Health Problems

OP
W

wayney

I don't think the AC would deactivate the antibacterial things you're using as you're not supposed to absorb it. It's supposed to end up in the colon. I'd take the AC in the morning about 30-60min before my first meal.
When I took it, I had coffee about 5 minutes later and the coffee didn't interfere with its benefits.
Okay, thanks!

OP
W

wayney

Focusing on improving liver function and bile flow has probably been the most rewarding.

Okay, what have you specifically done to improve those? Just interesting to hear what other people have done, maybe something I haven't tried that might help me.

@Hans, you wrote this earlier "Yes for the SIBO you want to stimulate your stomach acid production and bile secretion. When someone has reduced levels of both, then is when SIBO occurs. So betaine or gentian bitter can help with the stomach acid and taurine and TUDCA can help with bile."

With betaine, do you mean betaine HCl?
What doses is needed of taurine and TUDCA to help with bile? Also should you take this with food or on empty stomach?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay, what have you specifically done to improve those? Just interesting to hear what other people have done, maybe something I haven't tried that might help me.

@Hans, you wrote this earlier "Yes for the SIBO you want to stimulate your stomach acid production and bile secretion. When someone has reduced levels of both, then is when SIBO occurs. So betaine or gentian bitter can help with the stomach acid and taurine and TUDCA can help with bile."

With betaine, do you mean betaine HCl?
What doses is needed of taurine and TUDCA to help with bile? Also should you take this with food or on empty stomach?
Yes to the first.
500mg taurine should have an effect.
Around 500mg TUDCA is the standard dose.
So if you combine the two, then 500mg of each should be good enough.
I'd take both with a meal, but you don't have to take the TUDCA with a meal, but definitely take the taurine with a meal.

OP
W

wayney

Yes to the first.
500mg taurine should have an effect.
Around 500mg TUDCA is the standard dose.
So if you combine the two, then 500mg of each should be good enough.
I'd take both with a meal, but you don't have to take the TUDCA with a meal, but definitely take the taurine with a meal.

Thanks!

So 500 mg once a day or with every meal?

I have taken up to 3 g taurine, didn't notice any difference but maybe it was good for me anyway.

Right now I take this one: Bio-Gest (180's)®: Digestive enzymes for individuals with occasional indigestion*

Is TUDCA and taurine more effective?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks!

So 500 mg once a day or with every meal?

I have taken up to 3 g taurine, didn't notice any difference but maybe it was good for me anyway.

Right now I take this one: Bio-Gest (180's)®: Digestive enzymes for individuals with occasional indigestion*

Is TUDCA and taurine more effective?
500mg TUDCA once daily. You can always use higher doses, but that dose should be effective.
Maybe you don't specifically have an issue with bile secretion since you don't notice much from the taurine. (TUDCA has much more benefits than assisting in bile secretion though)
For gut purposes, TUDCA is more effective than taurine.

Markus

Primarily choline, glycine, taurine, TUDCA and herbs like artichoke and dandelion. I've also tried some Schisandra chinensis, which I've found helpful.

OP
W

wayney

500mg TUDCA once daily. You can always use higher doses, but that dose should be effective.
Maybe you don't specifically have an issue with bile secretion since you don't notice much from the taurine. (TUDCA has much more benefits than assisting in bile secretion though)
For gut purposes, TUDCA is more effective than taurine.

Okay, thanks!

OP
W

wayney

Primarily choline, glycine, taurine, TUDCA and herbs like artichoke and dandelion. I've also tried some Schisandra chinensis, which I've found helpful.

Thanks! Tried all of them except TUDCA.

What dose do you use? 500 mg daily with food as @Hans said?

Where do you buy TUDCA? Can't find it in either iHerb or in Sweden.

Markus

Thanks! Tried all of them except TUDCA.

What dose do you use? 500 mg daily with food as @Hans said?

Where do you buy TUDCA? Can't find it in either iHerb or in Sweden.
You can start with 250 mg and gradually increase up to 1000 mg taken spread throughout the taken either with or without food. I typically take it about 30 min before meals to loosen the bile before I eat.

TUDCA can be found on Amazon but it's fairly expensive: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDCA-250mg-Capsules-Tauroursodeoxycholic-Acid/dp/B07FJRNP36, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutricost-Tudca-250mg-Capsules-Tauroursodeoxycholic/dp/B01A68H2BA.

OP
W

wayney

OP
W

wayney

I have attached a picture of my red nose, as you can se it's extremely local on the nose.
When I get the reaction in the evening the nose also feel a little stuffed and get swollen.

I'm thinking if it might be worth trying to treat it locally also, like using some sort of nasal spray or something? Been using salt water spray but that do not help. The same with antihistamine, do not help either.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-05-19 kl. 11.22.34.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-05-19 kl. 11.22.34.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 19

Markus

I have attached a picture of my red nose, as you can se it's extremely local on the nose.
When I get the reaction in the evening the nose also feel a little stuffed and get swollen.

I'm thinking if it might be worth trying to treat it locally also, like using some sort of nasal spray or something? Been using salt water spray but that do not help. The same with antihistamine, do not help either.
Have you looked into Traditional Chinese Medicine? I think you might find some clues as to why you have this reaction.

OP
W

wayney

Have you looked into Traditional Chinese Medicine? I think you might find some clues as to why you have this reaction.

Yeah a little, have for example done acupuncture, qi gong etc. But no help.

accelerator

I don't think the AC would deactivate the antibacterial things you're using as you're not supposed to absorb it. It's supposed to end up in the colon. I'd take the AC in the morning about 30-60min before my first meal.
When I took it, I had coffee about 5 minutes later and the coffee didn't interfere with its benefits.

I thought charcoal absorbs everything in it's environment?
You don't think it would absorb the supplements ingredients?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals