Healing Power Of Animal Products? Where?

boris

@ursidae At the moment I cook in a pyrex in the oven. I am currently waiting for some VISIONS glass cookware.

5e68fd127266e289b0c4c9c00bd5bbea.jpg

redsun

I eat pickles. I started craving them a lot. What about zinc ororate
And how should I approach vitamin c? It helps not sneeze all day long and breathe through both nostrils

I would take gluconate or sulfate form. Yes you can take vitamin C as well if it helps, not really much of a problem with it.

Vins7

careful with beef bone broth if you have histamine issues. I would maybe cut down on meat temporarily, that's what I did and now I can tolerate more again. I have bacterial overgrowth that I think thrives on sulphur-rich proteins so I'm trying to fix that first. Sometimes you have to eliminate the foods causing issues for a while, take some herbs and heal your gut and then reintroduce. How are you with liver and oysters? It's not the meat itself that's the problem it's just that your gut is messed up and can't digest it properly. Butter can also cause histamine issues too, have you tried tallow?

Just eat the foods you can tolerate and take some herbal supplements like oil of oregano, limit starches
Why is important limiting starches?

LLight

I put lugol's on my face (extremely bad idea) and it gave me severe cystic acne. After that stupid experiment I'm a bit paranoid about its impact on skin, I take one drop from time to time (with selenium). It makes me sleepy and hurts my colon. I was supplemented with fluoride for dental health reasons as a child to the point of developing dental fluorosis

Reminds me this article saying that topical iodine could increase NRF2:
A novel role of topical iodine in skin: Activation of the Nrf2 pathway - PubMed
Would have said that it was more a protective effect than something bad. Not for you :(

Or is it a "detoxification reaction" ?
Nrf2, a master regulator of detoxification and also antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and other cytoprotective mechanisms, is raised by health promoting factors - PubMed
"Nrf2 produces cytoprotection by detoxification mechanisms leading to increased detoxification and excretion of both organic xenobiotics and toxic metals; its action via over two dozen genes increases highly coordinated antioxidant activities; it produces major anti-inflammatory changes; it stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis and otherwise improves mitochondrial function; and it stimulates autophagy, removing toxic protein aggregates and dysfunctional organelles."​

Who knows.

OP
U

ursidae

Reminds me this article saying that topical iodine could increase NRF2:
A novel role of topical iodine in skin: Activation of the Nrf2 pathway - PubMed
Would have said that it was more a protective effect than something bad. Not for you :(

Or is it a "detoxification reaction" ?
Nrf2, a master regulator of detoxification and also antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and other cytoprotective mechanisms, is raised by health promoting factors - PubMed
"Nrf2 produces cytoprotection by detoxification mechanisms leading to increased detoxification and excretion of both organic xenobiotics and toxic metals; its action via over two dozen genes increases highly coordinated antioxidant activities; it produces major anti-inflammatory changes; it stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis and otherwise improves mitochondrial function; and it stimulates autophagy, removing toxic protein aggregates and dysfunctional organelles."​

Who knows.
Could be detox, with all the fluoride in my system I must need this. I browsed an acne forum a lot and many of them reported breaking out in cysts from iodine rich foods.
The first three times I applied it nothing happened to my skin besides that I became VERY sleepy. And the fourth time was a distaster, I guess there was too much of it absorbed into my system

I was reading an acne study posted by amazoniac and this came up:

"Plewig and Klingman (1972) found that with advancing age it was increasingly difficult to provoke follicular pustules with high concentrations of topically applied potassium iodide"

https://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(15)44240-X/pdf

LLight

Could be detox, with all the fluoride in my system I must need this. I browsed an acne forum a lot and many of them reported breaking out in cysts from iodine rich foods.
The first three times I applied it nothing happened to my skin besides that I became VERY sleepy. And the fourth time was a distaster, I guess there was too much of it absorbed into my system

When I took iodine (not everytime, could be dependent on the amount), I experienced cysts on my scalp, around my thyroid, on my chest and if I remember correctly near the pubis too.
I'm not sure what is the reason but I could have ingested too much fluor when I used to eat fluorinated salt.

Could also have experienced the sleepiness you are talking about.

LLight

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ent_and_action_of_human_extrathyroidal_iodine

"The action of extrathyroidal iodine is an important new area of investigation, which might be useful for the study of carcinogenesis, apoptosis, immunity, atherosclerosis, antioxidant function and other neurological and degenerative diseases. The high and persistent I-uptake of aorta and arterial walls explain the antiatherosclerotic activity of iodine"​

Radioiodine uptake in inactive pulmonary tuberculosis - PubMed

"Radioiodine may accumulate at sites of inflammation or infection. We have seen such accumulation in six thyroid cancer patients with a history of previously treated pulmonary tuberculosis."
Could iodine supplementation allow a resolution of past unresolved latent inflammation/infection?
That being said, a lot of people trying iodine supplementation do not necessarily get the promised benefits.

@LeeLemonoil

Last edited:

LLight

By the way, I asked you this question about iodine because you said that you are doing water restriction (not necessarily "consciously") and from my readings I have the impression that this could (via the LXR transcription factor activation) upregulate the sodium/iodide symporter activity. The LXR features some "cross-talk" (downregulating the deiodinase 2 enzymes) with the thyroid receptor. Seems like another way for cells to get their iodine.

Sorry for derailing your thread :):

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

By the way, I asked you this question about iodine because you said that you are doing water restriction (not necessarily "consciously") and from my readings I have the impression that this could (via the LXR transcription factor activation) upregulate the sodium/iodide symporter activity. The LXR features some "cross-talk" (downregulating the deiodinase 2 enzymes) with the thyroid receptor. Seems like another way for cells to get their iodine.

Sorry for derailing your thread :):
Not at all a derail this is very interesting although I’m not educated enough to understand it. Thank you for sharing this

LeeLemonoil

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ent_and_action_of_human_extrathyroidal_iodine

"The action of extrathyroidal iodine is an important new area of investigation, which might be useful for the study of carcinogenesis, apoptosis, immunity, atherosclerosis, antioxidant function and other neurological and degenerative diseases. The high and persistent I-uptake of aorta and arterial walls explain the antiatherosclerotic activity of iodine"​

Radioiodine uptake in inactive pulmonary tuberculosis - PubMed

"Radioiodine may accumulate at sites of inflammation or infection. We have seen such accumulation in six thyroid cancer patients with a history of previously treated pulmonary tuberculosis."
Could iodine supplementation allow a resolution of past unresolved latent inflammation/infection?
That being said, a lot of people trying iodine supplementation do not necessarily get the promised benefits.

@LeeLemonoil

Thanks, highly interesting.

"Could iodine supplementation allow a resolution of past unresolved latent inflammation/infection?"

At least the organism tries to effect something with chanelling iodine to loci of iflammation, cancer, injury. Why is the question or better: to what purpose and with which effects? (And what additional factors influence these effetcs)
We dont know . we long to know. My gut feeling (or maybe just bias) still tells me more nad more ther is something very prial, very basal an very important about Iodines role

Hgreen56

Starship

I'm 1 year on carnivore diet. I eat only a bit of parsley, beef fat, ground beef, beef liver, beef kidney, egg yolks, eggshells. That's all I eat and no issues. I wouldn't mind doing it forever but it seems like it's not the optimal way for longevity for sure.

Nomane Euger

How fresh is the meat you consume,what are the life styles of the animals,what are they fed,how do you cook it?

Starship

How fresh is the meat you consume,what are the life styles of the animals,what are they fed,how do you cook it?
Ground beef isn't fresh. I used to buy grass-fed from farm but now I buy conventional. I buy grass-fed organs online. I just fry it everything with fat of ground beef. I started eating carbohydrates 2 days ago. I was in perfect health for one year of being on carnivore and only switching to carbs since it's healthier. I did feel slightly colder and less energetic on carnivore but I didn't mind it and had no problems with health.

Nomane Euger

Ground beef isn't fresh. I used to buy grass-fed from farm but now I buy conventional. I buy grass-fed organs online. I just fry it everything with fat of ground beef. I started eating carbohydrates 2 days ago. I was in perfect health for one year of being on carnivore and only switching to carbs since it's healthier. I did feel slightly colder and less energetic on carnivore but I didn't mind it and had no problems with health.
i asked the question to the person that made the post,but i do not have disinterest about your answer,my self,i fixed most of my symtoms on carnivore,and by reintroducing carbs,the lonely thing that got better,is thtime to time,with the sweet spot of carbs from honey,wich i have to find out,my nasale air passage get ABSOLUTLY clean to the point where my spells get 5 times higher,and very sensitive,compare to usually,and also i manage to have an exellent sleep,wich was already good on carnivore.

OP
U

ursidae

My only meat right now is fresh wildcaught lean fish- cut into small pieces and steamed quickly- its the least problematic, but I need to limit my intake
The red meat is usually beef. I've noticed worse acne and seb derm from pork. Ground meat seems to produce hormonal jawline acne, doesn't matter the source. The beef-I used to eat the highest quality grassfed I could find and it was sold boiled, then at some point I couldn't afford eating it 3 times a day so I started buying the younger meat (veal) from butcheries. Didn't notice much of a difference. I boiled it, removed the fat and substituted with trusted sources of fat. I got more and more repulsed by it over time, I think it was due to the iron content, my iron levels are more than adequate and I suspect I need to be borderline anemic to keep my skin less inflamed. A vegan lifestyle with a little bit of low iron fish used to keep my acne under control. The problem was it took me 3 hours to fall asleep, no mental focus and my hair started falling out
shellfish- when I eat oysters they're fresh, I used to eat raw but now I steam them.
I eat shrimp occasionally- usually fresh but sometimes frozen. Steamed or boiled. I haven't checked but I think those are usually wild caught

I've been supplementing salt and taking zinc gluconate. Still looking for a good copper supplement. Too soon to tell if there's a difference, but I'll report back if it improves

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

I just want to point that if you had the chance to eat freshly sacrificed chicken, pork, lamb, turkey etc. the taste of that does not even compare to stored/refrigerated meat.
And then what the animal ate also change the taste, what breed of chicken, etc.

Nomane Euger

did you ever experienced Grass fed beef or lamb,wich was on pasture,slaughtered in the past days?meat than have been aged three weeks give me diarrea,meat than has been slaughter recently,from pasture raised animals,lamb or beef,liver,ground beef,and especifically heart,make me feel awesome,you absorb the vital force of the animal.in which quantity do you eat meat?did you try,very gently cook,and even sear on the outside and raw in the middle?

Nomane Euger

I just want to point that if you had the chance to eat freshly sacrificed chicken, pork, lamb, turkey etc. the taste of that does not even compare to stored/refrigerated meat.
And then what the animal ate also change the taste, what breed of chicken, etc.
Yes,ofc,grass feed lamb/veal liver that has been slaughtered a day or 2 ago,is purple,with a lot of red tintes on it,As red as a ruby(not an exageration),it taste like milk,and make you feel like the best man on earth,instant cognitive enhancement.grrass fed liver from a beef slaughter 5 days ago,or a week,is dark purple,no RED shining life power on it,tast like barne,not enjoyable.

Gustav3Y

I never had anything freshly sacrificed from cows.
But yeah the colors, taste and reactions are quite different from old stuff.
But I had many years sacrificed chicken and eaten immediately as the dish was done (a couple of hours after sacrification) but even there are various chicken breeds, ages, different feeding, all can be felt in the final taste.
Some of the ground beef from stores feels like the worst thing possible, from smell, color to taste, impossible to eat, I am not sure how certain stores even carry such products and how people buy them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals