Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome

Jayvee

Hey, when you said what’s your diet like, what should I be eating and not eating?

Well as you are in a stressed state then fruit juice, sugar and or icecream might be helpful I’m bringing down stress hormones along with adequate salt intake (start at 1g a day and work upwards slowly).

You just need to find what agrees with you. I’ve been told multiple times that calcium is a must for restoring hormonal function (including ray himself) and recently discovered that A2 milk (goat, A2 cows, sheep’s, buffalo etc) is better as it has less opioids and should help to keep prolactin down. Switch to decaf coffee (if you are a coffee drinker) as that might exacerbate stress hormones. Fats might be useful, I find butter good. Fruit is a must in my opinion and I find potassium runs out quickly in a PFS state so keeping that up is helpful. I would seriously look at getting Chamomile tea (it tastes horrible) have a few before bed and mix it with some honey that should help keep your body well fed and cortisol slightly down (it did me anyway). You are gonna have to ride this out a bit so do everything you can to make your nights as comfortable and stress free as possible. Lifestyle and good habits are nearly just as helpful!

A few things that helped me: Foot soaks, chamomile tea, binaural beats, nature programmes, reading a book, hot showers, minimal excercise, red light therapy, Cyproheptadine...

Coltcool

Well as you are in a stressed state then fruit juice, sugar and or icecream might be helpful I’m bringing down stress hormones along with adequate salt intake (start at 1g a day and work upwards slowly).

You just need to find what agrees with you. I’ve been told multiple times that calcium is a must for restoring hormonal function (including ray himself) and recently discovered that A2 milk (goat, A2 cows, sheep’s, buffalo etc) is better as it has less opioids and should help to keep prolactin down. Switch to decaf coffee (if you are a coffee drinker) as that might exacerbate stress hormones. Fats might be useful, I find butter good. Fruit is a must in my opinion and I find potassium runs out quickly in a PFS state so keeping that up is helpful. I would seriously look at getting Chamomile tea (it tastes horrible) have a few before bed and mix it with some honey that should help keep your body well fed and cortisol slightly down (it did me anyway). You are gonna have to ride this out a bit so do everything you can to make your nights as comfortable and stress free as possible. Lifestyle and good habits are nearly just as helpful!

A few things that helped me: Foot soaks, chamomile tea, binaural beats, nature programmes, reading a book, hot showers, minimal excercise, red light therapy, Cyproheptadine...
Thank you so much again! I’m going to try some of these things out! Right now I’m trying to get an appointment with the Mayo Clinic for some help so I’m keeping my hopes high!

Jayvee

Thank you so much again! I’m going to try some of these things out! Right now I’m trying to get an appointment with the Mayo Clinic for some help so I’m keeping my hopes high!

I don’t know what the Mayo clinic is like. Be great if they can offer anymore insight. I would strongly recommend using this
Ray Peat Search And searching ‘DHT‘ ‘Finasteride’ ‘5ar blockers‘, it might provide a bit of background knowledge going into any appointment you have.

Coltcool

I don’t know what the Mayo clinic is like. Be great if they can offer anymore insight. I would strongly recommend using this
Ray Peat Search And searching ‘DHT‘ ‘Finasteride’ ‘5ar blockers‘, it might provide a bit of background knowledge going into any appointment you have.
Thank you! Also, my head feels like its on fire did that happen to you guys like it's super hot, but not to the touch.

Coltcool

I can't sleep for the life of me. Does anyone have any advice, I take melatonin and a Magnesium vitamin before bed, but I still don't fall asleep.

Jayvee

I just got tinnitus feel like killing myself

Are you using google for health advice? if so, don’t, it will lead you down the wrong path (healthline, propeciahelp, Reddit etc). Neither of the things you have taken will help you during this part of your recovery. Magnesium is useful but it’s not going to put you to sleep.

Coltcool

I took Benadryl hours ago and it made me very tired, but horribly affected my mind. I got super anxious, images rushing in my mind, felt cold, hard to breathe.

Jayvee

I took Benadryl hours ago and it made me very tired, but horribly affected my mind. I got super anxious, images rushing in my mind, felt cold, hard to breathe.

how much did you take? If it doesn’t work for you then don’t take it and you should normalise quick enough. If it works then you should feel relaxed and your mind shouldn’t be racing as much. Did you take it with anything else? Melatonin? They wouldn’t work well together I don’t think.

Coltcool

how much did you take? If it doesn’t work for you then don’t take it and you should normalise quick enough. If it works then you should feel relaxed and your mind shouldn’t be racing as much. Did you take it with anything else? Melatonin? They wouldn’t work well together I don’t think.
I don’t think I took it with melatonin. I really feel like giving up. After taking it my tremors kinda came back. It feels like it’s never going to get better and I keep having headaches

Coltcool

I think it also depends on how we're gauging "100%" or "cured".

Is someone cured if they feel fine, but not exactly how they felt before using Fin? What if they had PFS for years and it's unrealistic to feel exactly how they did 4+ years prior without the aid of supplements due to the simple reality of aging? If Joe were on exogenous hormones to feel normal, I think there'd be justification to question his recovery.

But Vitamin D? I've taken it for over 10 years, it's a standard thing I believe everyone should supplement. Magnesium is another common one. If I had discovered Glycine and Taurine before PFS, I probably would've made regular use out of them as well.

Admittedly, I was probably 60% before PFS, 5-15% during and while recovering, and probably 80-95% as a result of the knowledge I've gained in understanding hormones, neurotransmitters, etc. after using Fin.
Hi, what did you do to get better? I’m just now dealing with this and am seriously struggling.

Jayvee

I don’t think I took it with melatonin. I really feel like giving up. After taking it my tremors kinda came back. It feels like it’s never going to get better and I keep having headaches

Okay, avoid taking that at least for now, it’s massively dose dependant, it has a relatively short half life so nothing to worry about there. L-Theanine would be my next ‘go to’ safe supplement that helped me calm down. If you are struggling psychologically with the aspects then it might be helpful to find someone to talk to. I’m working with someone at the moment and just being able to talk to someone who understands what you are going through helps to process things. It’s a multi way approach. Switching off you stress system is the very best thing you can do right now (Easier said that done I know), your best chance of quick recovery is to not burn yourself out further with stress. The difficulty you have is that your brain and body are working against you as you have nothing to properly regulate your stressed Parasympathetic nervous system. The tinnitus will go away by the way! You also probably feel hopeless but that’s because you lack the appropriate nuerostransmitters that make you feel calm and at ease... They too will come back. You are doing well, just hold on and be strong, if you can get through this you can get through anything, if no one else in your life understands what you are going through I’m sure everyone on here does.

Have you tried chamomile tea with a large dose of honey? Try get 3 of them in before bed and a 1g of theanine. Along with whatever else relaxes you. No fap is important too. When I first got symptoms I just wanted to keep feeling down stairs because it felt so numb and that just added to my stress. The numbness is a stress response so you need to mitigate that in any way you can.

Coltcool

Could be indeed. Briefly I'll knock up timeline:

December 2019 started this:
Summary of his cycle is:
3 months on test (12 weeks call it, not sure on the ester)
PCT:
First day 300 mg clomid. Then 100 mg for the rest of the first two weeks, 50mg on the third week, and no clomid on last week.
20mg tamoxifen daily for the four weeks
3000iu hcg the first day of the four weeks and then about 250-300iu every othe day for the four weeks.

Mid-Feb 2020 did this:
Day1 - 300mg clomid, 20mg nolva, 3000iu HCG
Rest of week 1 - 100mg clomid ED, 20mg nolva ED, 250-300iu HCG EOD
Week 2 - 100mg clomid ED, 20mg nolva ED, 250-300iu HCG EOD
Week 3 - 50mg clomid ED, 20mg nolva ED, 250-300iu HCG EOD
Week 4 - 20mg nolva ED, 250-300iu HCG EOD

Waited a couple months but no snapback. A user FuckedNoMore recovered after this very cycle - as close as I can tell, he swore it was the PCT:

I logged it all, so trust that over my memory, but ups and downs until I remember being on the bus and there was a DEFINITE upswing going on. It was small but it was SOMETHING.

Did big dose Saint John's Wort before the summer for a few weeks. Improvements but no miracles.

July 2020 started proviron cycle as per Pal's in all ways. No miracle heal after the 7 weeks but looking over my logs sleep got cemented in. Suicide ideation was HUGE though. Motivation was in the shitter. In fact the suicide thing was enormous. Now I'm thinking about it I don't like to think about it. I'd do it again though now I know the type of animal it is.

Now HCG as per Joe (thanks Joe :) ) although upped to 300iu MWF with the Vit D3 200iu 2x/week. Improved either because of cumulative effect or my dose is "right". Either way things are going on. :)
How are you doing now?

Coltcool

Yes I have tried and done many things over the years. My finasteride crash happened in 2011 when I was 18. The past year I have done 3, 2 month long cycles of androsterone, using either R-andro or androhard gel. These cycles both led to physical improvements and brought my erections back to near full strength. They also helped fix my anxiety, which had been driving me crazy for years. I had never been able to calm down or relax since taking finasteride, and andro fixed that. My mental/cognitive function still had a long way to go after the androsterone, and in fact, the andro may have made my brain fog slightly worse. The last cycle I also included a product called super 4-andro which is a testosterone prohormone. That increased my energy and motivation a lot but I don't know if it did much for me long term. Testosterone is supposedly therapeutic for demyelination (which I suspect is my problem stemming from a lack of neurosteroids). I should point out also that I started following Ray Peat's diet advice beginning in 2013 which included drinking a lot of coffee and taking aromatase inhibitors and such. This improved me enough to function relatively normally at the time. Unfortunately, I told myself I would recover eventually on that style of diet, but it was never truly enough and I wish I would have tried harder to find solutions sooner. If I would have started taking things like androhard, thyroid, dhea and HCG much sooner, I don't think I would still be stuck with these difficult side effects almost 10 years on. Just remember to never stop fighting, everything is beatable.
Hi, I just crashed 2 weeks ago and want to quickly work to fix this. You mentioned that you think if you started earlier you would have better results. Could you please please tell me what you would do if you were in my case with the knowledge that you have now?

vetbusd

Really good stuff Jayvee, thanks for sharing.
Im going back to the basics, lowering stress:

Morning:
Coffee
Orange Juice
Lunch:
Milk
Beef (or Liver) + Gelatin (Cooked in coconut? Or butter) with good amount of salt
Dinner:
Carrots + coconut oil salad
Milk
Steak

going to bring down the stimulants to a minimum. No more drinking , a footbath and redlight should be a nicer alternative .
1617448504812.png

Coltcool

Really good stuff Jayvee, thanks for sharing.
Im going back to the basics, lowering stress:

Morning:
Coffee
Orange Juice
Lunch:
Milk
Beef (or Liver) + Gelatin (Cooked in coconut? Or butter) with good amount of salt
Dinner:
Carrots + coconut oil salad
Milk
Steak

going to bring down the stimulants to a minimum. No more drinking , a footbath and redlight should be a nicer alternative .
View attachment 22495
Thank you! Should I be hopping onto taking hgc or something?

vetbusd

Thank you! Should I be hopping onto taking hgc or something?
Hey bro,
my message wasnt intented for you, just sharing what im attempting currently. Ive only recently started peating so I dont feel qualified giving you any advice.
Regardless, I wish you the best in your journey :)

Coltcool

Hey bro,
my message wasnt intented for you, just sharing what im attempting currently. Ive only recently started peating so I dont feel qualified giving you any advice.
Regardless, I wish you the best in your journey :)
Lol hey sorry?
Thanks for sharing! Also what’s peating mean?

Coltcool

FWIW, here was my prolactin before HCG:

View attachment 19504

Prolactin after one month of 500iu EOD:

View attachment 19503

Prolactin after four months of 500iu EOD:

View attachment 19502

Prolactin six months post-HCG:

View attachment 19501

Prolactin nine months post-HCG

View attachment 19507

Prolactin one year post-HCG:

View attachment 19506

Moral of the story: HCG is extremely estrogenic, and estrogen is directly correlated with prolactin. Don't use 500iu EOD, get your bloodwork to check estradiol + prolactin, and stop if you get estrogenic symptoms.
Why should I stop if I get estrogenic symptoms, is that a bad thing

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals