Help With Delayed Ejaculation?

GAF

If you want to put the zing back in your zinger, the answer is L-histidine.

If you like loud noises, give it to your lady also.

Try it, you'll like it.

Kunstruct

If you want to put the zing back in your zinger, the answer is L-histidine.

If you like loud noises, give it to your lady also.

Try it, you'll like it.

Is this personal experience?
What dosage? For how long?
I've seen it not work on someone with DE.

schultz

Lone: Thank you for the link. It was an interesting read and I can recognise myself and my symptoms in a lot of arguments stated in the article.

schultz: Yes, it's kind of a high fat diet. I get some stomach trouble if I eat too much carbs. And no, I don't have milk intolerance but I get very bloated if I consume too much dairy.

As I've stated earlier I don't have much knowledge about diets and hormones and stuff. But the last couple of months I've tried to maximize my testosterone levels through my diet. Based on the little reserach I have done, lots of "healthy" fats and lean meats seems to be the key. I've never heard of PUFAs before, though. Maybe I could try to cut it out for some time to see how it affects me. Do you know how PUFAs affect testosterone levels?

I didn't realize you were new to Ray's ideas. I guess I sort of assume that people who post on the forum are familiar with his stuff, though I suppose that is not necessarily true (which is fine I am not criticizing you). It would be difficult to explain the problem with PUFA in a single forum post. Ray has written countless articles, some of which are on his site and several of which mention PUFA. A lot of the things that serve to destabilize our bodies interact and synergize with each other, and Ray has done a lot of work attempting to unravel and explain these connections.

If you are interested in Ray's stuff (and in my opinion if you want to be healthy) you should familiarize yourself with the key concepts Ray promotes. If you are not interested in his articles, you could start with some of the podcasts. The East/West podcasts do a pretty good job of going over Ray's main ideas in a somewhat compact manner. However the podcasts are sort of topical and you really get deep into things when you start reading a lot of his 'newsletters'.

OP
D

DE91

GAF: Interesting, thanks, I will look it up.

Lone/schultz: Yeah, I'm new. I haven't read a single one of Peat's papers/articles (yet). I found this forum randomly a couple of months ago when I was doing some research on my blood test results because I felt, and still feel, like crap even though my doctor said "everything looks fine". And since then I have read a lot of threads concerning hormonal imbalance and thyroid issues. I didn't mean to "invade" your forum like this, but it seems like there are some people here with great knowledge about the answers I'm looking for. So I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I could get some input here - and I did. Your help is much appreciated.

GAF

Is this personal experience?
What dosage? For how long?
I've seen it not work on someone with DE.

Yep. She gets really loud.

Works quickly.

Dosage depends on day of week. Sometimes more or less. A capsule a day is too much

Lone Bunman

GAF: Interesting, thanks, I will look it up.

Lone/schultz: Yeah, I'm new. I haven't read a single one of Peat's papers/articles (yet). I found this forum randomly a couple of months ago when I was doing some research on my blood test results because I felt, and still feel, like crap even though my doctor said "everything looks fine". And since then I have read a lot of threads concerning hormonal imbalance and thyroid issues. I didn't mean to "invade" your forum like this, but it seems like there are some people here with great knowledge about the answers I'm looking for. So I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I could get some input here - and I did. Your help is much appreciated.
Lol, it's not an invasion. You've come to learn. Just helps if people know where you're at before they give you advice. Suggest you read a few key articles on his site related to fat, sugar, thyroid and hormones. Then, if you have time while doing a PhD, maybe look at the email exchange thread and watch some of his lectures on YouTube (especially the KMUD) .
Of course you can ask questions here and people will be happy to help, but it's a complex topic and can be difficult to fully answer without the whole picture, which includes where you're at, and only you know the full story there.

thms

Hello,

I am a 28 y/o ‘healthy’, fit, normal weight, male who struggles with delayed ejaculation, and I have been struggling with this for as long as I can remember. I’ve come to a point now where I just can’t take it anymore. It’s constantly on my mind and it’s crushing my quality of life.

I’m currently in the end of finishing my PhD, so I’m living a little stressful life right now, but I’ve had these problems long before this as well.

I’ve read numerous places that delayed ejaculation often is a mental problem, but I’m struggling with this issue when I am ‘by myself’ too, which makes me suspect that there are some physical abnormalities going on in my body. The main problem is that I don’t feel very sensitive ‘down there’, and that my erection strength is not 100%, especially in the glans. I also have some slight fat accumulation around in my chest area (gyno?) and midsection, and I suspect that there is something wrong with my estrogen/prolactin levels?

I have not discussed this problem with my doctor yet, but I have an appointment next week where I will bring it up.

So, during the last year I have taken some blood tests, mainly because of stress, poor sleep and low energy. I was also diagnosed with ‘inexplicable’ hypertension (90ish/140ish) and was put on beta blockers (propranolol). So, I obviously have some adrenal issues as well.

Here are some data of interest.

01/11/19 General blood test linked to poor sleep and low energy.

TSH 3.5 [ 0.2 – 4.0]. I think this is a little high for a ‘healthy’ male. My doctor think it’s ok.

F-T4 19.9 [11.0 – 23.0]. Did not test F-T3.

MCV 101 [82 – 98]. Too high?

Vitamin D 80 [50 – 150]. Too low?

01/28/19 Hormone test. Did not test for estrogen. (Morning)

Testosterone 20 [8 – 35]

SHBG 29 [8 – 60]

Free testosterone index 6.8 [2.3 – 9.9]

05/15/19 – wanted to retest my TSH and check for AI

TSH 3.1 [0.2 – 4.0]

F-T4 18.3 [11.0 – 23.0]. Again, no F-T3 was done.

Anti-TPO <34 [<100]

10/06/19 Only cortisol test

Morning cortisol (serum) 862 [200 – 650]. Slightly elevated

I got a recall for a new appointment due to my high cortisol and will be meeting my doctor next week where we will hopefully take some new tests.

So I was just wondering, based on my blood results, is there something obvious that can be linked to my condition, delayed ejaculation? Also, which tests should I ask to be done to further investigate this issue? I’m thinking an estrogen and prolactin test would be relevant, at least?

Also, if you have suffered from this issue and managed to fix it, what was the cause of it and how did you fix it?

P.S. I have some other blood test results as well but I didn’t want to include all of them. I can provide more test results on demand if wanted.

Thanks

Best regards

DE91

not to bragg but i would trade places with your condition in a heartbeat

ejaculation only brings trouble like brain fog, low self esteem, no drive to train with weights in MY OPINION

i prefer not to ejaculate, ever...

but your condition is probably due to a too strong pelvic floor (you see this condition in male baseball catchers due too too much squatting in pratice, they cant ejaculate)

You can fix this by focussing on doing many many regular kegels daily

good luck

Lone Bunman

not to bragg but i would trade places with your condition in a heartbeat

ejaculation only brings trouble like brain fog, low self esteem, no drive to train with weights in MY OPINION

i prefer not to ejaculate, ever...

but your condition is probably due to a too strong pelvic floor (you see this condition in male baseball catchers due too too much squatting in pratice, they cant ejaculate)

You can fix this by focussing on doing many many regular kegels daily

good luck
REVERSE kegels

Kunstruct

Never heard this one from anyone in real life who squats a ton. A some point I used to squat a lot too.
Maybe some baseball catchers join this forum and comment on this.

thms

REVERSE kegels
no it is about regular kegels, reverse kegels dont exist, this is just the relaxation of the pelvic floor, your training the same muscle...

you dont have bicep curls and "reverse" bicep curls do you? Its the same principle

thms

Never heard this one from anyone in real life who squats a ton. A some point I used to squat a lot too.
Maybe some baseball catchers join this forum and comment on this.
Its not about squatting but staying in the "hindi"squat postiion for extended periods of time, this relaxes / stretches and trains the pelvic floor

Lone Bunman

no it is about regular kegels, reverse kegels dont exist, this is just the relaxation of the pelvic floor, your training the same muscle...

you dont have bicep curls and "reverse" bicep curls do you? Its the same principle
You have the concentric and eccentric movement, so yes.

That's the point. Overuse has lead to over tension. The point is to purposefully relax to release the muscle. After a search I found this. May be the opppsite problem though, so it might actually be weakness? I don't know. Practice Reverse Kegels to Last Longer in Bed - Nat Eliason

GAF

Search the forum for other posts on histidine. I am 63 and my zinger feels like it is 19. 100% due to trying histidine after a lozko post.

Very hilarious result. You have to play around with it and time doses and more is not always better. I take a capsule or use the powder based on feeling, nothing more than feeling.

Inaut

What about taking relatively high dose of niacin pre coitus for the histamine flush instead of histidine? I took 250 mg before gym yesterday and I felt great during work out

OP
D

DE91

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated.

I got the results from my latest blood work today, and as i suspected my prolactin levels are a little high. Cortisol levels are on the rise, and my doctor is hopefully starting to agree with my that I might be subclinically hypothyroid.

Test 11/07: 9am
Comments: "subclinical hypothyroidism"

TSH 5 [0.2 - 4.0]
Prolactin 533 [<700] mU/L. Converts to about 25 ng/mL. I suspect upper threshold in reference is for non-lactating women.
Cortisol 891 [200 - 650]. Up from 861 last month, even though I have gone all in to reduce my everyday stress.
Estradiol-18-beta 0.11 [0 - 0.17] Seems normal, but I don't know.

Testosterone 21 [8 - 35], normal, but probably a little low for a fit/"healthy" male
SHBG 35 [8 - 60]
Free testosterone index 6.0 [2.3 - 9.9]

---

So to summarize, I still feel like crap. Low energy, low appetite, low libido with weak erections and still difficulties to reach orgasm.
Can some of these results explain why I feel like I do, or is it all in my head?
Is there something I can do to lower my prolactin and cortisol levels, or is medication required?
Will my doctor put me on prolactin lowering drugs with these levels, or is the value not high enough?

Thanks

Last edited:

Aries

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated.

I got the results from my latest blood work today, and as i suspected my prolactin levels are a little high. Cortisol levels are on the rise, and my doctor is hopefully starting to agree with my that I might be subclinically hypothyroid.

Test 11/07: 9am
Comments: "subclinical hypothyroidism"

TSH 5 [0.2 - 4.0]
Prolactin 533 [<700] mU/L. Converts to about 25 ng/mL. I suspect upper threshold in reference is for non-lactating women.
Cortisol 891 [200 - 650]. Up from 861 last month, even though I have gone all in to reduce my everyday stress.
Estradiol-18-beta 0.11 [0 - 0.17] Seems normal, but I don't know.

Testosterone 21 [8 - 35], normal, but probably a little low for a fit/"healthy" male
SHBG 35 [8 - 60]
Free testosterone index 6.0 [2.3 - 9.9]

---

So to summarize, I still feel like crap. Low energy, low appetite, low libido with weak erections and still difficulties to reach orgasm.
Can some of these results explain why I feel like I do, or is it all in my head?
Is there something I can do to lower my prolactin and cortisol levels, or is medication required?
Will my doctor put me on prolactin lowering drugs with these levels, or is the value not high enough?

Thanks
I can relate to those symptoms although I don't feel DE as problem. I have lost erection only couple times before orgasm.

My androgen levels are the same, TSH has been around 2, 8am cortisol was 600nmol/l and I have measured prolactin on several occasions from under 200 to around 500mIU/l. All these were before peating.

Dropping cortisol, TSH and prolactin to range might lessen DE but probably still leave you feeling like crap. DE wouldn't even be a problem of it wasn't accompanied by weak erections imo.

Majority of doctors wouldn't treat that prolactin number. They care about prolactin only when it's a prolactinoma which puts prolactin to thousands mIUs. When it's subclinical, it's sign of stress and ejaculations also raise it significantly but probably not your case. Mainstream medicine and steroid boards think subclinically elevated prolactin is irrelevant. This forum sees it very differently. It still made no difference to my libido or general mood to have it at 500 or 200.

Kunstruct

Cortisol is very high.
TSH is very high also.
I would suspect serotonin should be rather high-ish also and that is know to cause sometimes delayed ejaculation.
Porlactin is not very high, but it is high, this should mean lower dopamine and higher serotonin, thus with lower dopamine delayed ejaculation and ejaculation anhedonia is possible.
21 nmol/L is 605 ng/dl which is not low considering high TSH and prolactin and very high cortisol

Now think about most of the forum people with issues have TSH 1.x way lower prolactin than you, way lower cortisol and their testosterone is 250-350ng/dl which is very low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals