Prostrate Problems From DHEA/pregnenolone?

People with Cushing syndrome tend to overproduce cortisol from ANY source their cells can get access to, so supplementation with pregnenolone or progesterone can feed the cortisol production even more. It has not been proven definitively, but there are studies showing women getting temporary Cushing syndrome from excessive synthetic progestins. The synthetic progestins do NOT have the same activity as progesterone so take that with a huge grain of salt.
For a person with Cushing, DHEA is probably a much safer supplement considering DHEA antagonizes cortisol activity in every type of cell (but especially so in bone, muscle and brain) and also inhibits new cortisol syntehsis by inhibiting 11b-HSD1.

i think this is true. the lack of thyroid in someone with cushings would lead to increased estrogen production as well.

how do you think you can cure someone with cushings? i know you can lower cortisol with cascara, eliminate stress from life, eat frequently, etc. but i wonder how to truly switch the system back over again?

haidut

Forum Supporter
i think this is true. the lack of thyroid in someone with cushings would lead to increased estrogen production as well.

how do you think you can cure someone with cushings? i know you can lower cortisol with cascara, eliminate stress from life, eat frequently, etc. but i wonder how to truly switch the system back over again?

Anti-serotonin and/or pro-dopamine drugs like cyproheptadine and lisuride have been used successfully to treat Cushings. The treatment lasts a few months but in the majority of the patients the symptoms do not recur after discontinuation of therapy. This seems to be especially true for cases of actual Cushing disease (pituitary tumor) and Cushing syndrome due to adrenal adenoma.

for most men a little progesterone on their scrotum will shrink an inflamed prostate over a month or so. It counters the estrogen in the gland that causes hyperplasia. I wonder if men getting a poor result are overdoing it. A milligram or two every day should work for most men.

DavePalumbo

Yes there definitely is some prostate stuff with pregnenolone. I am taking between 90mg-120mg and I am noticing increased retention of urine, increased need to urinate, poorer control of the urination (I actually slightly pissed myself twice in a row). I am not taking dhea.

Edit: my left nipple is also sensitive.. clearly due to taking pregnenolone.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals