Help Me Correct A Possible Bad Habit Of Mine

Serious Black

When I first started out healing my metabolism. I read how body temperature is very important. I checked it everynight before bed to make sure it was 37 degrees because I noticed when I woke up from a nightmare or I woke up feeling panic my temperature would be very low.

So ever since I will obsessively check my body temp to try to get it to 37. Then if its not just eating alot then checking etc. I feel though now this is ruining my sleep because I worry too much about it. Does anyone else have similar experiences and what tips can you give me so I can go to sleep worry free and stop obsessing over body temp.

kayumochi

I don't have "similar experiences" of not sleeping because I am obsessing over body temperature but I certainly used to have, for quite a few years, insomnia caused by thinking. The content of thought doesn't matter if it is keeping you awake, whether it is concern over body temperature or something else. This sort of thinking is a symptom of wanting to control what can't be controlled. Bedtime is the time to let go, to surrender, to let go of wanting control and letting go of consciousness itself...

Last edited:
OP
Serious Black

Serious Black

I don't have "similar experiences" of not sleeping because I am obsessing over body temperature but I certainly used to have, for quite a few years, insomnia caused by thinking. The content of thought doesn't matter if it is keeping you awake, whether it is concern over body temperature or something else. This sort of thinking is a symptom of wanting to control what can't be controlled. Bedtime is the time to let go, to surrender, to let go of wanting control and letting go of consciousness itself...

I just dont know how to escape because If I dont check my temp I seem to wake with low temp and when I do check it I end up waiting till 2 in the morning just for it to get to 37 degrees

artlange

I only bother with waking temp to make sure my metabolism is not low. Per Broda Barnes (and Ray Peat) the waking temp should be between 97.8 and 98.6 (and HR below 90) which indicates you don't have low thyroid. It took several months of gradually increasing my NDT to get to this waking temp range. (along with a Peat inspired complete diet makeover,)

OP
Serious Black

Serious Black

I only bother with waking temp to make sure my metabolism is not low. Per Broda Barnes (and Ray Peat) the waking temp should be between 97.8 and 98.6 (and HR below 90) which indicates you don't have low thyroid. It took several months of gradually increasing my NDT to get to this waking temp range. (along with a Peat inspired complete diet makeover,)

Wow it can be that low? I always thought that was bad and I usually have symtoms at that low like stuffed nose and such

theLaw

Posted by @Serious Black , May 15, 2017:
I was starting to notice when I ate heavy pufa foods. (my guilty pleasure is nacho chips) then I cannot sleep very well that night and wake up really tired like my sleep didn't really refresh me.

Just wondering if this could happen or maybe it was all in my head.

Sounds like someone is not taking their diet seriously.

Maybe time to start doing your homework instead of asking for other's time.:banghead:

OP
Serious Black

Serious Black

Posted by @Serious Black , May 15, 2017:

Sounds like someone is not taking this diet seriously.

Maybe time to start doing your homework instead of asking for other's time.:banghead:

Very infrequent. Even during a PUFA free day I still sometimes wake up with a stress response at night

theLaw

Very infrequent. Even during a PUFA free day I still sometimes wake up with a stress response at night

Wow........you went PUFA free for a whole day???o_O

When you're ready to get serious:

Haidut's Summary of Pufa is an excellent place to start (link below):

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

OP
Serious Black

Serious Black

Wow........you went PUFA free for a whole day???o_O

When you're ready to get serious:

Haidut's Summary of Pufa is an excellent place to start (link below):

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

More then a day man. Jeez . Thanks for the links.

tara

Could you try getting a routine that does everything you can to make sure you are warm enough and make a deal with yourself to not check for a week and see how it goes? Make sure you are warm when you go to bed (warm blankets, PJs, bed pre-warmed with electric blanket or whatever, have a hot shower or bath), make sure you have fueled yourself well during the day, make sure your mouth is shut at night, whatever other tactics you usually need to get you there.
Some people find sticking their head under a cloth/the sheet both warms them up and calms them down in a way that supports sleep (it raises CO2, which in some circumstances can help support metabolism and calm nerves) - you could try that.

It is normal for early afternoon temps to be highest, and night time temps to be slightly cooler. I think Barnes said normal waking temps would be in the range 97.8- 98.2 F.

Horse Fighter

I had a similar habit, but about my social interactions, responsabilities, (some of you won't believe on me) i took out gluten foods i stopped with those random thoughts before bed, i'm not sure if it is related. Maybe it is my head, i really dont know!

Djukami

I had a similar habit, but about my social interactions, responsabilities, (some of you won't believe on me) i took out gluten foods i stopped with those random thoughts before bed, i'm not sure if it is related. Maybe it is my head, i really dont know!
It's not and it's complicated to understand. It's all about chemicals, I guess.
Some foods triggers me a song in my head. But this does not mean it's the last food I ate. It's weird, but I realize this happens because before eating I am doing things without singing, very focused and I hear silence, so to speak. After eating, I am doing the exact same things and singing at the same time and cannot focus. I am saying a song, but it could be a thought, a memory and ruminate about them.
Some foods make me feel very uneasy, symptoms like restless leg syndrome.
It's very weird, but I've notice that if I remove all the foods that I think I don't do well with, I don't have symptoms like racing mind, restless leg, ocd, my motivation disappears, depersonalization, and so on.

It all comes to this question: what was first: the chicken or the egg? Here, it's the same: gut causing mental issues or mental causing gut issues?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals