Edema, heart, breathing, Gut - female

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Dear lord, my blood pressure is at minimum level for 6 to 13 years old. I'm 42… Like OP, I do have some edema and shallow breathing. I suspect I don't have to catch my breath because I don't play sports, I run the occasional sprint and dance, is all. Where is this chart from? Should I be worried? I think orthostatic hypotension is the most relevant symptom I have.
I just used my Oximeter and it read: 95 73

Jonk

Today I tried a veg based lunch and felt none of the issues. I then ordered a sweet; and the swelling started.
Could this be a sugar issue?
This is very common, and a place where a lot of people make the mistake of blaming sugar for their health problems. Intuition is great but it's an example why Peat is so important - that is questioning why we can't utilize sugar/substrate/energy efficiently. To be fair the "sweet" might contain a bunch of other stuff than just sugar, so be wary of that. But lets say it's the sugar that's causing the problem. I'm in a similar boat where if I overdo the white sugar I get bloated and feel sluggish. I'm not an academic by heart but my general idea is to experiment and figure out a way to more efficiently use carbohydrate/sugar as energy, rather than seeing it as a culprit per se. One interesting note on this is a few times I've overcome the bloat and sluggishness with more carbohydrate (from starch and fruits). This is telling me it's not -only- SIBO/endotoxin/intestinal irritation, it's the lowering of our energetic potential these causes, whether locally in the intestines or systemically by hormones etc. Me personally, I would opt for a little more on the side of more carbs and bloat, than less carbs and less bloat. Obviously there's a fine line and personal experimentation to what carbs you handle better etc, -and possibly other accessory aids (you can find a lot if you search the forum). One very popular and "peat approved" is Cascara Sagrada.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
This is very common, and a place where a lot of people make the mistake of blaming sugar for their health problems. Intuition is great but it's an example why Peat is so important - that is questioning why we can't utilize sugar/substrate/energy efficiently. To be fair the "sweet" might contain a bunch of other stuff than just sugar, so be wary of that. But lets say it's the sugar that's causing the problem. I'm in a similar boat where if I overdo the white sugar I get bloated and feel sluggish. I'm not an academic by heart but my general idea is to experiment and figure out a way to more efficiently use carbohydrate/sugar as energy, rather than seeing it as a culprit per se. One interesting note on this is a few times I've overcome the bloat and sluggishness with more carbohydrate (from starch and fruits). This is telling me it's not -only- SIBO/endotoxin/intestinal irritation, it's the lowering of our energetic potential these causes, whether locally in the intestines or systemically by hormones etc. Me personally, I would opt for a little more on the side of more carbs and bloat, than less carbs and less bloat. Obviously there's a fine line and personal experimentation to what carbs you handle better etc, -and possibly other accessory aids (you can find a lot if you search the forum). One very popular and "peat approved" is Cascara Sagrada.
I just purchased Lapodin. Today will be my third day using it. I also bought mitolipin. I had emailed @haidut asking about the order in which I should take, but have not received a reply. I have also tried to call several times. My question would be in what order to take them and apart from one another i would assume.

bell

HI Bell.

I Take Thiamine as I read coffee drinkers need more of it. Also the other beneficial atributes it has. I am really at a loss.... I have tried everything.
Just saw your note that you get worse after carbs and sweet - those both use up thiamine. I wonder if you might need more than you're getting, or a different form. (And I'm not trying to shove thiamine, it's just that IF it's off, it will cause the symptoms you're describing, including the orthostatic intolerance and low blood pressure). When I started peating, I needed to increase thiamine to account for the extra sugar I was eating.
I also find sometimes that I have breathing problems when I'm short on histidine - I tend to have a lot of methyl, which uses up histamine. For that reason, sometimes histidine gives me a really good reset. That is definitely not a Peat recommendation though.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Just saw your note that you get worse after carbs and sweet - those both use up thiamine. I wonder if you might need more than you're getting, or a different form. (And I'm not trying to shove thiamine, it's just that IF it's off, it will cause the symptoms you're describing, including the orthostatic intolerance and low blood pressure). When I started peating, I needed to increase thiamine to account for the extra sugar I was eating.
I also find sometimes that I have breathing problems when I'm short on histidine - I tend to have a lot of methyl, which uses up histamine. For that reason, sometimes histidine gives me a really good reset. That is definitely not a Peat recommendation though.
What is the best form of Thiamine? I have the Now brand B1. I am an undermethylator... I have been told.

Peatress

Dear lord, my blood pressure is at minimum level for 6 to 13 years old. I'm 42… Like OP, I do have some edema and shallow breathing. I suspect I don't have to catch my breath because I don't play sports, I run the occasional sprint and dance, is all. Where is this chart from? Should I be worried? I think orthostatic hypotension is the most relevant symptom I have.
Do you get enough salt? The chart is a standard chart I pulled off the internet.
I just used my Oximeter and it read: 95 73
Oximeters do not measure BP. It measures your oxygen saturation level of your blood, top number, and your heart rate, bottom number. If you want to find out your BP use a BP monitor.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Do you get enough salt? The chart is a standard chart I pulled off the internet.

Oximeters do not measure BP. It measures your oxygen saturation level of your blood, top number, and your heart rate, bottom number. If you want to find out your BP use a BP monitor.
I believe so.. I salt my water when I wake, during the day and before bed. Ahh ok.

ivy

This is what I measured right now: 96 systolic 60 diastolic, 59 pulse. I didn't sleep at night due to terrible anxiety. I did eat crackers and cheese at 4am to make sure I wasn't running out of glucose and it didn't help a bit. My perception of a racing heart was very present. Even right now, after walking in the ocean and a few hours of attempted napping, I feel my heartbeat faster and stronger than usual. It's insane that I feel so bad with slightly higher blood pressure which should be good for me. I eat plenty of salt and drink plenty of coffee, I crave them both. I wonder if some of us really can't cope with a higher metabolism because the perception of a changed rate is so disturbing. I've grown used to the swelling of the legs and feet, especially if I sit in a chair for long hours; I can't seem to get used to higher bp.

Peatress

This is what I measured right now: 96 systolic 60 diastolic, 59 pulse. I didn't sleep at night due to terrible anxiety. I did eat crackers and cheese at 4am to make sure I wasn't running out of glucose and it didn't help a bit. My perception of a racing heart was very present. Even right now, after walking in the ocean and a few hours of attempted napping, I feel my heartbeat faster and stronger than usual. It's insane that I feel so bad with slightly higher blood pressure which should be good for me. I eat plenty of salt and drink plenty of coffee, I crave them both. I wonder if some of us really can't cope with a higher metabolism because the perception of a changed rate is so disturbing. I've grown used to the swelling of the legs and feet, especially if I sit in a chair for long hours; I can't seem to get used to higher bp.
Sorry to hear this - have you tracked your temperature? Vitamin D? Could you be thiamine deficient?

I remember having low blood pressure - I felt very bad.

bell

What is the best form of Thiamine? I have the Now brand B1. I am an undermethylator... I have been told.
Is it Thiamine HCL? That form is supposed to be harder to absorb. For breath issues, I find that benfotiamin is pretty magic. The doses in capsules are often pretty high - I usually only take about 100 mg when I have breath issues, but if I were just starting, I'd go for even less (maybe 20-50 at first, just to see). It's nasty-tasting, but I just break open a capsule, or buy in powder. Lots of people also take the TTFD form (I do too, but it's not my go-to for breathing issues)

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Is it Thiamine HCL? That form is supposed to be harder to absorb. For breath issues, I find that benfotiamin is pretty magic. The doses in capsules are often pretty high - I usually only take about 100 mg when I have breath issues, but if I were just starting, I'd go for even less (maybe 20-50 at first, just to see). It's nasty-tasting, but I just break open a capsule, or buy in powder. Lots of people also take the TTFD form (I do too, but it's not my go-to for breathing issues)
Well, I would think for all things related to edema, heart, shallow breathing.

ivy

Sorry to hear this - have you tracked your temperature? Vitamin D? Could you be thiamine deficient?

I remember having low blood pressure - I felt very bad.
Temp is lowish. I've never had my vitamin D or thiamine checked, would does one check for thiamine deficiency? I suspect that I've been hypothyroid since my teens when my hair began to fall. Not one doctor went there, all I got was Spironolactone. It's true that Spironolactone would get rid of any swelling, but in my case at the cost of irregular menses and even lower energy levels.

Peatress

Temp is lowish. I've never had my vitamin D or thiamine checked, would does one check for thiamine deficiency? I suspect that I've been hypothyroid since my teens when my hair began to fall. Not one doctor went there, all I got was Spironolactone. It's true that Spironolactone would get rid of any swelling, but in my case at the cost of irregular menses and even lower energy levels.
Vitamin D is worth testing if you suspect it could be low, Thiamine is not easy to test but you can figure out if you are low by symptoms and medical history. Coffee blocks thiamine uptake so if you are drinking coffee throughout the day then it's possible to be low. Heavy metal toxicity could also induce a thiamine deficiency as will certain antibiotics. If you take thiamine take it away from coffee. If you search the forum there is a wealth of info on thiamine. A low temperature indicates hypothyroidism. It might be worth getting a thyroid test. Some people find that optimizing their vitamin d and thiamine levels improves their thyroid status. This thread might help

Theanine is great for anxiety

The anxiety could be hormonal but I think Dr Peat said that thyroid should normalise progesterone levels. Alternatively you could try progesterone

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I hate to be controversial but I had a conversation with someone in another thread about what I went through with low blood pressure (75-80/55-60) last year after my husband was vaxxed. I used urea twice a day for quite a while after literally pounding salt for several months and it not helping one bit. I was on a roller coaster chasing salt and electrolytes all day every day. I even vomited once from too much salt. The more salt I ate the more it seemed my body wasted it and other electrolytes even with good thyroid and vitamin D levels. Eventually I tried a very counterintuitive experiment and stopped adding salt or eating salty foods-just normal plain foods/not processed foods with added salt- and voila my blood pressure improved and all my electrolytes balanced out as well. Urea helps the body retain sodium and it’s a diuretic so it helps with edema. Peat spoke very highly about urea and it really bailed me out of a pretty miserable situation until I could research further and come up with a game plan. My doctor could only offer me florinef (fludrocortisone) which I did not want to take at all. In desperation I tried it a couple of times and it was absolutely horrible. That’s what sealed the deal and gave me the courage to experiment with decreasing my salt intake. I’ve been fine ever since I stopped focusing on getting in lots of salt and my blood pressure and electrolytes are great now since I made this decision last summer. I just wanted to throw my (unusual) experience out there for those who don’t improve over time by increasing salt. Here’s my average sodium intake for the past week. I was on vacation so I ate more salt than normal.
F07F6F57-34D1-49DF-9E37-2F92417F511A.jpeg

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
I hate to be controversial but I had a conversation with someone in another thread about what I went through with low blood pressure (75-80/55-60) last year after my husband was vaxxed. I used urea twice a day for quite a while after literally pounding salt for several months and it not helping one bit. I was on a roller coaster chasing salt and electrolytes all day every day. I even vomited once from too much salt. The more salt I ate the more it seemed my body wasted it and other electrolytes even with good thyroid and vitamin D levels. Eventually I tried a very counterintuitive experiment and stopped adding salt or eating salty foods-just normal plain foods/not processed foods with added salt- and voila my blood pressure improved and all my electrolytes balanced out as well. Urea helps the body retain sodium and it’s a diuretic so it helps with edema. Peat spoke very highly about urea and it really bailed me out of a pretty miserable situation until I could research further and come up with a game plan. My doctor could only offer me florinef (fludrocortisone) which I did not want to take at all. In desperation I tried it a couple of times and it was absolutely horrible. That’s what sealed the deal and gave me the courage to experiment with decreasing my salt intake. I’ve been fine ever since I stopped focusing on getting in lots of salt and my blood pressure and electrolytes are great now since I made this decision last summer. I just wanted to throw my (unusual) experience out there for those who don’t improve over time by increasing salt. Here’s my average sodium intake for the past week. I was on vacation so I ate more salt than normal.
View attachment 52789
Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!
How did you take Urea May I ask?

So.. a little update- I played tennis today for little over thirty minutes and had to stop to catch my breath many times over.. heart was pumping to a pint of discomfort.
It’s really starting to worry me. Then, the right calf fills with selling it seems.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Shontelle, I used urea crystals/powder at a dose of 0.5 grams per kg of body weight orally each day dissolved in fluid. 15 grams is a common dose when it’s sold commercially in packets. I got mine from Such Labs (but I’m not sure if it’s still available) and used a digital scale to weigh it out. It tastes terrible and is difficult to dissolve so I would put it in a mason jar with fluid like water or juice then cap it tightly and shake vigorously until I could no longer see crystals floating in the liquid. At times I used the full dose once per day and at other times I used a half dose twice per day and just experimented with what worked best for me. Here’s a chart of dosage based on weight. 0.25mg per kg might be an adequate starting place to see how your edema responds. This is only a discussion of course and not medical advice since I’m not a doctor.
585AA89F-B207-42A8-AB31-6EC149FFD6B6.jpeg

There are several threads on the forum where urea and the way people used it is discussed as well. Best wishes.
Edit: This is the one I mainly used:

Last edited:

Peatress

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!
How did you take Urea May I ask?

So.. a little update- I played tennis today for little over thirty minutes and had to stop to catch my breath many times over.. heart was pumping to a pint of discomfort.
It’s really starting to worry me. Then, the right calf fills with selling it seems.
Do you have a doctor you can trust? It sounds serious enough to warrant a check up.

OP
Shontelle

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Do you have a doctor you can trust? It sounds serious enough to warrant a check up.
I don’t.. I’m currently in the US, but I’m from Canada. So, I’ll have to enquirer when I’m back there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals