How To Become More Than Just A Beast? What Is A Better Purpose Of Living?

Uselis

I really like UG Krishnamurti rants about this. "How" if it gets outside technical questions usually leads nowhere and it's actually dangerous because all of it stems from same source - not being satisfied.

According to him human problem is that we think we're created for some grander purpose than an ant for example.

Lots of people see him as angry depressed man but at some point during a "search" his rants becomes in a way freeing.

Frankdee20

Nihilism is the only truth in life ... we aren’t special, and life is random, the pauper outlives the king ... futility is life

GreekDemiGod

You are born in this life to fulfill your every desire, you have God power inside you. Don't listen to Buddhists, nor the atheists. You do not have to dissolve the ego.

Collden

Some people suffer from existential angst and some do not, the main determining factor seems to be mainly how you were taught to deal with emotions as a child. Emptiness/nihilism is just a feeling, accept it and you can move on to create your own purpose.

orewashin

Some people suffer from existential angst and some do not, the main determining factor seems to be mainly how you were taught to deal with emotions as a child. Emptiness/nihilism is just a feeling, accept it and you can move on to create your own purpose.
I misread it as "you can move on to create your own problems". Is existence a problem? No, it has its benefits and drawbacks. As does every other path you can take in life. It's indeed a developmental stage. A person learns that no matter what they do, it's not possible to find true happiness. It comes from promises of fulfillment cast forth by society, parents, or by themselves. If people are taught that happy endings are fictional to begin with, they would not be disappointed.

Collden

Yes, when people have exhausted all possible means of striving for happiness and think "Is this all there is?", they might realise that it is pointless to try to escape from their dissatisfaction with life, because its always going to be there no matter what you do, so you might as well embrace it.

This is exemplified in the biblical story of King Solomon in Ecclesiastes, who had done, seen and achieved everything possible under the sun, yet was still dissatisfied with his life. If it is impossible to escape the fundamentally dissatisfactory nature of existence, then why not just accept that and then take what fleeting enjoyment you can from it?

_

You notice the difference between people who have learned this lesson and people who have not.

The latter are strivers who constantly have ulterior motives with everything they do and think that if they just work hard enough and do the right things they will attain happiness.

The former are just naturally passionate about life and their vocation because they are always doing what they do because they enjoy doing it and not because they expect it will bring them ulterior rewards.

Last edited:

gately

I really like UG Krishnamurti rants about this. "How" if it gets outside technical questions usually leads nowhere and it's actually dangerous because all of it stems from same source - not being satisfied.

According to him human problem is that we think we're created for some grander purpose than an ant for example.

Lots of people see him as angry depressed man but at some point during a "search" his rants becomes in a way freeing.

I’ve been intrigued by UG Krishnamurti for a few years now. Some Dzogchen dude I know introduced me to his “work.” (Because of course Dzogchen dudes striving towards that primordial state are going to love hearing U.G. talk about permanently existing in it!)

Anyway, I relate to his “calamity” and I relate to his dissatisfaction with the search.

Have you read about his ideas on food?! He did not believe in nutrition. He claimed the body made all the things it needed and the body would tell you what it needed via craving: all we had to do to be healthy was eat what the body demanded in small amounts, just enough “thermal units” of calories. He lived almost exclusively on oatmeal, heavy cream, and some pineapple juice. (With the bulk of his calories coming from the cream.) Sometimes he had refined pasta and cheese. Very rarely some lentils. I don’t think he had a single significant health issue and lived to be 88 with great mental awareness.

I have long suspected he was right, at least under certain conditions, perhaps with body’s undamaged by antibiotics, modern toxicity, or infection. And it explains why some people can eat nothing but bananas or nothing but ribeye steaks for decades. The body is incredible at adapting, and early man, to be reasonably healthy, just needed to ensure they ate enough wholesome food, didn’t really matter much what.

“Don’t follow me, I am lost.” - UG
“Get lost and stay lost.” - also UG

Now talk about a beast!

Last edited:

lampofred

Nihilism is the only truth in life ... we aren’t special, and life is random, the pauper outlives the king ... futility is life

You are born in this life to fulfill your every desire, you have God power inside you. Don't listen to Buddhists, nor the atheists. You do not have to dissolve the ego.

3rd point of view... we were created by God to perform a specific role in God's world. Nothing is random, at the same time we have no right to have personal desires.

Frankdee20

3rd point of view... we were created by God to perform a specific role in God's world. Nothing is random, at the same time we have no right to have personal desires.

So then what happens when we die ?

TheSir

Have you read about his ideas on food?! He did not believe in nutrition. He claimed the body made all the things it needed and the body would tell you what it needed via craving: all we had to do to be healthy was eat what the body demanded in small amounts, just enough “thermal units” of calories. He lived almost exclusively on oatmeal, heavy cream, and some pineapple juice. (With the bulk of his calories coming from the cream.) Sometimes he had refined pasta and cheese. Very rarely some lentils. I don’t think he had a single significant health issue and lived to be 88 with great mental awareness.
It makes a lot of sense. I have been following this kind of eating for a couple of years now and I am in better health than I was when I was following any structured diet plan. The best part is that there is no need to plan meals, you just ask your body what it needs. That being said, at first it required some effort to be able to distinguish between improper and proper craving. The craving for say potato chips is subtly different than the craving for fruits, cheese or liver. The former is felt more in your mind than in your stomach.

Uselis

I’ve been intrigued by UG Krishnamurti for a few years now. Some Dzogchen dude I know introduced me to his “work.” (Because of course Dzogchen dudes striving towards that primordial state are going to love hearing U.G. talk about permanently existing in it!)

Anyway, I relate to his “calamity” and I relate to his dissatisfaction with the search.

I have long suspected he was right, at least under certain conditions, perhaps with body’s undamaged by antibiotics, modern toxicity, or infection. And it explains why some people can eat nothing but bananas or nothing but ribeye steaks for decades. The body is incredible at adapting, and early man, to be reasonably healthy, just needed to ensure they ate enough wholesome food, didn’t really matter much what.

“Don’t follow me, I am lost.” - UG
“Get lost and stay lost.” - also UG

Now talk about a beast!

I still don't know what to make of his story about physical changes after calamity. Supposedly that is true. According to him then a tremendous amount of energetical resources are used by "I" to maintain it's continuity. All it's "wants", "don't wants", all perpetual friction in our heads draws energy that normally suppose to go renewing body. Since he's functioning without narrator in his head (again that's according to him) as a result his sleeping and eating patterns are much different than a regular person in a sense that he needs way less of both. Lol there was some person mentioning that when he used to say that body is able to survive on sawdust and mud for long period of times people would start challenge him with these scientific talks on vitamins/minerals until one lady in crowd stood up and said that is very close to what she ate for a long time. Appearantly she lived during Leningrad blockade where city was cut by nazis from all essential supplies.

During Kundalini acsesion he used to roam streets of Paris every day eating only new type of cheese. And when he started to have severe headaches he averaged about 15 cups of coffee and bunch of aspirin. Pretty Peaty if you ask me lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals