Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

5a-DHP

Why should I stop if I get estrogenic symptoms, is that a bad thing
You must be new here.
If you subscribe to the model of cell biology described by Ray Peat, then yes, an excess of estrogen is bad. Very bad. However, there exists numerous prevalent doctors in the HRT field who promote estrogen as neuroprotective, cardioprotective, etc, so it's up to you to do your research and decide on which side you want to align with.
I generally align with Peat's views on estrogen, though there's signifinalty more nuance to the issue than this forum likes to portray.

Coltcool

I`d wait for you to stabilize, right now you are likely on the crash, and you wanna be sure natural healing wouldn't happen for you before you start messing around and live in regret of what would have happened otherwise (there is a 50% chance you get even more screwed up). I recall seeing many changes through time while on the crash (T sunk and then came back, DHT rose and sunk, etc). I have no data to back it up, but from what I read it seems folks that crash after a few pills are more likely to recover fast.

try to focus on gaining some life quality back and learning to live with this new condition in the mean time (sleep with auto hypnosis/meditation, your best diet, quit panic attacks (CBD can help in my exp), do some sports, work on cognition, etc). There are brave folks who have overcome this stage of yours and are currently trying these methods on themselves, so be sure that if either turns out to be the cure, you will know in 3 months.

I know it is the most frustrating thing in the world losing your old self, but remember that despite being awesome reading recovery stories, there is no cure for us up to now. and what works for one usually does not work for the rest and All these drugs listed here have been used at length (at least, separately). So waiting and knowing your baseline I'd say is the best for now IMO
I was thinking about taking something to help me sleep like Cyproheptadine, is that okay

Coltcool

Indeed, if you look at that website you will get the impression that no one ever recovers and that it's all hopeless. @Coltcool Please stay away from that website, I mean it. I have recovered about 70% so far and have left that site for good, without ever posting a follow-up because of how toxic that place is to anyone who claims to experience improvement.

You have to calm down. I realize you're going through some very unpleasant things right now but you are not the only one who has experienced this, and a lot of people have recovered. The thing is that when someone gets better, they rarely come back and tell about it, they just go about living their lives as before. That is why it seems that there aren't many of these stories around.

You must first wait for the dutasteride to leave your system completely. This will take some weeks. I'm sure you will get better even with time. Once you have been clean off dut for a few months, you can look at some of the therapies here if you are still not feeling normal.
So your suggesting that I wait months for dut to leave my body, I took it for 2 months, which means it should last in my body for years ))))): What should I do I'm so scared and I can't sleep and have constant anxiety, I just want to feel productive and do something you know.

Coltcool

Yup, in the same boat as you. I trusted the advice of "just wait" on propeciahelp but that was a big mistake.

If you don't recover from PFS after 6 months, it's time to take action.

Meanwhile I also wasted 5 years doing nothing besides gym, eating healthy and trying a couple of supplements. Time to get serious and begin PCT, etc.
Should I really wait 6 months, I've been suffering for only 2 weeks and its been unbearable.

Coltcool

There's several theories on the shrinkage and it's likely a conglomeration of multiple factors, all of which repair with LH.

Early on in pfs, our body's nervous system are thrown out of whack. We've all had anxiety issues and sleep Issues. You've probably never been almost attacked by a lion, but if you were about to be attacked and had that fight or flight cortisol & adrenaline dump and thought to look down at your penis, it'd be shrunk. Now imagine that 24 hours a day. Again, I’m trying to point out a portion of the overall issue.

LH is responsible for creating many neurosteroids that the blood tests don’t properly show. These have to be in the brain to work.

2nd, the androgen receptors were damaged or down regulated. The penile skin is loaded with ARs which is why it feels different during sexual arousal and why, during pfs, it feels like rubber or the same type of skin as touching your forearm. These receptors need both estrogen and dht to respond and function, both hormones we’ve thrown out of whack with 5ari. @gord those are two reasons I believe cause the shrinkage and has reversed for me.

@John W i did not have waves like that. So far, it definitely appears everyone’s different as you’re seeing results sooner than I did but others have reported good improvements in some areas while none in others. I can’t recall any saying good improvements in some and bad in others. But you’re still very early and I’m hoping you have more better days than bad, while those bad days disappear soon enough.

Just to reiterate to all, you don’t have to worry about hcg shutting you down or use more products to cycle off hcg. Dr Gordon did another video, YouTube search asc episode 11 & he again describes that Lh is responsible for like 30 steroids in the brain. No one knows where each of our starting points are.
How long does the crash typically last

Coltcool

I can’t sleep for days and it’s being taking such a mental toll, what can I do to sleep? I tried chamomile tea, but I still found it hard to sleep

Coltcool

I don’t know if I can live through this. I am completely unable to sleep for days. I’ve tried everything. Now I have horrible ringing in my ears that doesn’t stop and tremors that shake me to sleep when I do happen to fall asleep for 30-50mins

I don’t know if I can live through this. I am completely unable to sleep for days. I’ve tried everything. Now I have horrible ringing in my ears that doesn’t stop and tremors that shake me to sleep when I do happen to fall asleep for 30-50mins

Valerian root and lemon balm can be helpful in calming down the nervous system. High doses of taurine can also lower your stress hormones to the point where you fall asleep. And, personally, P5P (activated B6) makes me drowsy as well.

Consider something more pharma like benadryl or cypro if the above doesn't work as well.

Coltcool

Valerian root and lemon balm can be helpful in calming down the nervous system. High doses of taurine can also lower your stress hormones to the point where you fall asleep. And, personally, P5P (activated B6) makes me drowsy as well.

Consider something more pharma like benadryl or cypro if the above doesn't work as well.
I’ve done Benadryl, but it made me anxious and made me really tired to the point where I couldn’t open my eyes, but I still couldn’t sleep and just laid there,

vetbusd

@Coltcool really sad to see you suffering like this.
Remember not to lose hope, you havent "tried everything" since its been only 2 weeks. You probably feel like this due to your hormones, its not actually uncurable.
You will feel better again, just keep at it.

Jayvee

ah ***t forgot about Valerian root. That stuff can be good. Taurine is really good and helps with flushing the drug out your system. What dose of Benadryl did you try?

sladerunner69

Hi, I just crashed 2 weeks ago and want to quickly work to fix this. You mentioned that you think if you started earlier you would have better results. Could you please please tell me what you would do if you were in my case with the knowledge that you have now?

Yes Please PM me. I would first get my diet in order and never eat anything inflammatory or even a little bit hard on your digestion. No alcohol, no wheat, etc. No pufa of course. Look up @Hans alpha male energy course, it isn't cheap but it is worth it IMO especially if you are new to the dieting ideas around here. I went through course last fall and learned a few things that led to improvements I didn't realize I still had to make. Diet should be your top priority, I know several guys who have recoverred on diet alone.

After dieting and taking natural vitamins and supplements for a few months, you should had improved enough to call in the ehavy artillery, or the R-andro. Androhard gel is good stuff as well, I have used both. Or you could even use idealab's androsterone in large doses. A 6-8week cycle of androsterone will help your naturall DHT system to get back on track, as it is a self-recipricating hormone. Once you have compelted that, go back to being all natural with nothing but supplemented and herbs for a couple months, and repeat. Some guys have to do this 5 times or more before they feel fully recoverred. Other guys don't respond well to androsterone and ahve to approach their issues a different way. At that point you could try low dosage HCG injections (which wouldnt be a bad idea to take even with the androsterone) or taking something like the mifepristone or some of the other strange treatments that guys have had success with. The most common and effective treatment by far, however, is androsterone cycling, which CDnut's popularized (you can read his recs over at swolesource.com, though I disagree with some of his dietting methods).

Cooper

Guys, here is a bit strange question but it is so important for me to understand my root issue. I am trying to find if my whole body, epithelial tissue got some AR damage or not.

Anyone here experiences numb scalp?

Yesterday i realized my scalp feels numb. I had acne growing up and i had this twitch, i would run my fingers around my scalp and scratch it with my fingernails a lot.. Really a lot.

I remember the satisfying feeling of scratching and the sensitivity of my scalp when i run my fingers around... I did that a lot because it would feel so good and sensitive...

Now it feels %50 numb. No good feeling of oversensivity on the scratch area, nor i can feel it much when i run my fingers around. In other forums PFS cases mention this, i think nearly everyone here have this problem.

My only question is, to the recovered or greatly improved people here, did the scalp insensivity also heal back? Does it feel more sensitive now? I need to know this.

Please guys run your fingers around your scalp, and scratch it with your fingernails, try to remember how sensitive it felt before PFS....

Thanks.

Jayvee

I think like 15ml

That seems very high. You don’t want to do too much, I’ve only really done Cyproheptadine so I know how to work with doses for that, Benadryl is slightly weaker but I still think that is too much. I think too much can have the opposite desired effect. With Cyproheptadine it’s typically dosed between 0.5 - 2mg (0.5-1mg for long term use)

Jayvee

Also I feel like my mood and sanity are getting worse like I feel more aggressive today and unstable. This isn’t me....

Yep
Will the brain fog ever go away? It’s hard for me to read and remember things.

the memory issue is really frustrating! it will subside massively. It’s definitely worth writing things down. Things that are helpful, things that are not helpful etc... my life has been post it notes everywhere since PFS and only now after being on the ‘right path’ am I starting to need them less. As JoeKool alluded to in an earlier post... it’s like being chased by a lion, the bodies stress response doesn’t prioritise memory, sexual function etc and only once you leave a stressed state do they things start to come back. You need to take a weird ****88 up comfort in Knowing your symptoms are normal (to someone who has gone through what we have)... Just do everything you can to make it as comfortable and relaxed as you can

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals