Aloe-Emodin In Aloe Vera

yerrag

Ray mentions cascara as a very useful adaptogen and I've actually used cascara on @tara's recommendation, and it really helped with alleviating conditions of constipation. But that isn't the only thing it can do.

Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse. :

Emodin and the anthraquinones (and naphthoquinones, such as lapachone) weren’t the reagents that Koch considered the most powerful, but emodin can produce to some degree all of the effects that he believed could be achieved by correcting the cellular respiratory apparatus: Antiinflammatory, antifibrotic (Wang, et al., 2007) antiviral, antidepressant, heart protective, antioxidant, memory enhancing, anticancer, anxiolytic and possibly antipsychotic.

For all these uses, emodin is something I find to provide good support for general wellness. It is found in both cascara and aloe extract. Usually cascara is mentioned when it comes to emodin. However, cascara use easily leads to diarrhea when one gets a little too liberal in using it.

For a while now, I've been wondering what exactly aloe is. I now realize that indeed, it is the extract from aloe vera. I've used the juice of aloe vera before, and that lead me to buying the plant and for a while now, it's been growing like gangbusters but I have only used it for an occasional drink and as a pomade for my thinning crop of hair. But now I'm ready to expand its use as a Peaty adaptogenic substance.

Does anybody now how much aloe is in the gel of the aloe vera plant? I could easily squeeze the gel out of the aloe vera plant and incorporate it in a fruit blend, but how much should I use to get, say, the equivalent of a capsule of cascara?

I'm thinking of incorporating it into the fruit juice my mom drinks everyday. I didn't want to put too little to not make a desirable effect, nor do I want to overdo it.

Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals