I Didnt Wash My Hair For 101 Days - Remix

Luckytype

So near the end of 2017 I tried no shampoo and was completely disgusted. Read here first:
I Didn't Wash My Hair For 32 Days. Here Is What Happened(no Shampoo)

I have changed my opinion.

I did another trial of 101 DAYS of no shampoo before I had to wash it for an in person meeting I couldnt attend remotely this past week.

What a major difference compared to the first go around.

My hair was way more dry and less waxy, unnoticeable in public too. A quick brush to distribute my own oil and it was fine.

The same shampoo wash was a natural product, it foamed way easier and my hair washed and rinsed so much easier. What a huge difference. I will say my scalp was starting to get a little itchy and I had a tendency to pick at it here and there.

Some major differences compared to the original post:

-My prolactin went from probably 18-25 to an 8
- My cortisol was a normalish curve, im guessing that when all my issues started it wasnt
- I was getting sun as much as possible
- Walking daily
- I doubled my vitamin D
- I limited my weight training to 1 easy, short workout per week
- Sex 2-3 times a week but nofap otherwise
- cypro .5 to 1mg here and there
- basically full peating as a trial at this point
- 100g liver about every 6 days

To be honest, this time, Id absolutely do it again, my scalp was actually clean - and I never thought this was possible. You definitely need to shampoo in some cases. My skin quality on my scalp could be better but my thyroid health is even worse now which is why I eliminated serious weight training for the time being.

I do think that a wash like once a month can limit build up if its bad, but brushing is huge for breaking up and distributing whatever natural sebum you have being introduced

I am very surprised at the difference the addition of protective walking and the deletion of intense weight training can make.

EIRE24

So near the end of 2017 I tried no shampoo and was completely disgusted. Read here first:
I Didn't Wash My Hair For 32 Days. Here Is What Happened(no Shampoo)

I have changed my opinion.

I did another trial of 101 DAYS of no shampoo before I had to wash it for an in person meeting I couldnt attend remotely this past week.

What a major difference compared to the first go around.

My hair was way more dry and less waxy, unnoticeable in public too. A quick brush to distribute my own oil and it was fine.

The same shampoo wash was a natural product, it foamed way easier and my hair washed and rinsed so much easier. What a huge difference. I will say my scalp was starting to get a little itchy and I had a tendency to pick at it here and there.

Some major differences compared to the original post:

-My prolactin went from probably 18-25 to an 8
- My cortisol was a normalish curve, im guessing that when all my issues started it wasnt
- I was getting sun as much as possible
- Walking daily
- I doubled my vitamin D
- I limited my weight training to 1 easy, short workout per week
- Sex 2-3 times a week but nofap otherwise
- cypro .5 to 1mg here and there
- basically full peating as a trial at this point
- 100g liver about every 6 days

To be honest, this time, Id absolutely do it again, my scalp was actually clean - and I never thought this was possible. You definitely need to shampoo in some cases. My skin quality on my scalp could be better but my thyroid health is even worse now which is why I eliminated serious weight training for the time being.

I do think that a wash like once a month can limit build up if its bad, but brushing is huge for breaking up and distributing whatever natural sebum you have being introduced

I am very surprised at the difference the addition of protective walking and the deletion of intense weight training can make.
Do you think the sun and the vitamin D were the main factors at play?

OP
L

Luckytype

@Luckytype is that you in your avatar?
Yep it is

Do you think the sun and the vitamin D were the main factors at play?

You know, originally I was convinced the nastiness was from cortisol, my curve though is normal, my peak in the am is midrange, its non existant ag 1159pm..which I think is awesome, right?

My testosterone is mid range and went unchanged between the start and end of the anti-prolactin quest so i cant argue the andro side of it.

I am not sure what to start considering about the sebum production because all the other hairloss threads talk about cortisol and test...mine are normal and unchanged so I am stumped for my case

ilikecats

@Luckytype damn impressive. You can maintain that with one workout a week? Or have you lost a little mass and leaness since taking that photo? How many days a week did you workout on average to build your physique up to that? Do you think you have to continually go all out (each set or most sets to absolute failure) to get a physique like yours? a lot of people in the fitness industry seem to say that

Last edited:

vulture

I had a lot, A LOT, of dandruff and some hair falling. Used head and shoulders and it drastically improved after the first and second wash...it might be some bacteria to act that fast...

Arnold Grape

I've read a lot of your posts and if you're worried about thyroid but still not supplementing, try shining a redlight on your neck, under chin, and on your face after meals and/ or coffee. You should feel a direct uptick in heart rate and temperature, which is the thyroid being stimulated.

OP
L

Luckytype

@Luckytype damn impressive. You can maintain that with one workout a week? Or have you lost a little mass and leaness since taking that photo? How many days a week did you workout on average to build your physique up to that? Do you think you have to continually go all out (each set or most sets to absolute failure) to get a physique like yours? a lot of people in the fitness industry seem to say that
Thanks a lot. The rule for my own body seems to be that I can maintain most(maybe not the peak of performance) by doing at least a couple QUALITY sets per week for a body part. I trained because I truly loved it. The daily progress, the challenges, the ability to shut off my mind for a while. Plus it helped me at work sometimes and at home. I really love it. I was doing it 5-6 days a week but there were many times I could make progress 3 days a week. The big thing is: the set quality has to be there. It has to be of high quality and consistently. Your mind has to be connected to your body and the groups and movements you work on because this is where people waste their time. You have to be forward thinking, looking to progress either in load, total tep number(over the workout not necessarily just one set) and the quality of each set has to continue to improve. If you do that and your mechanics and mind muscle connection is there(which can take week/months/years to improve) youll progress.

Regarding failure and extended sets and all these other intensity techniques:

I am a hardgainer and my normal genetics with casual training or untrained is similar to say, a fettucini noodle. Oddly my arms are long but they completely dominate my upper body, which you cant really tell in the pic. My deltoids are very dormant so since there were easily overshadowed by my arms, they needed just an obscene amount of work and variation to establish them. Once they arrived, oddly they are easier to maintain. Im pretty sure if I had done standard volume and routine they would still be "eh"

I think absolute failure and just extreme stuff has its place but regular use of it had to be reserved for either those on gear or those with good metabolisms and good nutritional support. Neither of those situations were me earlier on. I definitely paid the price but have a good "bigger picture" because of it now. Training now is much more fruitful because my nutritional support(nutrients vs calories) is way better. Plus im probably in a better place nutritionally despite still working on my metabolism.

The biggest reason people cant get the physique they want is they waste their time in the gym. Period. They dont commit to food and they are inconsistent. Consistency in food and quality training is the absolute non negotiable must-have if people want to progress...and im talking over years, not just 6 months.

I had a lot, A LOT, of dandruff and some hair falling. Used head and shoulders and it drastically improved after the first and second wash...it might be some bacteria to act that fast...

Do you recall which one you used?
I've read a lot of your posts and if you're worried about thyroid but still not supplementing, try shining a redlight on your neck, under chin, and on your face after meals and/ or coffee. You should feel a direct uptick in heart rate and temperature, which is the thyroid being stimulated.
Its definitely part of the issue, a while back I was in fact using red light(once the sun disappeared for the season. I would use it all over and on the neck I couldnt get much out of it. I just started titrating onto t3 so that I can switch over to ndt or combo in a month or so, im hoping that helps a lot more.

Last edited:

vulture

Thanks a lot. The rule for my own body seems to be that I can maintain most(maybe not the peak of performance) by doing at least a couple QUALITY sets per week for a body part. I trained because I truly loved it. The daily progress, the challenges, the ability to shut off my mind for a while. Plus it helped me at work sometimes and at home. I really love it. I was doing it 5-6 days a week but there were many times I could make progress 3 days a week. The big thing is: the set quality has to be there. It has to be of high quality and consistently. Your mind has to be connected to your body and the groups and movements you work on because this is where people waste their time. You have to be forward thinking, looking to progress either in load, total tep number(over the workout not necessarily just one set) and the quality of each set has to continue to improve. If you do that and your mechanics and mind muscle connection is there(which can take week/months/years to improve) youll progress.

Regarding failure and extended sets and all these other intensity techniques:

I am a hardgainer and my normal genetics with casual training or untrained is similar to say, a fettucini noodle. Oddly my arms are long but they completely dominate my upper body, which you cant really tell in the pic. My deltoids are very dormant so since there were easily overshadowed by my arms, they needed just an obscene amount of work and variation to establish them. Once they arrived, oddly they are easier to maintain. Im pretty sure if I had done standard volume and routine they would still be "eh"

I think absolute failure and just extreme stuff has its place but regular use of it had to be reserved for either those on gear or those with good metabolisms and good nutritional support. Neither of those situations were me earlier on. I definitely paid the price but have a good "bigger picture" because of it now. Training now is much more fruitful because my nutritional support(nutrients vs calories) is way better. Plus im probably in a better place nutritionally despite still working on my metabolism.

The biggest reason people cant get the physique they want is they waste their time in the gym. Period. They dont commit to food and they are inconsistent. Consistency in food and quality training is the absolute non negotiable must-have if people want to progress...and im talking over years, not just 6 months.

Do you recall which one you used?

Its definitely part of the issue, a while back I was in fact using red light(once the sun disappeared for the season. I would use it all over and on the neck I couldnt get much out of it. I just started titrating onto t3 so that I can switch over to ndt or combo in a month or so, im hoping that helps a lot more.
shampoo-head-shoulders-proteccion-caida.jpg

It says something like: fall prevention

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals