Evaluating the effects of hormone supplementation

Dean

I've been experimenting with small amounts of progest-e and DHEA for a few weeks. I added pregnenolone to the mix about a week ago. Right now, I'm doing 5 mg of DHEA x 3, with some progest-e and 30 mg of pregnenolone with the 3rd dose of DHEA, at night.

I guess I'm wondering what it is I should be looking for in terms of effects as to whether to stop, continue, or increase dose(s). My main concern would be increasing estrogen. The instructions that come with progest-e caution about a small dose raising estrogen, but those instructions are tailored to women. Is that a relevant concern for men, as well?

I think I have noticed some subtle benefits. I feel warmer. My sleep has improved (until the last couple nights, at least) after I'd really gotten thrown off when my experimentation with cyproheptadine went awry. Nothing major though, positive or negative.

How long should you stay on a particular dose before deciding adjustments need to be made? I know I'm topped out on the DHEA amount. I've tried taking a little more progest-e, a few times--which seems to cause a bit of short term tension in my head, around my temples. Not a big deal, in terms of dealing with it. It's hard to measure exactly how much progest-e, I'm taking due to the way it comes out of the dropper. Thinking maybe a should try a significantly larger dose once or for a few days to see what happens.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dean said:
post 103379 I've been experimenting with small amounts of progest-e and DHEA for a few weeks. I added pregnenolone to the mix about a week ago. Right now, I'm doing 5 mg of DHEA x 3, with some progest-e and 30 mg of pregnenolone with the 3rd dose of DHEA, at night.

I guess I'm wondering what it is I should be looking for in terms of effects as to whether to stop, continue, or increase dose(s). My main concern would be increasing estrogen. The instructions that come with progest-e caution about a small dose raising estrogen, but those instructions are tailored to women. Is that a relevant concern for men, as well?

I think I have noticed some subtle benefits. I feel warmer. My sleep has improved (until the last couple nights, at least) after I'd really gotten thrown off when my experimentation with cyproheptadine went awry. Nothing major though, positive or negative.

How long should you stay on a particular dose before deciding adjustments need to be made? I know I'm topped out on the DHEA amount. I've tried taking a little more progest-e, a few times--which seems to cause a bit of short term tension in my head, around my temples. Not a big deal, in terms of dealing with it. It's hard to measure exactly how much progest-e, I'm taking due to the way it comes out of the dropper. Thinking maybe a should try a significantly larger dose once or for a few days to see what happens.

You can do blood tests for prolactin. It should go down as estrogen in tissues goes down. There are some blood tests for metabolites of DHT such as ADG and even androstenediol.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals