Pasteurized milk, and questions surrounding PUFA

dukez07

When milk is pasteurized, it is heated to 60-70 degrees, celcius.

If PUFA is dangerous to us in its raw form, does it become more dangerous if it has become heated?

So, the milk is about 70 degrees, celcius. Meat might be anything up to 200 degrees, celcius.

If PUFA is just bad anyway, whats the difference between me eating PUFA from an avocado, or from fried sunflower oil?

What does this mean for milk? One quart of whole milk will have a few grams of PUFA, much of it heated to 70 degrees, celcius. Is that healthy? Yes I am aware that saturated fat is protective to some extent. But what if that PUFA has been 'damaged' further by the pasteurization process?

pboy

fats oxidize when exposed to air, heat just breaks down the structure of the food so air gets into it easier and causes the fat to oxidize. So an avocado is probably nearly completely non oxidized. Milk if handled well should be mostly non oxidized. It really takes dry heat like baking raosting or burning, or a good week or more with some exposure to air after being heated, or if in direct air and sunlight it can be a matter of minutes before it starts oxidizing. All depends...but as far as regular pasteurized milk, its pretty safe to say nearly all the fat is still in tact. You can develop a sense of smell...when things start smelling too raunchy, or cowy...I don't know the word lol, but at that point the fat has probably started oxidizing