Is Dhea Safe For Young People?

Connor888

i'm 21 with a sluggish thyroid and some anxiety. i have been wondering lately if a small dose of dhea(5mg) would have any positive effect on my health alongside my thyroid supplement; i am trying to get well. i'm taking pregnenolone already, so im not sure if i would benefit from dhea. any thoughts guys? and if not dhea, are there any other supplement you would recommend besides the pregnenolone im taking? like i say, been quite unwell these past few years with pretty bad hypothyroid symptoms and anxiety, so wouldn't mind adding something else alongside the pregnenolone and thyroid to get well a little faster. thanks

rei

Best way to find out is to try, but i would start with smaller dose and work up to 5mg. Instead of dhea i would suggest progesterone cream for your symptoms and should be completely safe.

redsun

i'm 21 with a sluggish thyroid and some anxiety. i have been wondering lately if a small dose of dhea(5mg) would have any positive effect on my health alongside my thyroid supplement; i am trying to get well. i'm taking pregnenolone already, so im not sure if i would benefit from dhea. any thoughts guys? and if not dhea, are there any other supplement you would recommend besides the pregnenolone im taking? like i say, been quite unwell these past few years with pretty bad hypothyroid symptoms and anxiety, so wouldn't mind adding something else alongside the pregnenolone and thyroid to get well a little faster. thanks

Someone at your age can fix themselves up just by fixing diet (whole foods, nutrient dense, varied) and lifestyle (sleep, exercise, managing stress).

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Best way to find out is to try, but i would start with smaller dose and work up to 5mg. Instead of dhea i would suggest progesterone cream for your symptoms and should be completely safe.

It's quite difficult for me to get progesterone here in the uk. I can get pregnenolone pretty easily though

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Someone at your age can fix themselves up just by fixing diet (whole foods, nutrient dense, varied) and lifestyle (sleep, exercise, managing stress).

I eat whole foods only and it has definitely helped an awful lot

Hans

Forum Supporter
You'll have to find what's causing the sluggish thyroid and eliminate that first. It could be liver dysfunction, too much phosphorus to calcium, low vitamin D, being indoors too much, eating too little meat, not consuming enough vitamins and minerals (example B3, B6, magnesium, selenium and zinc can greatly help against anxiety), etc.
DHEA is good, but stick to small doses. You can up the pregnenolone dose to 300-500mg daily as that amount will convert to progesterone and boost allopregnanolone in the brain, which has pro-GABA properties and will help against anxiety.

JKX

It's quite difficult for me to get progesterone here in the uk. I can get pregnenolone pretty easily though

Im in the UK and can get progesterone. Personally, I like idealabs because I would rather my money supports a company like this. Yes, the delivery costs a bit but it usually arrives in 2-3 days.

How much preg have you tried? Oral or topical? How old are you? I'm going to assume 20s?

I'd personally test DHEA and salivary cortisol first, if possible, before trying DHEA. Also topical route is best IMO.

A small dose of topical progesterone would likley be very helpful if the preg doesnt seem to be doing much. Or even something like vitamin E might be helpful which can raise progesterone by itself.

rei

Has something changed recently? I thought it is available without prescription. The one time i have ordered it was from there.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Has something changed recently? I thought it is available without prescription. The one time i have ordered it was from there.
Im in the UK and can get progesterone. Personally, I like idealabs because I would rather my money supports a company like this. Yes, the delivery costs a bit but it usually arrives in 2-3 days.

How much preg have you tried? Oral or topical? How old are you? I'm going to assume 20s?

I'd personally test DHEA and salivary cortisol first, if possible, before trying DHEA. Also topical route is best IMO.

A small dose of topical progesterone would likley be very helpful if the preg doesnt seem to be doing much. Or even something like vitamin E might be helpful which can raise progesterone by itself.

Where can you order from in this case besides Idealabs? I can't see anything when I search the web.

I am 21 and currently on 60mg pregnenolone daily. Yes I was thinking about testing my DHEA levels

OP
Connor888

Connor888

You'll have to find what's causing the sluggish thyroid and eliminate that first. It could be liver dysfunction, too much phosphorus to calcium, low vitamin D, being indoors too much, eating too little meat, not consuming enough vitamins and minerals (example B3, B6, magnesium, selenium and zinc can greatly help against anxiety), etc.
DHEA is good, but stick to small doses. You can up the pregnenolone dose to 300-500mg daily as that amount will convert to progesterone and boost allopregnanolone in the brain, which has pro-GABA properties and will help against anxiety.

I think it may be genetic. A lot of family on my parents side have thyroid disorders. I might have to try higher doses of pregnenolone; I'm on 60mg daily right now with food. I try to eat some tuna and beef every day and I eat lots of eggs, milk, and fruit. I should really be eating a lot more meat though. I definitely want to start eating liver once a week though as well since I always have some livers in my freezer I don't use.

I have heard DHEA is good which is why I ask, but what would the benefit of DHEA be if the pregnenolone converts to DHEA?

rei

Where can you order from in this case besides Idealabs? I can't see anything when I search the web.

I am 21 and currently on 60mg pregnenolone daily. Yes I was thinking about testing my DHEA levels
i simply searched ebay for progesterone and ended up buying it on a whim because the deal presented on first page was so incredibly good with cheap shipping. And it ended up changing my life. This was before i learned that it was illegal in my country without prescription, had i known it i would not have ordered it an i would probably be somewhere completely different with my life/health. This was almost 2 years ago, so if things have changed for worse regarding availability i don't know.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

i simply searched ebay for progesterone and ended up buying it on a whim because the deal presented on first page was so incredibly good with cheap shipping. And it ended up changing my life. This was before i learned that it was illegal in my country without prescription, had i known it i would not have ordered it an i would probably be somewhere completely different.

Oh I see. How many mg's would you say you were absorbing and how old are ya? I can see quite a lot of progesterone creams on the first page of ebay which didn't show up at first for some reason. I will have to have a browse through!

I know pregnenolone is safe in high doses for most people; but how does one approach supplementing progesterone ?? I'm guessing it's easy to take more than you need

rei

I was early 30 when i used it, and i took the dose as per guide for 'menopause' or whatever it was as printed on the bottle, and first time it made me slightly sick/feverish/excited and really pumped up/bloated. I continued similar dosing the next days with some pause days and nothing like that happened again, but still it would reliably increase body temperature and make me feel pumped up, but not bloated, it was what i had imagined testosterone could feel like. As i continued using it it mainly relaxed and made me feel warmer.

Last edited:
OP
Connor888

Connor888

I was early 30 when i used it, and i took the dose as per guide for 'menopause' or whatever it was as printed on the bottle, and first time it made me slightly sick/feverish/excited and really pumped up/bloated. I continued same dosing the next days with some pause days and nothing like that happened again, but still it would reliably increase body temperature and make me feel pumped up, but not bloated, it was what i had imagined testosterone could feel like. As i continued using it it mainly relaxed and made me feel warmer.

I think I might try out a really small dose, something like 3mg per day in the future. I would try it sooner but only just started a new brand of dessicated thyroid so I wouldn't know which would be increasing my body temps if it helped

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals