Granular activated charcoal

June

Where can I buy this where it is marketed for human consumption? I asked a company that sells food grade for fish tanks but they said it would be an irritant to intestines since they are chunks of AC. Is this true? I took powder form for 2 days but I was still pooping black grey stool after 2 weeks. I think it stuck to intestinal walls.

EvanHinkle

Where can I buy this where it is marketed for human consumption? I asked a company that sells food grade for fish tanks but they said it would be an irritant to intestines since they are chunks of AC. Is this true? I took powder form for 2 days but I was still pooping black grey stool after 2 weeks. I think it stuck to intestinal walls.
I’ve used just about every size granular that I’ve been able to find and never experienced anything other than slower transit. Of course that’s just me personal experience.

If you’re concerned about it irritating the intestines physically you could always try an anti-histamine a day or two later to calm any such irritation.

Also, I wonder if the powder stuck to your intestines or if you have a very slow transit time? Have you ruled out slow transit?

OP
J

June

I’ve used just about every size granular that I’ve been able to find and never experienced anything other than slower transit. Of course that’s just me personal experience.

If you’re concerned about it irritating the intestines physically you could always try an anti-histamine a day or two later to calm any such irritation.

Also, I wonder if the powder stuck to your intestines or if you have a very slow transit time? Have you ruled out slow transit?

Oh yeah, slow transit is a given for me. But 2 weeks seems extremely long. I thought at most a week maybe? The last time it all flushed out was when i took castor oil and drank two bottles of water. Since castor oil draws water into intestines like a laxative, i figured the water must hv washed the sides too. Cause my next session, not a speck of black. Where did you buy your products?

OP
J

June

I need an activated charcoal that will not be processed by the liver. I wonder if these would disintegrate into a fine powder once ingested.

F81780B9-9889-4414-98F2-C26879EB8344.jpeg

EvanHinkle

I need an activated charcoal that will not be processed by the liver. I wonder if these would disintegrate into a fine powder once ingested.

View attachment 49449
Probably, I would assume stomach acid would break these tablets up.

I use belle chemical typically. I like their charcoal powder. For a granular I’ve ordered off Amazon in bulk.

OP
J

June

Probably, I would assume stomach acid would break these tablets up.

I use belle chemical typically. I like their charcoal powder. For a granular I’ve ordered off Amazon in bulk.
If you don't mind sharing Amazon source through here or PM..that would be awesome!

EvanHinkle

Thank you! I was also browsing this beforehand and wondered… how do you dose it? Does it matter if it’s not “food grade?”
Ideally it’d be good grade, but I admit that I’ve found it difficult to fine larger particle that’s labeled USP, (easy to find the powder typically though).

For me personally I’ve always liked two tablespoons-infrequently-when I feel an endotoxin reaction, (I have some threads elsewhere in the forum where I detailed “curing” my long-time dermatitis with three times daily charcoal use for a few weeks).

OP
J

June

Ideally it’d be good grade, but I admit that I’ve found it difficult to fine larger particle that’s labeled USP, (easy to find the powder typically though).

For me personally I’ve always liked two tablespoons-infrequently-when I feel an endotoxin reaction, (I have some threads elsewhere in the forum where I detailed “curing” my long-time dermatitis with three times daily charcoal use for a few weeks).
This is super helpful! I gonna hunt down your posts . Thanks again. :):

Happycat

I have some granular activated charcoal that is sold for pets, to sprinkle on their food if they get gassy
I have taken a tablespoon at a time but haven't felt that it absorbed any toxins, just didn't feel any effect from it.

OP
J

June

I have some granular activated charcoal that is sold for pets, to sprinkle on their food if they get gassy
I have taken a tablespoon at a time but haven't felt that it absorbed any toxins, just didn't feel any effect from it.
This is a bit disappointing to hear :( Seems to work for some and not for others. I wonder if certain types/brands make a difference. Where did you acquire yours? I also wonder if the size of granulars matter. Can we grind it down further for effectiveness?

Happycat

This is a bit disappointing to hear :( Seems to work for some and not for others. I wonder if certain types/brands make a difference. Where did you acquire yours? I also wonder if the size of granulars matter. Can we grind it down further for effectiveness?

I bought mine from a pet shop in UK, can't find a link tor it anymore. It looks like instant coffee granules, the chunky one.

I have tried to grind it down once and found it too messy, but I guess it might work better as a powder, as the surface area of absorption is increased.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals