Dmso

Jing

Is it safe to use 99.9% DMSO for transdermals? How clean does your skin have to be when using DMSO? What about applying DMSO and putting clothes over the area is this bad?

brix

Is it safe to use 99.9% DMSO for transdermals? How clean does your skin have to be when using DMSO? What about applying DMSO and putting clothes over the area is this bad?

It is safe and has been used by many members here in the past.

T

TheBeard

Very safe.

Choose the sterile-filtered version if you don’t want to smell like garlic.

Wash your skin with hydrogen peroxide before applying DMSO.

OP
J

Jing

Very safe.

Choose the sterile-filtered version if you don’t want to smell like garlic.

Wash your skin with hydrogen peroxide before applying DMSO.
And after applying DMSO how long should I wait to be able to wash it off?

T

TheBeard

And after applying DMSO how long should I wait to be able to wash it off?

40 mins.

I have no idea about the shelf-life of a DMSO-only solution though.

Maybe Georgi would know as he’s been manufacturing DMSO hormonal solutions.

@haidut how long would a DMSO-only solution (no alcohol) last?

OP
J

Jing

40 mins.

Would be good to know.

haidut

Forum Supporter
40 mins.

If it is pure DMSO, most of it should absorb within the first minute and then completely dry out within another minute.

tara

AIUI, many people are fine with DMSO. Some people react to it. I think quite a few people react to it straight but are OK with it diluted by at least 30% with clean water. If you try a little on skin you'll find out.

Also, as a non-expert an idea I've got from reading is that it can make things move through tissues more easily. If you are using medicines, it can affect them, for instance possibly meaning that the usual dose of some medicines can have a stronger effect. I don't know very much about this, just one of the thing I've read about it. I'm not sure how much one would need to take to have significant effect. That might be useful sometimes, but if you were using important medicines that had doses worked out very exactly, it it might be worth bearing in mind.

Similarly, if you are exposed to toxins, it can make you more vulnerable to them.

Having said that, a lot of people have reported that it's been very useful for healing, for themselves or for horses ...

T

TheBeard

If it is pure DMSO, most of it should absorb within the first minute and then completely dry out within another minute.

Thanks Haidut,

How long is the shelf life of a pure DMSO product with no alcohol?

ddjd

did you find out if its bad to put clothes over after applying dmso? i mean could the washing detergents in the clothes somehow be absorbed into the skin or something??

im also interested to know about this

More specifically, it is found that when DMSO and honey are both administered to epithelial regions of a human or other animal subject, expected adverse skin reactions, malodorous breath and foul taste are substantially reduced. In many cases they are entirely eliminated.
Furthermore, honey is discovered to potentiate DMSO in certain instances. It appears that a DMSO composition containing honey enhances the therapeutic effects of the DMSO, as opposed to the effects when no honey is incorporated to the DMSO solution. The presence of honey reduces discomfort resulting from topical application of DMSO compositions and it appears that it may further enhance penetration. Honey is very symbiotic as an adjunct in solution with DMSO as honey is a curative agent in its own right, as well as a skin emolument. Honey not only moisturizes skin, it is also an anti-bacterial agent. Honey has also been proven to further enhance wound healing of tissue.

Does anybody know about this patent? I have never seen dmso mixed together with honey for sale.

brightside

More specifically, it is found that when DMSO and honey are both administered to epithelial regions of a human or other animal subject, expected adverse skin reactions, malodorous breath and foul taste are substantially reduced. In many cases they are entirely eliminated.
Furthermore, honey is discovered to potentiate DMSO in certain instances. It appears that a DMSO composition containing honey enhances the therapeutic effects of the DMSO, as opposed to the effects when no honey is incorporated to the DMSO solution. The presence of honey reduces discomfort resulting from topical application of DMSO compositions and it appears that it may further enhance penetration. Honey is very symbiotic as an adjunct in solution with DMSO as honey is a curative agent in its own right, as well as a skin emolument. Honey not only moisturizes skin, it is also an anti-bacterial agent. Honey has also been proven to further enhance wound healing of tissue.

Does anybody know about this patent? I have never seen dmso mixed together with honey for sale.
Huh.. Who’s gonna try it?

I'll try and report back. Do you or anyone else have a recommended/suggested ratio for honey to DMSO solution?

I have experimented over the last three years with various formulations of DMSO and honey, with an excellent, general, formulation being 1 part honey, 7 parts DMSO, and 3 parts water.

The above text is on the patent page.

Over the last twenty five years the inventor has experimented with DMSO, and various formulations of it with other additives. It has been found that honey is the perfect, symbiotic additive for DMSO therapy, including orally ingested DMSO therapy. One of the popular additives, Aloe, spoils at room temperature- the suggested storage temperature for DMSO solutions, while the “Material Safety Data Sheet” for Urea, another additive, states that “direct contact with eyes and skin may cause irritation, redness, itching and pain. These negative factors are not present with honey. Additionally, urea, in its natural state, is derived from urine. This is a great psychological deterrent to its use. Honey, in all regards, physiologically and psychologically, is the best additive for DMSO therapy. This inventor has further experimented by injecting a slightly diluted solution of the preferred mixture with no ill effects and great positive therapeutic benefit.
As described in the prior patents listed above, DMSO compositions for topical application should contain at least 10 weight percent DMSO to have any beneficial effect. Compositions for clinical use should have at least about 40 weight percent DMSO; and for greatest effect, a composition should contain at least about 50 weight percent DMSO. To be effective in reducing DMSO-induced side effects and/or to enhance therapeutic actions, over that of DMSO, compositions alone, honey should be present in a weight or volume ratio to DMSO of greater than 1:99. Most significant results are achieved when the weight ratio of honey to DMSO is greater than eight percent honey to DMSO. Normally, DMSO-honey compositions should contain no more than about 60 weight percent honey since larger concentrations could only be obtained at the cost of reduced effectiveness due to diminished DMSO amounts, and the resultant stickiness of the honey residue. If this mixture/compilation is used with a dressing, such as in burn or wound healing, then this aspect does not apply and the ratio of honey to DMSO can be increased.
Compositions containing one weight percent or less of DMSO are effective for treating membranes that have been stressed, e.g. membranes that are inflamed, are scarified or have been submitted to severe osmotic stress. In such instances, the above stated DMSO-honey ratios would still apply.

As I am not one bit sceincey about molecular weights or ratios can Anybody explain simply some of the information above For the best application Of the honey and DMSO
Topical application.. Ranging in strength

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals