Health Problems

OP
W

wayney

I've found androsterone to be very thyromimetic and work better than TyroMix. Personally, I would drop thyroid supplementation entirely as the thyroid is usually downstream of the adrenals/HPTA-axis, which is probably your main issue.

Have you done blood work where you can see that your thyroid is better?

Also, how long did it take before you notice effect from the androsterone?

OP
W

wayney

I believe that EBV can be an issue when the body is weak, but should be manageable by a strong immune system. However, Anthony William (The Medical Medium), claims that EBV is at the root cause of most health issues. In any case, some anti-viral remedies will probably be beneficial.
Yeah, I do not think that EBV is my issue, as I understand of adults, 90–95% of the population have specific antibodies to EBV as a sign of primary infection.

Hans

Forum Supporter
thanks! So you would avoid multivitamin?
Well it depends on the multivitamin.
From my personal experience with similar issues (I'm also Swedish btw), I've found that 10 mg pregnenolone, 5 mg DHEA, 5 mg 6-keto P4 and 2 mg androsterone split into two doses to be the most I tolerate.
Cool, low doses is preferable but a lot of people just done feel anything from it.

Markus

Have you done blood work where you can see that your thyroid is better?

Also, how long did it take before you notice effect from the androsterone?
You won't see any change in thyroid function from taking androsterone, but you will feel an effect since androgens can mimic the intracellular actions of thyroid hormones.

I noticed an almost immediate effect, as long as you are getting enough calories.

Markus

Cool, low doses is preferable but a lot of people just done feel anything from it.
Yeah, I guess it differs from person to person, but my estrogen tanks if I take more than 2 mg of androsterone.

OP
W

wayney

Well it depends on the multivitamin.

Okay, take Thorne so should be a high quality multivitamin.

OP
W

wayney

You won't see any change in thyroid function from taking androsterone, but you will feel an effect since androgens can mimic the intracellular actions of thyroid hormones.

I noticed an almost immediate effect, as long as you are getting enough calories.

Okay, have you had any success increasing testosterone with any of the supplements from IdeaLabs?

Markus

Okay, have you had any success increasing testosterone with any of the supplements from IdeaLabs?
Only slightly, but I do feel better. However, I'm still far from where I want to be health-wise.

Do not think that it's vitamin deficiency. Been taking really high doses earlier and no difference. Have also done blood work which show good values.

Do not drink milk, react bad to milk products. I supplement with calcium, right now 2 grams/day.

I am very low in PUFA and been the for a long time so that's not the issue either.

Do you have a fix on your O6:O3 Ratio?Only low pufa wont cut it imo,because the amounts taken in are plenty for induction and maintenance of the more severe Arachidonic Acid dependent Immune reactions,just going low with still skewed Ratio wont fix inflammation,i did low PUFA too,before RP-info,and it was O6-dominant-diet and didnt reduce inflammation enough.What type of supplements did you use,for how long?What i see is that people get specific about this or that micro,and not take everything in heightened amounts simultaneously.For B-replenishment,there has to be either very high megadosing to use passive transport,or high frequency micro-dosing to exploit active transport with high yield but low volume of uptake per session.Also going low on meat and protein for your skin issue is an error,the rest of your body needs it still.I will repeat myself,it is some kind of deficiency you accrued,and didnt decompensate and heal by following a less than ideal supplemental regime.

OP
W

wayney

Do you have a fix on your O6:O3 Ratio?Only low pufa wont cut it imo,because the amounts taken in are plenty for induction and maintenance of the more severe Arachidonic Acid dependent Immune reactions,just going low with still skewed Ratio wont fix inflammation,i did low PUFA too,before RP-info,and it was O6-dominant-diet and didnt reduce inflammation enough.What type of supplements did you use,for how long?What i see is that people get specific about this or that micro,and not take everything in heightened amounts simultaneously.For B-replenishment,there has to be either very high megadosing to use passive transport,or high frequency micro-dosing to exploit active transport with high yield but low volume of uptake per session.Also going low on meat and protein for your skin issue is an error,the rest of your body needs it still.I will repeat myself,it is some kind of deficiency you accrued,and didnt decompensate and heal by following a less than ideal supplemental regime.

What you you mean with fix? If I have tested O6:O3 ratio? The past years I have been eating extremely low in PUFA. No vegetable oils etc.

Been trying so much so I can't say them all. Attached is one example that I did for more than 3 months. Been doing other protocols also.

Been using this multivitamin for years before I switched to Thorne: Life Extension, Two-Per-Day Capsules, 120 Capsules
That one is pretty high in vitamin B alone.

So you think that I should eat large amounts of meat and protein even though I feel like ***t when I eat that?

Thanks, but I really don't think that vitamins alone will fix my issues.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-05-16 kl. 11.42.23.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-05-16 kl. 11.42.23.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 7
What you you mean with fix? If I have tested O6:O3 ratio? The past years I have been eating extremely low in PUFA. No vegetable oils etc.

Been trying so much so I can't say them all. Attached is one example that I did for more than 3 months. Been doing other protocols also.

Been using this multivitamin for years before I switched to Thorne: Life Extension, Two-Per-Day Capsules, 120 Capsules
That one is pretty high in vitamin B alone.

So you think that I should eat large amounts of meat and protein even though I feel like ***t when I eat that?

Thanks, but I really don't think that vitamins alone will fix my issues.

Do you know of what Fatty Acids,especially those named Omega6(Linoleic Acid Primarily,Arachidonic Acid) and Omega3(Alpha Linolenic Acid,EPA) your diet is comprised of?As example,how much grams of Linoleic Acid do you consume,how much grams of Alpha Linoleic Acid.It matters for inflammation,PUFA have differing metabolic fates and products.The issue is you have severe acute Hypogonadism,lowest possible for being in range in the oldest age group over 60 is 25,you have 5,so if the results are true,your protein metabolism is severely underfunctioning.Damage can be caused maybe through injury,infection,trauma or toxicity(herbal supplements,Eucalyptic Oil for runny nose etc),also,atleast in Animal Models,thorough PUFA depletion (not necessarely low pufa)can cause organ damage.Can you remember some type of possible trigger when your health issues started?

OP
W

wayney

Do you know of what Fatty Acids,especially those named Omega6(Linoleic Acid Primarily,Arachidonic Acid) and Omega3(Alpha Linolenic Acid,EPA) your diet is comprised of?As example,how much grams of Linoleic Acid do you consume,how much grams of Alpha Linoleic Acid.It matters for inflammation,PUFA have differing metabolic fates and products.The issue is you have severe acute Hypogonadism,lowest possible for being in range in the oldest age group over 60 is 25,you have 5,so if the results are true,your protein metabolism is severely underfunctioning.Damage can be caused maybe through injury,infection,trauma or toxicity(herbal supplements,Eucalyptic Oil for runny nose etc),also,atleast in Animal Models,thorough PUFA depletion (not necessarely low pufa)can cause organ damage.Can you remember some type of possible trigger when your health issues started?

Do not count, but I eat really low in O6, eat kind of a Peat diet.

The test you look at is a DUTCH test. I've heard that those tests are not that accurate, so I do not trust it. When I've done blood work I had 17 nmol/L, which is low but not extremely low.

The trigger was that I overtrained myself I think.

OP
W

wayney

Recurring dysbiosis, gallbladder issues, food intolerances, hormone imbalances, mold toxicity and chemical sensitivity, to name a few :).

Okay. If you would have to pin point a few things that has been good for your health, what would you say then? Like what thing has helped you so far on your journey to better health.

OP
W

wayney

@Hans if I'm going to use activated charcoal, what time during the day is best to take it?

I like taken the SIBO supplements (Camphosal + herbal antibiotics) directly in the morning on empty stomach. So with that in mind I can't take AC directly in the morning as I used to do earlier. And as I understand you do not want to take it too close to food as it effects the uptake of nutrition.

Take the AC right before sleep?

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans if I'm going to use activated charcoal, what time during the day is best to take it?

I like taken the SIBO supplements (Camphosal + herbal antibiotics) directly in the morning on empty stomach. So with that in mind I can't take AC directly in the morning as I used to do earlier. And as I understand you do not want to take it too close to food as it effects the uptake of nutrition.

Take the AC right before sleep?
I don't think the AC would deactivate the antibacterial things you're using as you're not supposed to absorb it. It's supposed to end up in the colon. I'd take the AC in the morning about 30-60min before my first meal.
When I took it, I had coffee about 5 minutes later and the coffee didn't interfere with its benefits.

Markus

Okay. If you would have to pin point a few things that has been good for your health, what would you say then? Like what thing has helped you so far on your journey to better health.
Focusing on improving liver function and bile flow has probably been the most rewarding.