How to reverse a bad day of eating

What is milk of magnesia
A magnesium gentle laxative. Don’t buy anything, but the original, the flavored ones are full of nefarious ingredients.

Attachments

• B5AACE3D-38A3-47F0-AE73-B38F653C6B17.jpeg
    B5AACE3D-38A3-47F0-AE73-B38F653C6B17.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 12

Peatful

Stop viewing the food you ate as good or bad.

Thank God for it.
Enjoy it.
Move on.

Stop viewing the food you ate as good or bad.

Thank God for it.
Enjoy it.
Move on.
I disagree, I will always regret putting crap into my body, especially at my age. Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels.

Last edited:
Can't you just enjoy the food you eat without worrying too much?
Fast food?! How can a person enjoy consuming forever chemicals and toxins knowing that that is what they are eating? Ignorance is really bliss, and I am too far from that now to enjoy my Filet-O-Fish with all of that extra tartar sauce the way I use to.

joaquin

I ate popcorn several times over the last couple of weeks and it messed me up. I was using microwave, then decided to make my own and still the corn, all that starch, screwed up my intestinal lining.

I ate popcorn several times over the last couple of weeks and it messed me up. I was using microwave, then decided to make my own and still the corn, all that starch, screwed up my intestinal lining.
Well according to some you are suppose to just enjoy the experience. I say get that cascara tea brewing!

Can

Like @Peatful said, move on. If you find it made you actually feel bad, learn from your experience and don't eat it again the next time. Your body is quite capable of detoxifying itself, without the need for innumerable supplements for one-time occasions.

Can

I doubt that eating a bit too much starch in itself was what screwed your intestinal lining? There are people thriving on starch-rich diets.

Last edited:

joaquin

Well according to some you are suppose to just enjoy the experience. I say get that cascara tea brewing!
I'm going to try to stay away from the junk. When I eat whole food I have clear mind and better sleep. I will try to find some cascara tea.

I'm going to try to stay away from the junk. When I eat whole food I have clear mind and better sleep. I will try to find some cascara tea.
I have bad sleep with bad food lingering in me too. No way is anything junky worth giving up my energy, good sleep and brighter skin for.

Like @Peatful said, move on. If you find it made you actually feel bad, learn from your experience and don't eat it again the next time. Your body is quite capable of detoxifying itself, without the need for innumerable supplements for one-time occasions.
Ray Peat recommends cascara for many health benefits, getting rid of toxic food is just one of them.

Yeah that microwave popcorn is always on the worst foods of all time lists. The kernels are impossible too breakdown too. You gotta have some strong digestion to not let popcorn phase you. I have a gut of steel so I can get away with it. If you can find it, sprouted popcorn is much easier to digest. Here is the one I have bought.

Attachments

• C7AE4C64-2412-4C18-A79E-D0663DC40FD0.png
    C7AE4C64-2412-4C18-A79E-D0663DC40FD0.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
“The amounts needed seem large if niacinamide is thought of as “vitamin B3,” but it should be considered as a factor that compensates for our unphysiological exposure to inappropriate fats. Aspirin and vitamin E are other natural substances that are therapeutic in “unnaturally” large amounts because of our continual exposure to the highly unsaturated plant-derived n-3 and n-6 fats.“ -Ray Peat

Last edited:
“If the very small amounts of polyunsaturated fats reaching the fetus can retard growth and brain development (Liu and Borgman, 1977; Borgman, et al., 1975) and function, it is apparently acting on some very important biological processes. The toxic effects of PUFA seen in the animal studies probably have their equivalent in humans,…”
-Ray Peat

I wanted to let you know that when you get to making the tea don’t steep it for more that a minute, or two max. It will get really bitter and possibly too strong an action. Start with a half teaspoon. I use about a teaspoon of the bark, not powder, and I sweeten mine with organic orange marmalade.

GreekDemiGod

Cascara + Charcoal + Magnesium + Aspirin before bed and fast till 12PM the next day.
Vitamin E too if you've eaten high PUFA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals