Did Anybody Fix Manboobs With Supplements, Nutrition Etc?

GreekGod

I had them in my teens and early twenties but DO NOT in my 50's. Things I stay away from, beer/wine/alcohol, all of which reduce the livers ability to excrete estrogen efficiently. Things that I do that may help, but no guarantee's.. Lugols iodine/2% solution, about 5 to 10 drops per day, for the past 10 years. I supplement about 150 to 200 mg of Borax. It has been shown to increase testosterone and reduce estrogens in men. I combine that with some curry powder. They seem to work synergistically. I have tried some Tongkat Ali that have worked well, but the product that I have tried varies alot, some works well and some does not. Stay away from Milk, cheese for the most part.

Aaron

it seems that nobody definitely has said here, "I had them (or knew someone who did), and did X and Y, and they went away..."

I believe just taking tamoxifen or raloxifene for long enough would do the trick, but I ended up with a lot of tamoxifen and the sides were too harsh for me to take every day, so I just took it orally during any flareups and applied it topically every day. I think this was ONE of the main things that made mine go away but I think everyone will have better success by using a highly multifaceted approach. And the Ray Peat approach is one of the best, because thyroid, liver, gut health, low stress are vital for it to happen. You need a very different hormonal environment than what caused it to develop in the first place.

The reality is that there is no proof that it can be reversed in adults at all without surgery, so it's impossible to be perfectly scientific about doing it, but it has happened for a handful of netizens.

Last edited:
anything that gets your bowels moving, estrogen needs to get out of your body, if you are constipated, then it could happen, along with the other suggestions, @Aaron knows his ***t

Iceman2016

I think perhaps there should be a clarification of what we mean by "man boobs". When I first saw this post, I had assumed that the question being asked was in relation to the common, normal excess fat that accumulates on the chests of many middle age men. However, many of the responses to the initial post have been in connection to gynecomastia, which is technically the enlargement of the male breast gland. I have seen people with gyno who have an enlarged, protruding nipple area while still having fairly low levels of chest fat.

If gyno is what in fact needs to be addressed then surgical removal of the breast gland and the surrounding fatty tissue is the only tried and tested option available. Though some people have had success with reversal or reduction with things like topical DHT, nolvadex, etc.

If it's just chest fat, then the general principles that apply to losing subcutaneous body fat on most other parts of the body (specifically the torso in men) would apply.

Just my two cents.

tizout

Any potential adverse effects with trying out raloxifene? From what I've read it's virtually side effect free.

Aaron

I think perhaps there should be a clarification of what we mean by "man boobs". When I first saw this post, I had assumed that the question being asked was in relation to the common, normal excess fat that accumulates on the chests of many middle age men. However, many of the responses to the initial post have been in connection to gynecomastia, which is technically the enlargement of the male breast gland. I have seen people with gyno who have an enlarged, protruding nipple area while still having fairly low levels of chest fat.

If gyno is what in fact needs to be addressed then surgical removal of the breast gland and the surrounding fatty tissue is the only tried and tested option available. Though some people have had success with reversal or reduction with things like topical DHT, nolvadex, etc.

If it's just chest fat, then the general principles that apply to losing subcutaneous body fat on most other parts of the body (specifically the torso in men) would apply.

Just my two cents.

Estrogenic breast fat can be, if anything, more stubborn and difficult to reverse naturally than the actual gland, and there is usually some degree of fibrous tissue that spreads across the bottom of the chest that men with fatty manboobs don't even realize they have. I agree that clarification is good, but the principle of addressing prolactin and estrogen is important for reversing any kind of breast fat/gland development without surgery.

TreasureVibe

Nature's Answers Cleavers alcohol free tincture got rid of my mild gynecomastia.

Cleavers moves the lymphatic system, in particular in the breasts I think.

In herbalist literature Cleavers is mentioned as curing breast cysts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals