How to reverse a bad day of eating

Rafe

Just move on. Peating, whatever that is in your life, makes you more resilient.

I once had a persistent craving for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches after about 5 years of eating peaty. I couldn’t stop thinking about pb&j. It was January & I finally just ate all the peanut butter & jelly sandwiches I wanted. It lasted for about 3 mos. Then it was over.

I went back to mostly milk & oj, eggs & cheese, some steak & potatoes, fruit.

Theoretically, there would be lasting harm since nothing can be like it never happened. In practice, it made me feel a little worse. But I came back stronger once I moved on.

Can

Theoretically, there would be lasting harm since nothing can be like it never happened.
Why are you even telling yourself that? Do you have proof that there is any lasting harm in indulging in 'bad habits' every now and then? I don't believe in the concept of lasting harm. The human body is a miraculous thing and will recover to maximum health once you let it. I agree with the gist of your post, just don't get why you'd put that part in there.

Last edited:
Just move on. Peating, whatever that is in your life, makes you more resilient.

I once had a persistent craving for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches after about 5 years of eating peaty. I couldn’t stop thinking about pb&j. It was January & I finally just ate all the peanut butter & jelly sandwiches I wanted. It lasted for about 3 mos. Then it was over.

I went back to mostly milk & oj, eggs & cheese, some steak & potatoes, fruit.

Theoretically, there would be lasting harm since nothing can be like it never happened. In practice, it made me feel a little worse. But I came back stronger once I moved on.
I see nothing wrong with giving into one’s cravings once in awhile and I see nothing wrong with wanting it out rather than letting it create inflammation for days either. We don’t know why the poster wanted to undo it, but I know I wouldn’t wanna feel it, being bloated or sluggish for days. It isn’t necessarily fear that makes one regret eating bad, it may be a girl just wants to look good in her bikini the next day, or many other scenarios. Why anybody cares so much that someone cares so much about this is a real curiosity.

Can

Ray Peat recommends cascara for many health benefits, getting rid of toxic food is just one of them.
No doubt about it. I am not saying anything against cascara (don't even know what that is tbh). But I don't believe that things like that are necessary to recover from a one-time fast food binge. The body will clean itself with time, with or without cascara.

Last edited:
No doubt about it. I am not saying anything against cascara (don't even know what that is tbh). But I don't believe that things like that are necessary to recover from a one-time fast food binge. The body will clean itself with time with or without cascara.
You must be under 35 to say that, and your right the body might be resilient for some still at that age, but it isn’t the case for people with pain and inflammation already throughout their body, and don’t recover fast, in which case why suffer? It is good to have little tricks in one’s bag so they can get through any scenario without putting their health in a slow decline, with all the toxins we have coming at us daily, finally getting their way in ruining one’s health. Every little thing added up to getting a person into their illness, so constant mindfulness will keep one further away from illness too. I alway say it is easier to avoid than to undo bad health.

Can

We don’t know why the poster wanted to undo it, but I know I wouldn’t wanna feel it, being bloated or sluggish for days. It isn’t necessarily fear that makes one regret eating bad, it may be a girl just wants to look good in her bikini the next day, or many other scenarios.
for people with pain and inflammation already throughout their body, and don’t recover fast, in which case why suffer?
I can see where you are coming from. I understand why one would want to have ways that make one recover faster, so that one doesn't have to suffer any longer than necessary.

But the symptoms can also be like a learning pressure. If one eats something that makes them feel horrible, accepting and letting the body cleanse itself, as long and arduous as that process may feel in the moment, will provide a much stronger incentive to not repeat the behavior that lead to those symptoms, than if you can always reduce the symptoms in other ways.

Why anybody cares so much that someone cares so much about this is a real curiosity.
I don't mind that people are sharing ways to deal with symptoms through supplements or other means, but similarly there is a place for just affirming the capacity of the human body to handle such occasions without supplements too. It's fine that this thread contains both lines of thought, as far as I am concerned!

Last edited:

BlackMolasses

You must be under 35 to say that, and your right the body might be resilient for some still at that age, but it isn’t the case for people with pain and inflammation already throughout their body, and don’t recover fast, in which case why suffer? It is good to have little tricks in one’s bag so they can get through any scenario without putting their health in a slow decline, with all the toxins we have coming at us daily, finally getting their way in ruining one’s health. Every little thing added up to getting a person into their illness, so constant mindfulness will keep one further away from illness too. I alway say it is easier to avoid than to undo bad health.
You seem to suffer from orthorexia

MOM is also the absolute best deodorant, hands down. My entire family uses it and will never again use anything else.
Yayyyy! Like I said every little trick adds up to some good health. I have been using Milk of Magnesia for a couple of years now as a deodorant, and have recommend it throughout the forum, probably because I have orthorexia, but nevertheless I am happy to hear your family has gotten away from so many toxins in deodorant.

BlackMolasses

Well whatever I must be suffering from makes me feel great!
Depends on what you mean when you say "eating badly, junk food"

If you're thinking greasy burgers or pizzas, you're probably right.
But if you don't feel good after a peanut butter sandwich like he says, or even for example a Mexican meal with beans and/or a little canola oil, avocados and other not peaty things, then you have an orthorexia problem.

And if you are honest and the discomfort is not psychosomatic then you are not in good health. A healthy diet and good health is supposed to allow you to eat anything decent and have no problems.

ps: I'm not saying that to be mean, on the contrary because you seem like a great person. And you know, people are too tormented these days.

Depends on what you mean when you say "eating badly, junk food"

If you're thinking greasy burgers or pizzas, you're probably right.
But if you don't feel good after a peanut butter sandwich like he says, or even for example a Mexican meal with beans and/or a little canola oil, avocados and other not peaty things, then you have an orthorexia problem.

And if you are honest and the discomfort is not psychosomatic then you are not in good health. A healthy diet and good health is supposed to allow you to eat anything decent and have no problems.

ps: I'm not saying that to be mean, on the contrary because you seem like a great person. And you know, people are too tormented these days.
I don’t feel bad eating anything really, maybe if I ate the beans and rice going out to Mexican food I might, but I stick to the entree ordering aka cart instead at a Mexican restaurants. Making one’s diet a priority does not creat orthorexia, it is the fear of food and too many avoidances that create the heath problems of orthorexia. What could be more important than ones health? I surely have made it my priority and have reaped the benefits from doing so because of it. I don’t do it to be thin, I eat for my skin, my hair, my teeth, my muscle tone, for energy, for sleep and for my internal health. I think if you look at my recipe threads you will see I am envious eating very well and do not not have a single health problem at 59 years old. I don’t think you are trying to be mean I just think you rushed to a judgement, putting a label on me without knowing any facts, but that is just what people commonly do, so I didn’t take it to heart. No worries you and I are fine!

Attachments

• 6828F4C6-C71C-4B55-8342-572FAF0C065C.jpeg
    6828F4C6-C71C-4B55-8342-572FAF0C065C.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 24

BlackMolasses

Cascara + Charcoal + Magnesium + Aspirin before bed and fast till 12PM the next day.
Vitamin E too if you've eaten high PUFA.
The human body is incredibly resistant to any form of inconvenience, people with good genetics even manage to live old, in decent shape, after a lifetime of consuming alcohol and cigarettes, which are literally the most powerful means to induce low-grade inflammation.
If you eat a lot of pufa oil all at once, literally nothing will happen, possibly a very slight, one-time increase in inflammation.
But concretely you will just digest and use the nutrients of your dish and nothing serious will happen, you don't need to fast or take this or that supplement, it's mental illness.
With such a mindset I'm sure you could have been vegan and gone to one of their forums advising supplements for people who had the "misfortune" of consuming too much saturated fat or something like that.

BlackMolasses

I don’t feel bad eating anything really, maybe if I ate the beans and rice going out to Mexican food I might, but I stick to the entree ordering aka cart instead at a Mexican restaurants. Making one’s diet a priority does not creat orthorexia, it is the fear of food and too many avoidances that create the heath problems of orthorexia. What could be more important than ones health? I surely have made it my priority and have reaped the benefits from doing so because of it. I don’t do it to be thin, I eat for my skin, my hair, my teeth, my muscle tone, for energy, for sleep and for my internal health. I think if you look at my recipe threads you will see I am envious eating very well and do not not have a single health problem at 59 years old. I don’t think you are trying to be mean I just think you rushed to a judgement, putting a label on me without knowing any facts, but that is just what people commonly do, so I didn’t take it to heart. No worries you and I are fine!

It was the turn of your sentence that made me think that.
But then I guess everything is fine :coke

Peatful

Quickly want to add:

Regularly taking a laxative after eating is historically what people with disordered eating or an ED do.
Would not endorse that.

Someone else in another thread is paying the price for throwing all care out the window…

Attachments

• 8A3394FF-7BCE-4763-AF9F-B7CB4DC9A0FB.png
    8A3394FF-7BCE-4763-AF9F-B7CB4DC9A0FB.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals