Does anyone here use a wooden brush? Is it supposed to look like this when it's new?

tastyfood

I received my wooden brush yesterday, and it arrived looking like the picture below (taken with my phone) At first I thought it was hair, but it's actually supposed to be natural wood crystals? Could someone confirm if this is normal?

This is how my new brush looks. You can appreciate the threads in the picture.
1645209495384-png.33727

This is how another brand on Amazon advertises the brush. The "crystals" look similar to what I see in my new brush.
1645209474942.png

Attachments

• 1645209495384.png
    1645209495384.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 365

Gânico

Yeah it is, i've used those combs my whole life, never was a fan of the plastic ones. Nowadays i use a bone comb that i've made myself, i think it is the best material for combing hair so far.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Yeah it is, i've used those combs my whole life, never was a fan of the plastic ones. Nowadays i use a bone comb that i've made myself, i think it is the best material for combing hair so far.
Thanks for confirming!

Is it true that they are not supposed to get wet, and just used on dry hair?

Do you go easy on your scalp with these brushes? I'm experimenting with more gentle brushing routines.

I'll look into bone combs, I'm curious now!

Gânico

Thanks for confirming!

Is it true that they are not supposed to get wet, and just used on dry hair?
Yeah, it isn't good to get them wet if they aren't coated by some oil or wax, mine was coated by beewax so it was fine to use on wet hair, but even so, try to maintain it as dry as possible.

Do you go easy on your scalp with these brushes? I'm experimenting with more gentle brushing routines.
Yeah, i always try to be as gentle as possible while combing my hair, unless i'm in a hurry

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Are you using it to improve blood flow and regrow hair?
No, just to be more gentle with my brushing actually. Also a way to avoid static electricity on hair. Just experimenting. Lots of good hair threads lately.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

@merberg did the natural smell of the wooden comb bother you or made your hair look worse in any way?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals