Body Temp - Uncomfortable

hearsay

Hey everyone
From what I understand so far from reading posts on here, instagram posts, Peat's newsletters, we should be aiming for 37 degrees C or above for body temperature.
My problem is that when I get to this tempurature (or even a little above 37.1 ~37.4), I feel like I am on fire.
I feel like I have a fever and almost disorientated.
Usually this is induced by coffee with sugar. Sometimes with milk and OJ.
But I have had it happened with a simple meal of meat, eggs, and juices.
It has yet to happen with straight up fruit.

My method of checking temp is I use two different underarm thermometers so that I can compare the readings.

I guess what I am asking is, does anybody else feel uncomfortable when getting to or above 37 degrees C?

tara

My method of checking temp is I use two different underarm thermometers so that I can compare the readings.
Did you give them at least 5 mins to come up to stable temps?

OP
H

hearsay

Did you give them at least 5 mins to come up to stable temps?

No. These thermometers also do some type of calculation business to provide an "accurate" reading.

I just feel rather uncomfortable being this warm. It almost feels like I have a low grade fever and I am not sick or getting sick right now (that I know of).
I've just never purposefully monitored my temperature or purposefully tried to raise it.
Now that I have figure out how to raise it, it feels rather uncomfortable.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone
From what I understand so far from reading posts on here, instagram posts, Peat's newsletters, we should be aiming for 37 degrees C or above for body temperature.
My problem is that when I get to this tempurature (or even a little above 37.1 ~37.4), I feel like I am on fire.
I feel like I have a fever and almost disorientated.
Usually this is induced by coffee with sugar. Sometimes with milk and OJ.
But I have had it happened with a simple meal of meat, eggs, and juices.
It has yet to happen with straight up fruit.

I guess what I am asking is, does anybody else feel uncomfortable when getting to or above 37 degrees C?
Coffee with sugar can be very heating so it's actually normal that you feel hot after drinking it. The calcium in milk can also boost the metabolism and make you hot, I have this happen to me as well.
Meat is also heating and fruits are mostly neutral or cooling.
You can look into the TCM about hot and cold and consume more cooling food.

mipp

Yup. Despite everything I've read here about higher temps being good, my instinctive feelings are the opposite. Elevated temps often feel like a negative reaction to something. In fact, I prefer to be at or slightly below 36.6.
I often feel overstimulated at 36.8-36.9, 37 and above feels wrong, like I'm coming down with a cold. Stimulants and glucose rich meals increase my temps the most, I think. When I tried the Potato Hack, eating nothing but boiled potatoes, my temps were 37-37.2 throughout the day and my hands were very warm. Physically and digestion-wise everything seemd fine but I felt absolutely awful, didn't last two days on this.

I have an old mercury thermometer and cheap electronic one which is pretty accurate if I use it just like the old one: 5-7 minutes under arm before I check the temp.

rei

Our body temp has gone down dramatically as a population. To get it up one must be at that uncomfortable spot until it becomes new normal, and your set temperature is now 37, as it has been for hundreds of years before the recent decline in health. On average, normal healthy people of today would be diagnosed as having a cold 100 years ago.

I think high salt intake might help in this transition, as metabolic rate increases the immune system suddenly finds much ignored stuff to take care of, and becomes active, needing salt.

Last edited:

berk

Kunstruct

I have an old mercury thermometer and cheap electronic one which is pretty accurate if I use it just like the old one: 5-7 minutes under arm before I check the temp.

I also have a couple of mercury ones, I have to keep it at least 10minutes until it saturates and does not keep slowly raising anymore and that is what I always do.
Otherwise if only 5 minutes they will be a bit lower than at 10minutes.

OP
H

hearsay

Thats not correct, why you think this

healthy temp = 36.5 - 36.7 C

It's just what I have been seeing around.
Perhaps I am mistaken.

But I also have been seeing what @rei was talking about. Our temperatures recently being lower than previously.

tara

No. These thermometers also do some type of calculation business to provide an "accurate" reading.
My experience with electronic thermometers is that they beep quickly, but if I leave them in place and repeat measurements until I get two or more readings in a row that are the same, it can take 5 mins or more to stabilise and by then it it is usually showing a signficantly higher temp. Mercury was no more precise or quick.

You could check whether this happens to you too. If your actual temp is 1/2 or more degrees higher than your previous readings, it might lead to different guesses about what's going on.

Atman

Just dress more lightly and turn down the heaters. You can even save money on your gas bill that way.
Enjoy the looks from ordinary people for wearing a t-shirt during spring time when they are still running around in coats.

Kunstruct

You can even save money on your gas bill that way.

Yeah, definitely, especially as I paid a lot on gas due to feeling cold most of the time, even if not going around the house in T-shirts and shorts like I see people going around the house these days.

Last edited:

milkboi

Temperature for me really is such an accurate indicator of feeling good. Whenever I feel great, 100% of the time my temps are 37 degrees Celsius.

And yeah, if you feel too hot, just get rid of some clothes/open your windows.

berk

Temperature for me really is such an accurate indicator of feeling good. Whenever I feel great, 100% of the time my temps are 37 degrees Celsius.
funny, every time i feel cold my bodytemp is always the same (36.8c) as i feel warm/hot.
how measure you your body temp?

Kunstruct

I noticed along the years when I had higher temps I had more involuntary needs to workout, doing push-ups or working out with weights. I have always associated that with feeling good.
Contrasting that to things like going to the gym certain days of the week at certain hours which is voluntary and deliberate, which for most people it's already programmed not matter how they feel or not, there needs a goal to be met.

berk

Thermometer under armpit, wait 10 m, check result.
yeah i have done that in the past. mouth and armpit temperatures fluctuate.
Every couple minutes later i got different measurement.
I stop doing this and now i do only rectal measurements, now i have always 1 stable temperature.

milkboi

yeah i have done that in the past. mouth and armpit temperatures fluctuate.
Every couple minutes later i got different measurement.
I stop doing this and now i do only rectal measurements, now i have always 1 stable temperature.
ok I Get staple readings with armpit

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals