How Could Aloe Vera Gel Be Good For Hair/Scalp?

DMF

The stuff is so gummy it would seem like it'd clog the scalp pores and be bad for hair/scalp health,
but it's touted as being good. Why?

Sphagnum

The stuff is so gummy it would seem like it'd clog the scalp pores and be bad for hair/scalp health,
but it's touted as being good. Why?
Is the question how can it be good, or are you more concerned with how can it not be bad?

As far as your concern about clogging scalp pores, aloe Vera is water soluble. This is in contrast to oil-soluble lotions or conditioning agents found in bottles. The natural build up and clogging we get on our face and scalp is from our sebum being oil/wax as well. Anything fat based (oils, waxes, etc) will generally need an emulsifier (like soap) to break it down and allow it to wash from our skin. Aloe Vera will just wash right out with water because it is water based already.

*note- I’m speaking strictly on pure aloe vera gel

Aloe vera does not clog pores, but the commercial gel has other things to preserve it. I have a lot of aloe vera plant and it does not last without preservatives. They put guar gum too (IDK how bad it is to the skin). Oh, aloe juice is estrogenic, but I do not think that topical has any relevant effect.

OP
D

DMF

I use it straight from the "leaf" - cut a wedge and 'bleed' it while in the sun/after I get out of the water from swimming.

Ben.

why not use aloe vera juice? Expensive imo but my scalp and hair feels always good after it .... not sure why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals