Lowering Cortisol Too Low? Disturbed Sleep

Sagitarrius90

Hey everyone,

I see alot of threads saying we want to lower cortisol whether thru glycine, taurine, aspirin, theanine

Ever since I've taken these supplements and have reduced dosages (1g glycine , 500mg theanine, .5 g taurine or 0 taurine , 500 mg aspirin) I am having bad sleeps and feeling exhausted during the day ( my guess is because I'm not running on stress anymore and even with alot of caffiene I'm still tired but warm body temp etc)...

Could the lowering of cortisol be the reason why my sleep is so bad and is causing me to wake up alert in the middle of the night? I don't want to stop these supplements as I feel they help me cognitively and stress wise but they are ruining my sleep ...

Thanks guys

Sunrise

Hi Nick , did you found out about lowering too much cortisol question otherwise? I see nobody answered.
What is your theory? Where do u get from that cortisol can be lowered too fast. I noticed that yesterday eating 2 two more mangos than usual gave me bad sleep. And sugar is said to reduce cortisol. I have also noticed some joint pain that can be related to antininflamatorry effect of cortisol. I found that last correlation in the forums here but no deeper resource on that to understand it and see how to act for example dosing otherwise for replacing the anti-inflammatory effect of cortisol Why Does Sugar Seem To Make My Inflammation Worse?

LCohen

I think I had suffered from low cortisol too. I am using Dexamethasone for a while. It restored my energy levels. Feeling great.