Are You Interested In Having Dmso As A Third Solvent Option?

Would you buy supplements dissolved in dmso if they were available again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Nokoni

Urea seems to work well as a penetration enhancer with the SFA products. Spray a bit of urea dissolved in water on the skin, let it dry for a minute or so, then apply. The SFA products "dry" much faster.

Dhair

@haidut Can you please tell us what it would take for you to seriously consider bringing back DMSO as a solvent option? Is it the lack of interest that is preventing this from happening? Thanks.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Can you please tell us what it would take for you to seriously consider bringing back DMSO as a solvent option? Is it the lack of interest that is preventing this from happening? Thanks.

Mostly yes, and also the fact that we are experimenting with some new fatty acid ester that seem to approach the effectiveness of DMSO quite well. If we manage to have an SFA-based solvent (i.e. very very safe) that can match DMSO as transdermal carrier then what is the point of bringing it back?

Dhair

Mostly yes, and also the fact that we are experimenting with some new fatty acid ester that seem to approach the effectiveness of DMSO quite well. If we manage to have an SFA-based solvent (i.e. very very safe) that can match DMSO as transdermal carrier then what is the point of bringing it back?
Well, I think some people feel that the synthetic thyroid products are less likely to be deactivated by the skin if they are dissolved in DMSO due to the potentiation factor and because it is absorbed immediately, which also makes it much more convenient . I think the other (bigger) issue is your refusal to disclose exactly what these "SFA esters" are. I think it makes people nervous (not just me), and it seems odd that you wouldn't want to share that with loyal customers. Your consumer base has a lot of people who have environmental sensitivities, some who are still very sick, and I think they have the right to know exactly what kind of chemical they are ingesting or rubbing on their body. Simply saying something is "very very safe" isn't very reassuring to me. I've heard that many times before and thats how I ended up where I am now.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Well, I think some people feel that the synthetic thyroid products are less likely to be deactivated by the skin if they are dissolved in DMSO due to the potentiation factor and because it is absorbed immediately, which also makes it much more convenient . I think the other (bigger) issue is your refusal to disclose exactly what these "SFA esters" are. I think it makes people nervous (not just me), and it seems odd that you wouldn't want to share that with loyal customers. Your consumer base has a lot of people who have environmental sensitivities, some who are still very sick, and I think they have the right to know exactly what kind of chemical they are ingesting or rubbing on their body. Simply saying something is "very very safe" isn't very reassuring to me. I've heard that many times before and thats how I ended up where I am now.

It is a saturated fatty acid alcohol. It does not get much safer than that. Think of it as similar to stearyl alcohol, which we discussed on the forum recently (but it is not stearyl). It has been ingested by humans in doses of up to 50g and the effects are the same as eating the saturated fat. I can't disclose the exact type of fat as like I said before more and more people are starting businesses selling Peat-friendly products and some of them openly copy my products. Sorry, I am not going to openly share something that I spent 100+ hours researching just to have somebody pick it up and start running with it.
Btw, I thought the topic here is bringing back DMSO, not what SFA ester/alcohol I use as co-solvent...

Dhair

It is a saturated fatty acid alcohol. It does not get much safer than that. Think of it as similar to stearyl alcohol, which we discussed on the forum recently (but it is not stearyl). It has been ingested by humans in doses of up to 50g and the effects are the same as eating the saturated fat. I can't disclose the exact type of fat as like I said before more and more people are starting businesses selling Peat-friendly products and some of them openly copy my products. Sorry, I am not going to openly share something that I spent 100+ hours researching just to have somebody pick it up and start running with it.
Btw, I thought the topic here is bringing back DMSO, not what SFA ester/alcohol I use as co-solvent...
The benefits that people get from doing business with you go far beyond the supplement itself. In my opinion, that should be your attitude as a business owner. Why fear competition? You are far and away the superior company because of your quick shipments and the fact that you make yourself available to everyone. You're creating distrust among your consumer base because you think your success as a business hinges on this "secret ingredient." Seems silly to me. I don't know who your competitors are, but you should already know that no one on this forum is out to get you.
This thread is about the solvent you choose to use in your supplements, so I think it's fair to discuss what the alternative is if you'll refuse to bring back DMSO as an option.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The benefits that people get from doing business with you go far beyond the supplement itself. In my opinion, that should be your attitude as a business owner. Why fear competition? You are far and away the superior company because of your quick shipments and the fact that you make yourself available to everyone. You're creating distrust among your consumer base because you think your success as a business hinges on this "secret ingredient." Seems silly to me. I don't know who your competitors are, but you should already know that no one on this forum is out to get you.
This thread is about the solvent you choose to use in your supplements, so I think it's fair to discuss what the alternative is if you'll refuse to bring back DMSO as an option.

Fair enough, but I pretty much said what it is - a saturated fatty acid alcohol, quickly metabolizing into the corresponding saturated fat. What safety issues do you fear from using a known, safe, dietary ingredient (considered GRAS by FDA) and in amounts so small that it probably does not even register systemically? Do you have concerns about using say 100mg of either stearic, caprylic, myristic, lauric, etc acids?

OP
W

Wagner83

Some food for thoughts:
Your remarks fit well if haidut's market is a limited base of loyal forum members (which is definitely a strong possibility).
DMSO has both negative studies and quite a few bad reactions from members, some even very scary, while the new solvent led to 0 bad reactions as far as I can see. I already discussed the issue of an undisclosed solvent so I don't necessarily disagree with you either.

Dhair

Some food for thoughts:
Your remarks fit well if haidut's market is a limited base of loyal forum members (which is definitely a strong possibility).
DMSO has both negative studies and quite a few bad reactions from members, some even very scary, while the new solvent led to 0 bad reactions as far as I can see. I already discussed the issue of an undisclosed solvent so I don't necessarily disagree with you either.
I don't doubt that DMSO is bad for a lot of people. But it is cheap and very effective for others, so I don't see what the downside is with throwing it in as a second or third option. Some of us were also getting results from testicular application of steroids/vitamins and I am waiting for someone to tell me that SFA esters works just as well for this purpose. Using tyromix in this way is the *only* thing that made a significant difference in my health. I suppose I could just buy some DMSO and do that myself, but it's a lot less convenient. The bottom line for me is that it shouldn't be eliminated just because people are scared of even hearing "DMSO," because it's sounding like that's the only reason. The lack of interest doesn't seem valid to me, because if his customer base isn't just a loyal base of forum members, then it wouldn't surprise me why a lot of people wouldn't kick up a fuss because DMSO is gone. Most people casually buying supplements don't even think about additives, solvents or quality. They would only question DMSO because it burns when they apply it topically. I say make SFA esters/ethanol the default option. DMSO enthusiasts will have to manually select for it.
I also don't see the point in promoting a new "SFA ester" that supposedly has near equivalent absorption/potentiation as DMSO if we don't even know what it is.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wagner83

I don't doubt that DMSO is bad for a lot of people. But it is cheap and very effective for others, so I don't see what the downside is with throwing it in as a second or third option. Some of us were also getting results from testicular application of steroids/vitamins and I am waiting for someone to tell me that SFA esters works just as well for this purpose. [...] The bottom line for me is that it shouldn't be eliminated just because people are scared of even hearing "DMSO," because it's sounding like that's the only reason. [
So since you want to use a solvent that has a lot of side effects for some, has been recommended against by Ray and even more so on the testicles ('I can' t think of a worse place to use it') what would make you not use a solvent based on safety? Ray has spoken highly about progesterone.

That's disregarding a lot of information (some of it in the op) and ray's views. Even haidut said the same although I'm sure he likes (liked?) dmso given the previous talk about it :
It was both actually - out of caution (due to the reports and studies of side effects), and to see if the "dark side" really has an issue with DMSO or is simply using it as a cover for their hate for me. I think we know the answer to the second one :):

Anyways I'm not sure anyone minds having the dmso as an option so in the end it's all good.

Dhair

So since you want to use a solvent that has a lot of side effects for some, has been recommended against by Ray and even more so on the testicles ('I can' t think of a worse place to use it') what would make you not use a solvent based on safety? Ray has spoken highly about progesterone.

That's disregarding a lot of information (some of it in the op) and ray's views. Even haidut said the same although I'm sure he likes (liked?) dmso given the previous talk about it :

Anyways I'm not sure anyone minds having the dmso as an option so in the end it's all good.
I know how my body reacts to DMSO and I seriously doubt putting any kind of saturated fat on the testes is much better for that area, which Ray also warned against.
In general, I think the more options, the better.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Very excited for new versions of idealabs products with this fatty acid ester based solvent. If it ends up having virtually the same absorption as DMSO that seems to me to be an incredible innovation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals