Test results; hypothyroidism?

Hirri

I know I made another post recently sorry for spamming, but now I have full test results and of course endocrinologist says everything is fine. Before I did the tests yesterday I did not run for a week (because of the cold we have also), I feel so much better when I don't run especially in winter mentally. Although how my body looks is another story.. And not sure if that's related or not, but TSH lowered a bit and prolactin lowered a lot! but I am also in different state with my monthly cycle.

So in 2020 november my TSH was 2.9 mIU/l

Progesterone on day 21st 43 nmol/l
Prolactin 523 miu/l (that's above norm)

yesterday:
TSH was 2.58 mIU/l
FT4 10.08 pmol/l
FT3 3.87 pmol/l
Prolactin 144 miu/l
ATPO 3.35 kIU/l
Progesterone on day 20th 55 nmol/l (that's a lot according to norm, more than highest range they gave me and same as first 3 months of pregnancy but I am not pregnant) :D is it possible to have too much progesterone and because of that have slugish metabolism? My gynecologist says that I can try birth control pills to supress ovulation but I don't think it's a good idea. I used to be on those for years before.
my pulse is not slow, on average 80 I'd say. body temp differs depending on cycle but I am never cold.

So is it hypothyroidism or not?

Razvan

I know I made another post recently sorry for spamming, but now I have full test results and of course endocrinologist says everything is fine. Before I did the tests yesterday I did not run for a week (because of the cold we have also), I feel so much better when I don't run especially in winter mentally. Although how my body looks is another story.. And not sure if that's related or not, but TSH lowered a bit and prolactin lowered a lot! but I am also in different state with my monthly cycle.

So in 2020 november my TSH was 2.9 mIU/l

Progesterone on day 21st 43 nmol/l
Prolactin 523 miu/l (that's above norm)

yesterday:
TSH was 2.58 mIU/l
FT4 10.08 pmol/l
FT3 3.87 pmol/l
Prolactin 144 miu/l
ATPO 3.35 kIU/l
Progesterone on day 20th 55 nmol/l (that's a lot according to norm, more than highest range they gave me and same as first 3 months of pregnancy but I am not pregnant) :D is it possible to have too much progesterone and because of that have slugish metabolism? My gynecologist says that I can try birth control pills to supress ovulation but I don't think it's a good idea. I used to be on those for years before.
my pulse is not slow, on average 80 I'd say. body temp differs depending on cycle but I am never cold.

So is it hypothyroidism or not?
I think you can detect hypothyroidism from the way a person usually thinks about life situations in general.How do you feel mentally?

OP
Hirri

Hirri

I think you can detect hypothyroidism from the way a person usually thinks about life situations in general.How do you feel mentally?

Not great but then again how do you know what is feeling good mentally? How can you compare with others? I do things but I don't enjoy some of them like others do. But I also feel that I see the real life not some fake reasons or illusions like others do. I see and accept life as it is and sometimes I am sad about it or anxious but I manage to remind myself that it's just how life is. Meaningless and short.

gaze

put your knee on a chair with your ankle pointing out behind you. using your phone hit your achilles in the middle in order to create a reflex kick of your foot. in hypothyroidism, the foot will bounce back super slowly, while in a healthy person it should bounce back fairly quickly. you can test it and see if it tells you something.

here's an example:

OP
Hirri

Hirri

put your knee on a chair with your ankle pointing out behind you. using your phone hit your achilles in the middle in order to create a reflex kick of your foot. in hypothyroidism, the foot will bounce back super slowly, while in a healthy person it should bounce back fairly quickly. you can test it and see if it tells you something.

here's an example:

What if it does not move at all? :D Or am I doing it wrong :/

gaze

What if it does not move at all? :D Or am I doing it wrong :/
doing it wrong. keep tapping around the middle of the achilles and try to keep your foot as loose as possible. let it hang off an edge without controlling it. eventually you should be able to find the reflex point

OP
Hirri

Hirri

doing it wrong. keep tapping around the middle of the achilles and try to keep your foot as loose as possible. let it hang off an edge without controlling it. eventually you should be able to find the reflex point
Ok I think it's pretty fast. So this alone can determine?

gaze

Ok I think it's pretty fast. So this alone can determine?
no it's not the only thing but it's a good sign because it means your not producing a lot of adrenaline which is common in hypothyroidism, your prolactin above range generally indicates slight hypothyroidism with elevated stress hormones like cortisol. have you checked your vitamin D level? do you eat enough carbohydrates and calcium?

OP
Hirri

Hirri

no it's not the only thing but it's a good sign because it means your not producing a lot of adrenaline which is common in hypothyroidism, your prolactin above range generally indicates slight hypothyroidism with elevated stress hormones like cortisol. have you checked your vitamin D level? do you eat enough carbohydrates and calcium?
You think this is elevated prolactin? :D It was way higher in november.. it was 574. But I was quite stressed that day. My vitamin levels are usually good, this fall they were a bit lower (fell to 59), but I went to tanning salon whole winter (no sun here for 6 months..) and now levels are good again (89). I eat a lot of carbs but mostly in not that healthy form like bakeries, cookies etc. and I eat lots of cheese and ice cream.