Do Men Actually Need High Testosterone For Good Health?

jitsmonkey

I would say Testosterone lower than 500 is no bueno. Eating plenty of good nutritious carbs (Orange juice with no fillers, good raisins, grapes, pomegranate, and other fruits) should help pretty noticeably. Lifestyle matters but something that everyone preaches and i know that i often forget is that supplements (esp metabolism boosters) without adequate nutrition is potentially damaging. For instance, i felt great yesterday and then i took a bit too much T3. Completely screwed up my afternoon and lowered pulse/temps. T3 and other similar supplements are awesome but in my opinion its not worth taking if you are not available to adequate nutrition. It forces your cells to create more output than they are capable of and results in a stress response. Everybody is very different but I think @ecstatichamster and @Vinero are giving sound advice. Preg & T3 are probably your safest bets in terms of hormonal supplements. Other than that, I would use taurine and good gelatin. The less, the better. I get into trouble when i take too many supplements and i assume most others are similar.

@Jsaute21 is the hero we need but don't deserve.

Mossy

Daily 5mg to 10mg progesterone plus 5mg or so of DHEA and 100mg-200mg pregnenolone seems very sustainable and raises libido and erection quality for me. I have high T anyway but also high estrogen and I think this helps along with thyroid.
Would you mind sharing when and how you take these three? I’m curious if you combine them and if you take them am or pm?

Mossy

...and the mean plasma estradiol decreased significantly.

With regard to estradiol, I’ve brought up this thought several other times on this forum, but it’s never drawn a response. Maybe it’s not worthy of one, but here is my thought from another thread:

Per a study on the Life Extension website and magazine, their is an ideal range of estradiol for men that favors longevity. So, if there is truth to this, a man’s estradiol can be too low, and may be something you’d want to raise. I know that on my last testing of estradiol, I was on the lower side of this suggested ideal range, which they claim is worse than being too high; so, a means to raise it may have some value. This, of course, assumes the study/article is correct.

Elephanto

With regard to estradiol, I’ve brought up this thought several other times on this forum, but it’s never drawn a response. Maybe it’s not worthy of one, but here is my thought from another thread:

It's unlikely to reach extremely low levels nowadays with xenoestrogens and blue lights (Serotonin -> Cortisol and Prolactin which both trigger Estrogen Receptors). The idea that slightly lower levels than "ideal ranges" is bad for your health is unlikely to be true, those ranges are based on highly estrogenic populations in the first place. There's a lot of factors I would consider before "low estrogen" being a cause of issues if I had an health problem and my E2 levels were "low". There's also the concept that serum E2 levels don't accurately portray the Estrogen economy as it gets stored in tissues. You could always email Peat to ask about the consequences of low Estrogen in men, I don't know myself.

Last edited:

Broken man

I'm a 31 year old male. I've been experimenting with Androsterone and progesterone and other peaty Estrogen reduction supps/foods- but along with estrogen lowering, my Total T levels have gone down quite significantly, by around 40%, to around 300.

My question is, apart from zero libido, I'm in far far better health because for the first time my estrogen is low. My insomnia, dandruff, diarrhoea, hair shedding, heart palpitations and so many other things have stopped.

Do men really need high Testosterone to be healthy?
I would say stop taking steroids and try ATP buffer like inosine or succinic acid. The thing is that I think, you cant rely on steroids to get optimal T levels. I think that way because hormones are more of result of good functioning system. To have more steroids, you need all co-factors to be working well which is hard process to control atleast for me. The purpose of this products should be to support body after exercise. What benefits are you getting from these supplements? How are you feeling after their consumption? Do you have alot of energy or are you exhausted without them or with them? What signals are you getting from your body? Do you have big belly? How much calories are you eating? I know that only you can know what bad is going with you and the only way how to get you on the right track is through questions. Good luck man.

Arrade

I think there is too low estro. I read their atricle too, that 20-30 is optimal.
A while back my estro was at 17, which 17-20 is considered the optimal range for a healthy sex drive.
From what I've read you don't want to go below 15 estro

Mossy

It's unlikely to reach extremely low levels nowadays with xenoestrogens and blue lights (Serotonin -> Cortisol and Prolactin which both trigger Estrogen Receptors). The idea that slightly lower levels than "ideal ranges" is bad for your health is unlikely to be true, those ranges are based on highly estrogenic populations in the first place. There's a lot of factors I would consider before "low estrogen" being a cause of issues if I had an health problem and my E2 levels were "low". There's also the concept that serum E2 levels don't accurately portray the Estrogen economy as it gets stored in tissues. You could always email Peat to ask about the consequences of low Estrogen in men, I don't know myself.
Based on Peat’s perspective, I do get and buy into that estrogen is the enemy and a challenge to lower; therefore, in general, our position should be one of anti-estrogen. But, it would seem a more accurate balancing would be preferred, versus a blanket/shotgun approach to elliminating estrogen. I’m sure more specifics and balance are the objectives by the experts, but the knowledge just isn’t there yet.

I’m just kind of continuing my thoughts out loud, not necessarily expecting a response or debate.

P.S. Sorry for the post edits.

I think there is too low estro. I read their atricle too, that 20-30 is optimal.
A while back my estro was at 17, which 17-20 is considered the optimal range for a healthy sex drive.
From what I've read you don't want to go below 15 estro
That makes sense to me, that there is an optimal range to be kept, versus an endless blitz of estradiol. That article wouldn’t have meant much to me had I not measured my estradiol as a reault of being in a chronically poor health state, and seeing that I fit the category of “Those in the lowest estradiol quintile (serum estradiol levels under 12.90 pg/mL) had a 317% increased death rate compared to the balanced group.”.

I understand that fear sells, and that there are a lot of factors, but ultimately I feel there is value to having the right balance.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals