Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

youngsinatra

can you counter vitamin A excess by not supplementing it, and taking more vitamin d3
I don‘t know exactly!

I think that there is some evidence that vitamin D can lower vitamin A stores in the liver. That’s what Morley Robbins and co. always quote in their work, but I need to find the actual study.

But I‘ve also read that vitamin A‘s effect on bone resorption and increased serum calcium in people with hypervitaminosis A is directly caused by vitamin A and without the action of PTH and 1,25D - so this is bad news in my opinion. PTH is actually often really low in hypervitaminosis A case studies.

tallglass13

I don‘t know exactly!
I think that there is some evidence that vitamin D can lower vitamin A stores in the liver. That’s what Morley Robbins and co. always quote in their work, but I need to find the actual study.
But I‘ve also read that vitamin A‘s effect on bone resorption and increased serum calcium in people with hypervitaminosis A is directly caused by vitamin A and without the action of PTH and 1,25D - so this is bad news in my opinion. PTH is actually often really low in hypervitaminosis A case studies.

tallglass13

Hi,
Can anyone add to the Vit D , and it possibly reducing Vit A. Ray keeps telling me I have a Vit D deficiency after explaining my symptoms. I asked him about VA toxicity and he said Grant Genereux's book have no scientific basis for his VA doctrine. How can this be? VA toxicity is a real issue. However Ray believes that only after 100,000 IU monthly can produce this. Maybe his Vit D recommendations have some real merit. But Grant was able to bring his D up without supplementation or sun exposure, just Ultra low VA diet.
I am seeing great results on Low A diet. Just wondering if using D3 will expedite the healing. Danny Just did a new article on how wonderful D3 is. Please let me know if anyone has any insight on supplemental D3. Thanks

youngsinatra

22952A00-541F-49FB-8A17-0D3AA6E8A0F8.jpeg

1A24A5C3-BD10-42C2-8AC4-A22F52B852B8.jpeg

youngsinatra

I personally got off vitamin D for 2-3 weeks or so and I feel better in combination with a low vitamin A diet.
I always get tense muscles and feel irritable after 1-2 days of using vitamin D3 again. (even topically)

My current protocol for dealing with excess vitamin A is a diet based on peeled white potatoes (2kg a day), lean ground beef (800g), fresh mandarine juice (1.5L), mineral water and abundant amounts of coffee and salt.

Supplement-wise I only take high amounts of B1, vitamin E and glycine at the moment.

maillol

Hi,
Can anyone add to the Vit D , and it possibly reducing Vit A. Ray keeps telling me I have a Vit D deficiency after explaining my symptoms. I asked him about VA toxicity and he said Grant Genereux's book have no scientific basis for his VA doctrine. How can this be? VA toxicity is a real issue. However Ray believes that only after 100,000 IU monthly can produce this. Maybe his Vit D recommendations have some real merit. But Grant was able to bring his D up without supplementation or sun exposure, just Ultra low VA diet.
I am seeing great results on Low A diet. Just wondering if using D3 will expedite the healing. Danny Just did a new article on how wonderful D3 is. Please let me know if anyone has any insight on supplemental D3. Thanks
I found vitamin D helpful but I think it was making my hair thin so I stopped. Recently I've realised how useful salt is. It's needed to make bile which is used to excrete vitamin A.

Jam

I personally got off vitamin D for 2-3 weeks or so and I feel better in combination with a low vitamin A diet.
I always get tense muscles and feel irritable after 1-2 days of using vitamin D3 again. (even topically)

My current protocol for dealing with excess vitamin A is a diet based on peeled white potatoes (2kg a day), lean ground beef (800g), fresh mandarine juice (1.5L), mineral water and abundant amounts of coffee and salt.

Supplement-wise I only take high amounts of B1, vitamin E and glycine at the moment.
You do realize clementines are loaded with vitamin A yes?

Jam

Cronometer suggests like 400-500 IU of vitamin A per liter.
I get 2500 IU for 5 clementines, the amount required for a large glass of freshly squeezed juice.

Daniil

Personally, I count 1 mcg of any carotenoids in my mind = 1 mcg of retinol. I don't think carotenoid conversion factors make much sense. This makes the diet even more strict.

They took my favorite cherry!

Apple

white potatoes (2kg a day),
Ggenereux mentioned that potatoes are high in formaldehyde. I guess that's the reason he prefers rice.

Foods Known to Contain Naturally Occurring Formaldehyde
Level (mg/kg)
Apple 6.3 – 22.3
Apricot 9.5
Banana 16.3
Beetroot 35
Bulb vegetables (e.g. onion) 11.0
Cabbage 5.3
Carrot 6.7 – 10
Cauliflower 26.9
Cucumber 2.3 – 3.7
Grape 22.4
Green Onion 13.3 – 26.3
Kohlrabi 31
Pear 38.7 – 60
Plum 11.2
Potato 19.5
Spinach 3.3 – 7.3
Tomato 5.7 – 13.3
Water-melon 9.2
White Radish 3.7 – 4.4

Apple

What may be problematic with formaldehyde?
I'm just quoting what he said :
"But, please be aware that potatoes are also quite high in formaldehyde. So, eventually, potatoes will contribute to depleting alcohol dehydrogenase enzymes. That’s one of the enzymes is used to neutralize retinoic acid too."

Hermes

Okay, so it's a good idea to restrict formaldehyde in order to not overly burden the body with the excretion of retinol. I especially like kohlrabi which is listed to contain 31 mg formaldehyde. Too bad.

Dr. B

why glycine instead of gelatin?
isnt your diet 0 calcium with this setup?

I found vitamin D helpful but I think it was making my hair thin so I stopped. Recently I've realised how useful salt is. It's needed to make bile which is used to excrete vitamin A.

what salt do you use and how do you know it was vitamin D, youre sure it was D? no other supplement diet changes when hair thinned? apparently even too much EMF can cause hair loss

Ggenereux mentioned that potatoes are high in formaldehyde. I guess that's the reason he prefers rice.

Foods Known to Contain Naturally Occurring Formaldehyde
Level (mg/kg)
Apple 6.3 – 22.3
Apricot 9.5
Banana 16.3
Beetroot 35
Bulb vegetables (e.g. onion) 11.0
Cabbage 5.3
Carrot 6.7 – 10
Cauliflower 26.9
Cucumber 2.3 – 3.7
Grape 22.4
Green Onion 13.3 – 26.3
Kohlrabi 31
Pear 38.7 – 60
Plum 11.2
Potato 19.5
Spinach 3.3 – 7.3
Tomato 5.7 – 13.3
Water-melon 9.2
White Radish 3.7 – 4.4

good stuff mate, so animal products should lack it, what about coconut water, pomegranate/juice, orange juice, dates, figs, bananna, pineapple?

Damn! Take all but not my beloved OJ :D

the OJ could be a lot less in vitamin A then clementine, also would pasteurizing/heating the OJ reduce beta carotene further?
i think mangoes are high in beta carotene too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals