Estrogen Dominant, 23 Years Old, Progest-E Question

TreasureVibe

Hi all. I'm a former steroid abuser. Used high dose testosterone enanthate injections, and never exercised during or after it. So alot of that testosterone got aromatized to estrogen probably, and stored somewhere in my body tissue.

I tried a progest-E topical drop. Felt much clearer and better. Could this be an estrogen detox reaction? And is it wise to use progesterone while estrogen dominant?

Thnx

Sobieski

Theoretically it should oppose estrogen. However in doing so it can release stored estrogens and therefore cause estrogenic symptoms

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Theoretically it should oppose estrogen. However in doing so it can release stored estrogens and therefore cause estrogenic symptoms
According to RP (listen the following short audio)

this freed estrogen will get detoxed by the liver and kidneys. So is this adviceable to take therefore in an estrogen dominant male case?

marsaday

Progesterone in a man in small amounts will increase testosterone and balance cortisol out. So you can often feel much more calm and level headed using it.

1 drop is 3mg and this is a good dose to use. I use 2 drops per day and will miss days out every few weeks. I am in my 40's and been using progestE for 3 years none stop pretty much.

It was a life changer for me and has really made my metabolism work much better. I don't have high oestrogen so the effects are not related to oestrogen. Much more likely to be a balancing out of cortisol and DHEA to be in a better ratio.

I also have blood results showing the progesterone boosted my testosterone by 20% when i first started on it. I happened to have some bloods done before usage and then i did some a month after starting. These were more about thyroid because i am a thyroid patient, but i had the testosterone done as part of the package so was happily surprised by the uplift.

Also it is good to miss it out for a day or a few every so often because it can build up in the liver and so you can actually end up with too much in the system. In a day or two any excess is cleared quickly.

Progesterone also improve thyroid uptake because of the better adrenal balance. Certainly has for me. So this could be something that is happening in yourself. You would need to look at TSH testing before and after use to understand if it helps here.

They say don't use progesterone when younger, but i think if it works for you go for it. 1 drop a day would be my target at your age.

Sobieski

According to RP (listen the following short audio)

this freed estrogen will get detoxed by the liver and kidneys. So is this adviceable to take therefore in an estrogen dominant male case?

I'd get a comprehensive hormone panel done first if you haven't already. If your prog is low, and e2 and prolactin are high, prog could be good. If your test is low, prog is high and e2 is normal or low for example, prog wouldn't be so good in all likelihood. It's a gamble without blood tests.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Progesterone in a man in small amounts will increase testosterone and balance cortisol out. So you can often feel much more calm and level headed using it.

1 drop is 3mg and this is a good dose to use. I use 2 drops per day and will miss days out every few weeks. I am in my 40's and been using progestE for 3 years none stop pretty much.

It was a life changer for me and has really made my metabolism work much better. I don't have high oestrogen so the effects are not related to oestrogen. Much more likely to be a balancing out of cortisol and DHEA to be in a better ratio.

I also have blood results showing the progesterone boosted my testosterone by 20% when i first started on it. I happened to have some bloods done before usage and then i did some a month after starting. These were more about thyroid because i am a thyroid patient, but i had the testosterone done as part of the package so was happily surprised by the uplift.

Also it is good to miss it out for a day or a few every so often because it can build up in the liver and so you can actually end up with too much in the system. In a day or two any excess is cleared quickly.

Progesterone also improve thyroid uptake because of the better adrenal balance. Certainly has for me. So this could be something that is happening in yourself. You would need to look at TSH testing before and after use to understand if it helps here.

They say don't use progesterone when younger, but i think if it works for you go for it. 1 drop a day would be my target at your age.
If I were to detox estrogen from the testosterone enanthate abuse, what could go wrong technically?

I'd get a comprehensive hormone panel done first if you haven't already. If your prog is low, and e2 and prolactin are high, prog could be good. If your test is low, prog is high and e2 is normal or low for example, prog wouldn't be so good in all likelihood. It's a gamble without blood tests.
A blood test is something they won't give me anymore... Money is the main concern of doctors nowadays.

marsaday

Detox estrogen? How do you actually do that then?

Are you fat? If so this is the main reason why estrogen is high. So I would try loose weight to help this issue.

Can’t think any other ways a man can lower estrogen. Is your level actually high? You really need blood tests done before you mess around again

Why did you take testosterone in the first place?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Detox estrogen? How do you actually do that then?

Are you fat? If so this is the main reason why estrogen is high. So I would try loose weight to help this issue.

Can’t think any other ways a man can lower estrogen. Is your level actually high? You really need blood tests done before you mess around again

Why did you take testosterone in the first place?
I'm not fat, I'm thin but there is fat on my body. I took testosterone because I was foolish, thinking it wasn't going to be a big of a deal. I thought I'd just reap the benefits, thinking there would be no consequences. The guy who sold me them was smart enough to not tell me this either and make it all seem small.

Estrogen can accumulate in the tissues, right? And taking progesterone would get it out of the tissues and removed by the liver and kidneys, according to Ray Peat.

marsaday

Yes get a blood test done. Are you in the UK ? Use medichecks or blue horizon blood testing if so.

Sounds like you are just guessing what is wrong with you at the moment. You need to see what thyroid function is like along with testosterone, oestrogen and SHBG. It is unlikely you will get a progesterone done as well as these cost about £70 just for that one hormone (unless they are doing an offer).

So you need a comprehensive test done covering thyroid, cholesterol, basic vitamins etc. These usually cost about £150. The specific male hormones will have to be done under another test (again unless they have some offers on where you can add a hormone or two to a comprehensive package). This male package is about £80.

What blood tests have you had done at the GP ? What are the results ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals