinformation spreading on the forum about the sterile gut where people take Peats words out of context. A healthy person will have bacteria in the large intestine but a sterile small intestine. Hypothyroidism and stress give bacteria the chance to invade the small intestine. Peat never said the whole gut has to be sterile. He mentionend that lab animals with completely sterile guts were very healthy, but when a single even beneficial bacteria was introduced, it would wreck havoc. So in a real life situation there is a balance of different bacteria needed. Most probiotics have pretty harmful bacteria, but there are actually some that Peat recommended.

Dr. B

There is a lot of misinformation spreading on the forum about the sterile gut where people take Peats words out of context. A healthy person will have bacteria in the large intestine but a sterile small intestine. Hypothyroidism and stress give bacteria the chance to invade the small intestine. Peat never said the whole gut has to be sterile. He mentionend that lab animals with completely sterile guts were very healthy, but when a single even beneficial bacteria was introduced, it would wreck havoc. So in a real life situation there is a balance of different bacteria needed. Most probiotics have pretty harmful bacteria, but there are actually some that Peat recommended.
do you mean probiotics in supplements?
what about raw milk, and greek yogurt. how are the probiotics in yogurt.

OP
A

Awellness

Can usda organic cows be given vaccines?
they claim pesticide, antibiotic and hormone free. but no comment on vaccines.
shouldnt 100% grass fed mean the cows are free of soy, corn,etc?
i currentl use family farmstead brand milk. its at most whole foods and other organic stores on the east coast. its "low temp pasteurized", 100% A2, 100% grass fed, non homogenized whole milk. think its from jersey cows. tastes excellent, has a slight golden color to it instead of the milky white the holstein milk has.

the raw milk farms have you sign a contract. they can claim organic, grass fed, a2, hormone free etc but it seems there isnt as much enforcement for their product compared to a milk sold in grocery stores, which is certified organic etc

why are farmers not able to let the cows graze most the day from a financial standpoint?
You're lucky. I'm in the Midwest and the whole foods here doesn't carry that brand but that would check all the boxes for me in term of low temp pasteurized, 100% A2, 100% grass fed, non homogenized.

OP
A

Awellness

I was thinking about how Wasabi was intentionally paired with Sushi to kill the bacteria found in raw fish. Could bactericidal terpines like Carveol, citronellol and geraniol be “paired” with raw milk...how about a drop of methylene blue or supplementing with monolaurin?
Yes, those are some great thoughts and ideas. Methylene Blue could really make it look interesting :):

Dr. B

You're lucky. I'm in the Midwest and the whole foods here doesn't carry that brand but that would check all the boxes for me in term of low temp pasteurized, 100% A2, 100% grass fed, non homogenized.
yep, its usda certified organic costs 6 bucks for a half gallon... this is at retail stores so with raw milk i think they are making a killing theres many raw milk farms selling raw cows milk for $6 even $6.50 a half gallon and they dont have certified organic, and its the farm selling direct to consumer so that's much more

boris

do you mean probiotics in supplements?
what about raw milk, and greek yogurt. how are the probiotics in yogurt.

Yeah it was some probiotcs that can be found in supplement form, I don't remember which ones. The most common ones are the bad ones though. The probiotics in yoghurt are anti inflammatory, even if they get killed in the stomach acid. But the yoghurt has to be a properly strained one and can't be tart, the lactic acid is harmful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals